Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #3901
Hockeygod
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 719
Limestone Monday 23 Sept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylie348 View Post
Canadian Bacon and Hockey God - looks like green light (for me anyways) to do Limestone on 23 Sept (one week Monday from today)! figure if we leave around 8 or 9 am we have the day to mess around up there as there appear to be some neat trails in the area. Let me know if you are in. One of my friends and his KLR plan to join us. Where do you want to meet as we are coming from the Bearberry (Sundre) direction. We could meet at the Bearberry saloon to start?
Let me know if you guys can squeeze this ride in! Any other takers welcome.
Sorry, been off the grid for a few days (busy!)

Love the pictures that have been posted over the past week. Great rides guys! Jealous...

Sadly, I can't go Monday. I get the odd Friday off, but it is rare; plus then I need to procure full-day child care. Teaching mornings and doing 'daddy daycare' in the afternoons, coaching almost every night so most likely weekend only rides for me now... Not sure what is up this weekend yet. Running race Sun morning for the kids, otherwise...? Dirt biking? Dual Sporting? Fall cleanup? Will know closer to the weekend...

Dean
Various mountain and road bikes

No his mind is not for rent
To any god or government
Always hopeful, yet discontent
He knows changes aren't permanent
But change is...
Hockeygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #3902
kaptinkaos
Just some nOOb

Oddometer: 569
That trip looked awesome dudes! Kinda sad I'm out in the field and missed it... Probably a blessing in disguise though as my broken kneecap is healing nicely now. Every time I see my old Dakar I miss it, but it makes me happy to know it's still being ridden properly by where2next, Maybe next time another 990 will tag along and get dirty, ;)

Thanks for the pics!
'07 F650GS Dakar (Gone to a good home!)
kaptinkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:42 AM   #3903
TimeTo Ride
ALLAN

Oddometer: 17
Question Custom Seats in Calgary?

I am looking for somebody who does custom seats locally. Put 800+km on two weeks ago and am still sore. The discomfort starts about an hour into a ride and even with breaks and standing up it's with me through the day.
Don't really want to go with an out of the box aftermarket, a bit of a crapshoot. Full support for my skinny butt is the way to go.
There is a small window to get this done, headed to SA in December, so someone local that I can see in this riding season would be the answer.
There are a few places popping up with an online search but I would like to hear from anyone out there with any experiences in this part of the world. I bookmarked a thread on here about someone who did this on a reservation basis but have lost it and can't seem to find it searching.
Thanks
TimeTo Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #3904
IanInCalgary
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Time,

An alternative to modifying your seat is to add a pad. I ride a DRZ400 and use Sweet Cheeks. I was on a 2-week ride earlier this summer and had no discomfort at all. Without Sweet Cheeks I'm good for only a few hours.

Ian
IanInCalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #3905
TimeTo Ride
ALLAN

Oddometer: 17
An Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanInCalgary View Post
Time,

An alternative to modifying your seat is to add a pad. I ride a DRZ400 and use Sweet Cheeks. I was on a 2-week ride earlier this summer and had no discomfort at all. Without Sweet Cheeks I'm good for only a few hours.

Ian

I'd rather go all the way with a new seat but is time becomes an issue I may.
TimeTo Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #3906
where2next?
Map guy

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTo Ride View Post
I'd rather go all the way with a new seat but is time becomes an issue I may.
FYI it's not quick to get a seat from Renazco. sometimes 6 weeks.
where2next? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #3907
Canadian_Bacon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
Hi everyone,

I'm going to need a new rear tire for a KTM 690 enduro. Any suggestions for places in town or should I just order it online?
Canadian_Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #3908
Lycan1
Grizzly herder

Oddometer: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Bacon View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm going to need a new rear tire for a KTM 690 enduro. Any suggestions for places in town or should I just order it online?
When it comes to tires, I have not found anyone that beats Blackfoot's prices(the only thing they do beat price-wise on). Some of the guys I ride with do get good pricing from GW Cycle, and they will negotiate.
09 KTM 990 Adv
Lycan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #3909
where2next?
Map guy

Oddometer: 188
route 12 in Idaho

Koocanusa on the US Side. Some awesome looking DS routes there.

Maybe a Late season truck trip if I'm arround
where2next? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #3910
Canadian_Bacon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan1 View Post
When it comes to tires, I have not found anyone that beats Blackfoot's prices(the only thing they do beat price-wise on). Some of the guys I ride with do get good pricing from GW Cycle, and they will negotiate.
Thx lycan1.
Canadian_Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #3911
MCMXCIVRS
Begining the Adventure

Oddometer: 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan1 View Post

I too have found Blackfoot hard to beat on tire prices, but not so much on the installation. I mount and balance my own tires now so don't have to pay someone else to scratch my wheels anymore.

I'll be negotiating for a deal this winter as I'm in need of tires for both my bikes.

2009 BMW F800GS, 2008 BMW K1200GT
MCMXCIVRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #3912
Lycan1
Grizzly herder

Oddometer: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMXCIVRS View Post
I too have found Blackfoot hard to beat on tire prices, but not so much on the installation. I mount and balance my own tires now so don't have to pay someone else to scratch my wheels anymore.

I'll be negotiating for a deal this winter as I'm in need of tires for both my bikes.
I hear you. I scratch my own wheels now to. The rear one isn't much fun, but the front is a piece of cake.
09 KTM 990 Adv
Lycan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #3913
kaptinkaos
Just some nOOb

Oddometer: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by where2next? View Post
FYI it's not quick to get a seat from Renazco. sometimes 6 weeks.
I have a Renazco on my 990 now. I can vouch for wait times, lol! I ordered in April, was quoted that they would start my seat build in June and received it in July. Was it worth the wait. More than worth it... Makes my stock Baja seat feel like a 2x4 and it's much more tailored to my needs. Skinny in the front where I need it to be for stand-up off road, flat topped so I can move around freely and transfer weight and it's full suede for ultimate grip off road. Add to that it's such a comfy foam and hell ya it's worth the wait and money I spent. Thinking of sending one of my 450 seat pans to Renazco to have them do it too before Baja!!!

where2next... Get one for the Dakar!!! She deserves it and it's something I always wish I had gotten for it!
'07 F650GS Dakar (Gone to a good home!)
kaptinkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #3914
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Oddometer: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Bacon View Post
Hi everyone,

What size? I have a new 908 but dunno if its the size you need. My 990 eats them up too fast.
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #3915
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Oddometer: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTo Ride View Post
I am looking for somebody who does custom seats locally. Put 800+km on two weeks ago and am still sore. The discomfort starts about an hour into a ride and even with breaks and standing up it's with me through the day.
Don't really want to go with an out of the box aftermarket, a bit of a crapshoot. Full support for my skinny butt is the way to go.
There is a small window to get this done, headed to SA in December, so someone local that I can see in this riding season would be the answer.
There are a few places popping up with an online search but I would like to hear from anyone out there with any experiences in this part of the world. I bookmarked a thread on here about someone who did this on a reservation basis but have lost it and can't seem to find it searching.
Thanks
I had Andrea at Powersport Seats tailor my stock seat and it is substantially better (990 Adventure). She's great price wise too. Very quick turn around. She's in Queensland. (403) 813-2316.
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote