Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2009, 10:16 PM   #76
chucker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
I can't get my head around the whole e-bike thing, I like gasoline powered stuff. I work on hybrid cars and can't see how they may become mainstream. I think alternative fuel is the ticket, but having said that, it would be fun to do some urban moto-x in silence.
chucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:14 PM   #77
macuser OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker
I can't get my head around the whole e-bike thing, I like gasoline powered stuff. I work on hybrid cars and can't see how they may become mainstream. I think alternative fuel is the ticket, but having said that, it would be fun to do some urban moto-x in silence.
You work on hybrid cars so tell me - what do you think about a variable torque designed electric motor for a dirt bike?
macuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #78
Waxy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
A hardore KTM DS ride would be sweet.

Here's my 400 -

Waxy
Attached Images

Waxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 03:58 PM   #79
chucker
Adventurer

Very nice bike, Waxy. I like your taillight setup, is it a Sicass product? I see you're a fellow RMDR member as well, good to see.

I need to do more research on the subject of varaiable torque electric motors to make a valid comment about them. It would be good if the battery range was around 50 miles and had similar power output as, say, a 300cc thumper. Then I guess I would be a bit more interested. Right now, I understand bikes like the Zero have instant torque making it kinda tricky to ride in the tight stuff. I may be wrong here...
Old 04-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #80
cedric
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
We should get a KTM hardcore DS ride going here, I also have a 07 KTM 450 exc. I have ridden down in the Crowsnest area and it's on my list this year for sure. Amazing scenery, and deserted trails. I rode the Kook a few weeks back, still a little slick in the trees but the south side was perfect.
Chucker, are you saying I can't come unless my bike is orange? It's hard to find a good used one right about now it would seem. I may have to go blue again.

Waxy, are you just really fast with making babies, or do you have twins? I have a pair of boys on the way at the end of the summer, so my riding time will be very limited this fall, to say the least. From what I've been told, I'd probably rather just curl up under a tree and take a nap anyway.
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #81
chucker
Adventurer

Ryan, you can come but bring an orange garbage bag and some tape!

I've got an orange bike for sale too, check your e-mail.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #82
Wesley J
Hoser

Oddometer: 628
Garbage bags are orange. Coincidence? I think not

Kidding of course. Is anyone free on Friday? G Goat and I are heading to the Ghost.

Wesley J

'07 KTM 990 Adventure
'10 KTM 300 XC-W
Wesley J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #83
macuser OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
I have all of july and most of august off - anyone want to do a canada to mexico border off road trip?
macuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:10 AM   #84
Wesley J
Hoser

Macuser, I'm riding the coast highway in June to Sandy Eggo and back in the first 2 weeks of July. Camping all the way down.

Everyone else, we're riding up to Hyder, Alaska and back in a few weeks in case anyone's interested. I'm riding the VFR and not the BRP though.

Here's a rough timeline with destinations after Hyder still up in the air:

Day 1
Wednesday, 1 pm, leave Calgary and head for the Mount Robson Lodge campground near Jasper.
Distance: 504 kms
Time: 5hrs
Details: http://www.mountrobsonlodge.com/

Day 2:
Thursday we head for Alaska, arriving in Hyder some time after supper.
Distance: 982 kms
Time: 12 hrs
Details: Camp or stay at a hotel. After that long day it may be nice to have a bed and a shower.
Hotels: http://www.kingedwardhotel.com/ and http://www.ripleycreekinn.com/ and http://www.sealaskainn.com/

Day 3:
Friday, Hyder to Prince George
Distance: 700 kms
Time: 9 hrs
Camping:

Day 4:
Saturday, Prince George to Vernon
Distance: 640 kms
Time: 7 hours
Camping/hot springs:

Day 5:
Sunday, Vernon to Toad Rock Campground (near Ainsworth Hot springs)
Distance: 300 kms
Time: 5 hours

Day 6:

Monday, Ainsworth to Calgary

'07 KTM 990 Adventure
'10 KTM 300 XC-W
Old 04-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #85
Waxy
Adventurer

Quote:
Very nice bike, Waxy. I like your taillight setup, is it a Sicass product? I see you're a fellow RMDR member as well, good to see.
Thanks. It'll never going to look that good again.

Yeah. All the dualsport stuff is either OEM KTM or Sicass. The Sicass stuff is really nice, and good quality, they've been really good to deal with too.

I've been a RMDRA member for a few years now, but I just can't seem to get to the meetings. One of these days lol. I do try and promote them as much as I can, they're doing great work for all of us and the more support they can get, the better.

Waxy

Waxy screwed with this post 04-29-2009 at 11:04 AM
Old 04-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #86
Waxy
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedric
Chucker, are you saying I can't come unless my bike is orange? It's hard to find a good used one right about now it would seem. I may have to go blue again.
I saw an ad for an '02 400EXC that was street legal in B.C. the other day, it looked to be in MINT condition. I can probably track it down again if you're interested.

Quote:
Waxy, are you just really fast with making babies, or do you have twins? I have a pair of boys on the way at the end of the summer, so my riding time will be very limited this fall, to say the least. From what I've been told, I'd probably rather just curl up under a tree and take a nap anyway.
Just quick on the draw LOL.

Right now I think maybe I'm an idiot, but the plan was to get it over with and have them real close together, that way I can move on to the fun part and say goodbye to diapers forever a lot sooner. It seemed like a good idea at the time...

TWINS! Your life is about to change my friend, more than you can possibly imagine. Take a good look at that bike (and any other toys you have), give it a big hug, and put as many miles on it as you can now, because "happy fun time" is going to be over for you all too soon.

Don't get too depressed though, it gets replaced with something better.

Waxy
Old 04-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #87
cedric
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy
I saw an ad for an '02 400EXC that was street legal in B.C. the other day, it looked to be in MINT condition. I can probably track it down again if you're interested.
Thanks, I saw that ad, but I feel he wants about $1000 too much for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy
TWINS! Your life is about to change my friend, more than you can possibly imagine. Take a good look at that bike (and any other toys you have), give it a big hug, and put as many miles on it as you can now, because "happy fun time" is going to be over for you all too soon.
That's kind of what I'm thinking, at least I didn't plan it that way
Old 04-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #88
Waxy
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedric
Thanks, I saw that ad, but I feel he wants about $1000 too much for it.
That was my thought too, but I've found it never hurts to make an offer.

Waxy
Old 04-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #89
Wesley J
Hoser

Myself, G-Goat and F-Nuke are riding out in the Ghost, leaving around 11 am from the NW in case anyone wants to come.

PM me.

Wesley J

'07 KTM 990 Adventure
'10 KTM 300 XC-W
Old 05-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #90
chucker
Adventurer

Anyone interested in a Sunday ride at Maclean?