ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #316
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse_Riley
Went out tonight to check out the XRL. Wouldn't start. It ain't got no lectricity. Dead battery. I just rode it Saturday so it shouldn't be discharged. Got it on the charger now. I'll be trying to figure it out tomorrow.
Mike. Check the battery after you take off the tender. It should read 12.8 to 13.1 to still be holding a charge. Also you can check if you have a power draw pretty easy. using a 12v light. Disconnect the ground wire first to the battery. Connect the tester clip to the terminal. Then put the point to the battery - post. If the light goes on it means you have a draw. Do it the same way for the + side too. If you want to rule out the stator, cdi and regulator rectifier? Let me know because I have good spares you can try out. Ben
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #317
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1
Tim has been putting in alot of seat time on the BMW. I keep messing myself up and bike too. I think he is going to leave me behind if I don't get myself in gear. Good little vid PUTO. Ben

I didn't get any video from Saturday. We were doing some fun climbs and descents, all within a couple of miles of camp.

Charlie & company were great hosts!
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #318
cribaby OP
Dirt/Street? No Wait Dirt

Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrhelmet
Had a great time with Tim, Charlie, Charlie's dad and uncle.... thanks again for letting us hang out, ride and crash in your van.

BTW--- Charlie tried to lose Tim on the hillclimbs but Tim rides too good now... damn.
Tim and Jim
Thanks for coming out - great weekend for riding. I didn't get many pics but will post up a couple as soon as I get them down loaded from the camera. Next time we should explore more toward the north, lots of great riding in and around that area.