ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #91
Dirtysouth OP
Stud fee waived for noobs

Oddometer: 4,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates
yes it was chris i saw him today and he called me a qeur!!

and i know he was who you ran into!!!

he is a good guy, i have know him about 12 years and he is a good one!!!

Our conversation started like this; (Me) You don't know that quer Steve Coates do you? (Chris) (He was drinking a Mountain Dew and about spit it all over himself).
Dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #92
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysouth
Our conversation started like this; (Me) You don't know that quer Steve Coates do you? (Chris) (He was drinking a Mountain Dew and about spit it all over himself).

yeah that is him always has a mountain dew and a cigareete!!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #93
Dirtysouth OP

Quote:
yeah that is him always has a mountain dew and a cigareete!!

When you guys start back hiring, let me know. I want to do some traveling.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:43 AM   #94
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,472
its 10days on and 4days off out of state or 4 on 3 off depends on where you go, i will let you know!!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:02 AM   #95
Dirtysouth OP

Quote:
its 10days on and 4days off out of state or 4 on 3 off depends on where you go, i will let you know!!

Sign me up. I want a I-man job for awhile though, I need a break from taking all the heat for a little extra dough. I'd rather take a little extra dough and relax for awhile. What type of coding do you guys use?
Old 02-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #96
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,420
Quote:
Alright D.O.G.s, we need a thread that will allow everyone to see what everyone's plan regarding the scrub are. I myself will be more than likely leaving out friday the 27th after work unless I can wiggle out of there early. Anyone with the same schedule shoot me a pm and we can figure something out, otherwise I will just point south and roll on through into the evening. I'll be leaving from Woodstock.
OK
I thought DOGs were taking over the Scrub

How many are on JD's current list?.....

it's next weekend ya know.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniel
Paid:

VStromNC
jaydee1445
rick68fl
Knybanjo
DPNAP1223
flux_capacitor
tstites
Topdog
Keenan
Jason
Steven
DAK1 "Don"
Gaff
kelly_duke_2000
Sanjoh
Sanpaul
Eickey
Road Candy
Mark1305
Mobeer
Motogirl
Dirty South
RebelGSPD

knybanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #97
Dirtysouth OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo
OK

Looks like the DOGs are going to be ate up with fleas for sure, or is it knats in Florida.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #98
juniorsktm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 823
I'm in......
Old 02-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #99
TerraUnFirma
Fair/Not Balanced

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Looks like the DOGs are going to be ate up with fleas for sure, or is it knats in Florida.
Ummmmm, as I recall, it's both!
'06 Suzuki DRz400s
'08 Yamaha WR250R
TerraUnFirma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #100
Willy-B
onebudwiser

Oddometer: 7,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo
OK

Kevin,

I prolly brought this thread on myself by spouting off in the D.O.G. thread about two weeks back. Dirty stepped up and started this thread.

When I asked, things were slow at work and it appeared that I had some free time in the near future, which bit me in the butt. This time last year we had 83 employees, all of us extremely busy. Since, that has dwindled down to 41 employees due to layoffs and folks just going their own way.

Last Thursday another 19 of that 41 was laid off, that my friend makes it real hard for me to to say to them next Thursday if they ask me to work on Friday...or Saturday, "I can't work for you tomorrow, I'm going to Florida."

I'm riding by the seat of my pants here and plan on sending JD a pm of my current situation in the event I'm able to squeeze my way in at final notice.

Trust me, after all the times I've tried to make it down there, I felt like I was already there this time.

My theory, you only get one chance, go full fucking throttle, all the way, all the time.-Trip
Willy-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #101
Dirtysouth OP

I feel your pain Billy, that's kinda my situation and why I'm not asking off for thursday and friday. We're day for day, I may go in on thursday and they tell us that we don't have anything to do friday. If that's the case, I'm blasting out of here as soon as I see the girls off. Hopefully it will work out for you, I know you will have a blast.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #102
Dirtysouth OP

By the way, we only need a handful of DOGs and we'll turn Daytona completely out. We may need the other DOGs to stay back home and send bail money.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #103
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy-B
Kevin,

I prolly brought this thread on myself by spouting off in the D.O.G. thread about two weeks back. Dirty stepped up and started this thread.

When I asked, things were slow at work and it appeared that I had some free time in the near future, which bit me in the butt. This time last year we had 83 employees, all of us extremely busy. Since, that has dwindled down to 41 employees due to layoffs and folks just going their own way.

Last Thursday another 19 of that 41 was laid off, that my friend makes it real hard for me to to say to them next Thursday if they ask me to work on Friday...or Saturday, "I can't work for you tomorrow, I'm going to Florida."

I'm riding by the seat of my pants here and plan on sending JD a pm of my current situation in the event I'm able to squeeze my way in at final notice.

Trust me, after all the times I've tried to make it down there, I felt like I was already there this time.
Billy,
I understand fully about the job situation. A lot of people are afraid to take any vacation right now for fear their job will disappear while they are gone.

That said.....I hope you can somehow pull it off and escape for a few days...I'm sure JD won't mind if you have to "crash" the party.
(any of these other FFs and it might be another story though)

knybanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:41 AM   #104
juniorsktm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 823
Not sure exactly how many of "us" are going. But, if anyone would like to hitch a ride down let me know. I have an enclosed trailer that I am taking down. I will have both bikes and cruising in the comfy Tahoe

I know Coates, you don't approve, I'm just looking to get there quick and easy

So, just gimme a holler and ride down if you want. Might save someone the extra $$ in fuel. 8 hrs of driving I believe, the company might be nice.....

Peace,
FF
Old 02-19-2009, 08:12 AM   #105
TerraUnFirma
Fair/Not Balanced

Oddometer: 351
Frank,

What day are you heading down? I talked to Mark last night and we're going to head down there on Thursday morning, either return on Sunday or Monday, depending on weather. Will be towing his enclosed trailer with my Suburban and will have room for one, maybe two others if anyone wants to hitch a ride.

Billy, hope you can get the time off work, but I agree, now is not the time to take any chances with employment!

Cheers,
'06 Suzuki DRz400s
'08 Yamaha WR250R
TerraUnFirma is offline   Reply With Quote