Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #4141
kaptinkaos
Just some nOOb

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydeeds View Post
You can't see the really nice mods behind the tank. Fluidyne rads, water pump and an oil cooler.

I imagine you'll come back wanting a stiffer front end and a steering dampener at the very least.
This 510 is the first bike I've had a dampener on; I bloody love the thing.
Scott's is on the list for the 450X. Have a GPR on the 450EXC and an Emig 22mm front end with a heavy damper from Emig on the 990. I never had dampers before last year either and I'll have one on every offroad bike from now on. It's almost like cheating!!! You could be right about the fork springs though... Lee at Rider's Edge can hook me up no problem though if need be. I've heard stories about guys not touching the forks and racing no problem though... time will tell, :)
'07 F650GS Dakar (Gone to a good home!)
kaptinkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:19 PM   #4142
Cberg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan1 View Post

Did the splits on Ice this morning heading to work. Spiral fracture of tibia and one other bone broken. Drove to work but after a few hours thought I should have it looked at. Should (WILL) be good to go by May long.
Ouch!!!

That sucks, I had the exact same injury, spiral fracture several years ago but I did it riding MX. I did it probably in early April and I was riding on single track trails May long. Good luck in your recovery.
Cberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:25 PM   #4143
Cal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 760
Quote:

Did the splits on Ice this morning heading to work. Spiral fracture of tibia and one other bone broken. Drove to work but after a few hours thought I should have it looked at. Should (WILL) be good to go by May long.
Man that sucks! I am being real careful as I leave for Spain in 4 weeks...as careful as I can be working in construction!
Get better quickly
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:56 PM   #4144
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Sad to see one of our brothers down for the count L, but I enjoy your spirt of true color since this is what dual sport power is about

A few of my fellow riding brothers in Edmonton are mending from the same thing you are, and it's a back case of the ice this year.

Please be care-full out there all, and fast re-cope time for you L1 as time will get you up and riding soon enough.

From Pal JB.

PS: I'm in Airde on Wednesday at the North Timmy's by the Canadian Tire at 7 Pm if any one want to come for a free coffee on me. Good way to meet a few locals since the forcast is more white crap. (LOL).

This was Abraham Lk on Sunday at -6 by after noon.

And this was the bike ride from Rocky MT House to there at -12 on hwy 11

A few of the gravel roads are icy, but melting off fast

Ice fishing at the dam. Yum Yum.

Jeathrow Bowdean screwed with this post 03-24-2014 at 09:05 PM
Jeathrow Bowdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #4145
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,804
Lycan 1.

Bummer. Get well soon. We'll miss you out there in a couple of weeks. May long weekend should be about right but don't forget the Physio too.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:19 PM   #4146
drrod1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Man, that sucks. Heal fast but don't rush it. An extra few days may prevent complications down the road.
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeathrow Bowdean View Post
McLean Cr and Hunters Valley are still snowed in as of last week, but the FTR is good to go less todays snow. A few more weeks will get things moving if we get lots of rain.

Dry track from Nordegg to Edson the last two days on the FTR and Camp 15 road
(C-15)

From JB.
Quote:

drrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:31 AM   #4147
Lav1200
Pig Pen

Oddometer: 1,213
Quote:
Lee - sorry to hear about the bone damage. Hope you heal fast & strong. Did you need any hardware installed to pull the fracture together?
Lav1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:44 PM   #4148
wylie348
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
cast color

Now that is not a standard fiberglass cast colour - did you customize that thing or what?!
Hope you get better soon - I think the cold snap only has a week or two left!
wylie348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:09 PM   #4149
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

I only have 1700 K's of my normal 50.000 this year, so I hope we don't see much more of this !!!

This was hwy 9 east of Drumheller a month ago, and the 60 mpr side wind realy sucks.

JB
Old 03-25-2014, 05:01 PM   #4150
Beema Killa
Beema Killa

Oddometer: 721
Heal it up right and you'll be laughing. Shitty sitch though. I'd have picked the EXACT same color.

Maybe a beer night will help? Get some bike bros together again to bitch about the weather?
Beema Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:33 AM   #4151
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

Good thing it snowed since winter brings out the best in people !!! (LOL)

Free coffee on me tonight at Airde, hope to see a few new faces to get the season under way.

The dude in the bright orange jacket wearing a moose horn hat.

JB
Old 03-26-2014, 08:16 AM   #4152
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,504
My plans might be changing.
I have your #, if I can make it I'll let you know.

Jeff
ATC350X
550MXC
dirtydeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #4153
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

No problem-o DD !!!

Do what you gotta do since it's still winter out side. :(

JB
Old 03-27-2014, 06:55 AM   #4154
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

I meet one of the Calgary dual sport riders last night, and we did a bunch of map book planning for rides coming up this year arcross the Pronvice in the 100 mile circle.

The plan is to start off in the East to let the snow melt down form the Western slopes, so Drumheller and area is a must, and all bikes welcome on these runs, then off too the West to hit spots along the FTR North and South with side trips on the smaller branches !!!

Then hopefully some of the fellows can come up to the Nordegg and area pocket for a weekend of mid week ride to check out the vast amount of logging roads, vast amounts of cut blocks, and easy going single track spots

Our brothers and sisters bought these bikes, so it's time too come out and play when the pavement ends, and adventure begins !!!

JB.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:01 AM   #4155
Canadian_Bacon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 180
That looks pretty awesome. Drop me a line and I'll come with. I know a few guys who would be down for that as well. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeathrow Bowdean View Post
I meet one of the Calgary dual sport riders last night, and we did a bunch of map book planning for rides coming up this year arcross the Pronvice in the 100 mile circle.

The plan is to start off in the East to let the snow melt down form the Western slopes, so Drumheller and area is a must, and all bikes welcome on these runs, then off too the West to hit spots along the FTR North and South with side trips on the smaller branches !!

Then hopefully some of the fellows can come up to the Nordegg and area pocket for a weekend of mid week ride to check out the vast amount of logging roads, vast amounts of cut blocks, and easy going single track spots

Our brothers and sisters bought these bikes, so it's time too come out and play when the pavement ends, and adventure begins !!!

JB.
Canadian_Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote