User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2014, 02:02 PM   #4156
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 302
Will do CB !!!

A few others form Calgary want to tag along, so I'll plot out a few ventures for those that want some gravel travels or more hwy to add thril to the ride.

The Red Deer river valley and coulee's are pretty nice to view in different sections, thermos coffee/ soda stops are a must.

JB
Jeathrow Bowdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:41 PM   #4157
ExpatADV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan1 View Post
They had white, black, blue, pink,and orange, it was an easy choice.
Yikes! Sorry to see that Lee. Better now than June I suppose. You should be all fixed up in time for summer rides. Best of luck with the rehab.

Oh, and not to rub it in, but I've been out twice already in +10. Muddy but no ice.

Glad to see your decorating is up to scratch. That Yamaha poster does the trick!

Regards from the People's Republic of British Columbia
Charlie
ExpatADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #4158
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

Brooks and South is snow free, so I'll see first hand if Elk Island is good running in the rolly's.

Time to un-leash the power for 2 days.

JB
Old 03-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #4159
ExpatADV
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan1 View Post
When did you move Charlie ???
In January. Company relocated me since I've been commuting here for a couple of years. I might've mentioned it when we last rode together.

If you head over into the Okanagan this summer on the KTM PM me.

Cheers
C
Old 03-28-2014, 10:11 PM   #4160
ExpatADV
Adventurer

Here some video...

http://youtu.be/mnE5CmJ3H30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaAW_...r1IpXJEk7Pksxw
Old 03-28-2014, 10:57 PM   #4161
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

Kool vid's X-pat, and what a play ground !!!

JB.

Ride on...
Old 03-29-2014, 09:08 AM   #4162
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

I hope it is on the mend, as one of our Edmonton riders is under the same thing L1, and I/we all hope you are up and running for the 2014 season...

If edm buddy is down for our spring ride, we are going to have him as a road spotter/ support for the spring ride up there, and if your game or feeling up to it, I would ask if you might do the same thing for us in the Calgary area.

At least it gives you something to do, and a great way too meet some local-yokel's.

JB
Old 03-29-2014, 09:39 PM   #4163
adamjc
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Hey guys, sorta new to this subsection. Real nice to see there's a good number of fellow riders here in Calgary, I hope to get on some group rides with y'all this year.

None of my friends ride anymore, especially in my age range (I'm 30, not that I mind riding with any age group), or have switched to solely street riding.

Planning a fly and ride for a KTM 990 as soon as this weather turns around a bit. I imagine there are a few of you that own this bike? I'm looking at an '07, because the BS RIV laws dictate that we're not allowed to import anything newer.

If anyone knows of anything coming up for sale locally, I would love to hear about it as well. Thanks!

Adam
adamjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:43 AM   #4164
Lav1200
Pig Pen

Oddometer: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjc View Post
Planning a fly and ride for a KTM 990 as soon as this weather turns around a bit. I imagine there are a few of you that own this bike? I'm looking at an '07, because the BS RIV laws dictate that we're not allowed to import anything newer.
Hi Adam - I was in the same situation as you - ended up finding a cherry '06 950 Adv in Wyoming that I drove down and picked up in November. I think you will start to see more and more of the '07s come up for sale as guys start upgrading to the high zoot 1190 bikes.

Looking forward to seeing you on the road/trails this summer.

Andy
Lav1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:57 AM   #4165
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,878
07 990!

1st year of the fuel injected 990s. A few glitches. I'd go with an 06.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:48 AM   #4166
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjc View Post
None of my friends ride anymore, especially in my age range (I'm 30, not that I mind riding with any age group), or have switched to solely street riding.

Adam
I hear you. All the guys I know are street riders (cruisers) or the ones that I did ride off road with switched to 4x4 quads.

Let us know how your fly/ride goes!
Old 03-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #4167
Komara
All Season Rider

Oddometer: 43
Street or Dual-sport??

And then there is a growing group of us "older" guys who've put a lot of clicks on the street (Harleys in my case) and are more than excited to get off the pavement. Got a GSA in 2010, a 990 in 2012 and will likely move to a 690 in a few years so I can still pick her up when she goes down.

Had the 990 in the Baja for 10 days in Feb, will ride a big section of the AZBDR in mid May and meet up with a group of guys from CO to do the "dinosaur run 2014" end of May. Sounds like a fun group of guys. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=957304 Also have been out not the GSA 4 times since the new year but just itching for the end of the white stuff...

Will try to catch up with whoever on some planned weekend rides in the area here this year for rides out west. Anyone else located in the Airdrie to Olds area?
Komara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:20 AM   #4168
Cberg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komara View Post
And then there is a growing group of us "older" guys who've put a lot of clicks on the street (Harleys in my case) and are more than excited to get off the pavement. Got a GSA in 2010, a 990 in 2012 and will likely move to a 690 in a few years so I can still pick her up when she goes down.

Had the 990 in the Baja for 10 days in Feb, will ride a big section of the AZBDR in mid May and meet up with a group of guys from CO to do the "dinosaur run 2014" end of May. Sounds like a fun group of guys. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=957304 Also have been out not the GSA 4 times since the new year but just itching for the end of the white stuff...

Will try to catch up with whoever on some planned weekend rides in the area here this year for rides out west. Anyone else located in the Airdrie to Olds area?
I'm in Sundre, plan on many rides out west on the FTR.
Cberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:56 PM   #4169
Jeathrow Bowdean
Gnarly Adventurer

I travel much of Western Canada, and just finished a weekend of riding Medican Hat/ Cyprees Hills.

Or

Dry from West of Brooks to AB/SK boarder and North to South in a 20 to 30 km strip. Lots of summer in Alberta/ and BC if you know where to look !!!

From JB, Wentern Canada.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #4170
dirtydeeds
I'm alive.

Oddometer: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komara View Post
And then there is a growing group of us "older" guys who've put a lot of clicks on the street (Harleys in my case) and are more than excited to get off the pavement.
That makes me think of a guy I work with. He's got 100,000 on his Harley. He "prefers" paved roads.

My guess is that the 100,000 included some gravel.