Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #1576
Trophy Mike
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 785
Recent faceplanter confirms no hip armor in the Lombard. Really?
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Trophy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #1577
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,673
Repair Service

Ghazi I know the suits are made overseas, but do you offer any kind of repair service state side. I blew out another one of the zippers (leg vent) this time. For those viewing it is a V1 suit and the zippers have been changed on to w2k, I believe for any suit you order now.
Getting someone to work on it around here is like pulling teeth. I was wondering if I could send it back to have the zipper repaired.
Thanks
rockinrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #1578
Shatrat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Guy with competing vendor in sig makes snide remark. Really?
Shatrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:59 PM   #1579
Trophy Mike
w/extreme prejudice

We don't sell $289 one-piece riding suits. But if this manufacturer wants to establish a dealer network or contribute in a meaningful way to the protective gear market it would behoove them to justify this detail or lack thereof.
trophycycleapparel.com - America's #1 Non-REV'IT! Dealer - Rukka Gear Discussion/FAQ
Old 05-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #1580
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,564
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579800

The above thread in Faceplant is where Trophy Mike makes his comments on the Teiz suit. Other posts in that same thread point out that the Aerostitch Roadcrafter and Darien do not come standard with hip armor. My Olympia Phantom does: two small pieces of closed-cell foam.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past
MillCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:22 PM   #1581
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,701
hip armor: i think hip armor is probably a good addition in the next version of the suit if we can still meet our price points.

contribute in a meaningful way: i think making riding suits so affordable for everyone is a quite meaningful contribution.

rockinrog: unfortunately repairs services are offered at the moment. however, if you are facing issues with zippers, please open a support case and i will send you the replacement parts and we can discuss repair options.

navychief: feel better soon and glad that damage was not major. will definitely take your feedback into account.

el_birdo / short sizes: your point does make sense and $200 in custom fees does seem high. Please ask other people you know with the same problem to comment on this forum and we will definitely try to see if we can add short sizes to our regular size selection. i personally like the idea of offering two inseam (one finished regular size, one with longer unfinished seam for custom fit)

Thanks
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #1582
avc8130
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 751
Short inseams and I order a 2-suit set immediately.
ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #1583
JulianOsborne
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Sizing the Lombard

I bought the "V2" last season and put eight or ten thousand miles on it, I'm happy with the suit except that the fit is tight on a sport bike. Standing the torso is perfect and an inch or two of the cuffs are on the floor, but in the riding position the cuffs are well above my ankles and the body is tight. As the knees are bent tight over the pads the radius of the bend is quite long and uses a surprising amount of the available leg length, and I suppose the same is true of my butt. I haven't seen a lot of discussion of this position problem in the sizing advise here and believe it should get more attention, on a cruiser the fit may have been fine.

This spring I ordered a Lombard because it should be a little longer and the new vents and rain hood look good. Unfortunately the day after I ordered it I found a patch of sand
left over from winter in a corner and tested the old suits armor. While I did break my collar bone I think things could have been a lot worse, no road rash or bruises except for the hip over the joint where I dragged the liner's temperature controller connector. Obviously in this case armor on the hip would have been welcome, but at some point more armor/weight will discourage the suit's use, it already weighs twelve or fourteen pounds, it wouldn't have helped at all hanging in my garage.

So while the Lombard version looks good, I haven't been able to get my arm into the sleeve yet to test the fit and when I do hopefully I won't have the opportunity to test the armor again.
JulianOsborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:42 PM   #1584
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianOsborne
...... While I did break my collar bone I think things could have been a lot worse, no road rash or bruises except for the hip over the joint where I dragged the liner's temperature controller connector. ......
woah, wishing you a speedy recovery..
Old 05-19-2010, 04:32 AM   #1585
Gondul
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
hip armor: i think hip armor is probably a good addition in the next version of the suit if we can still meet our price points.
If you put in the hip armor and lose access to the pockets you'll have a whole other set of people bitch that they cannot get into the pockets of their pants.

I don't expect to find hip armor in an over-suit....if they were a regular pair of riding pants, then I would certainly expect hip armor (or at least a pocket or some velcro to where I could attach some armor)
Old 05-19-2010, 05:00 AM   #1586
rcompton
I am not Iron Man

Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondul
If you put in the hip armor and lose access to the pockets you'll have a whole other set of people bitch that they cannot get into the pockets of their pants.

I don't expect to find hip armor in an over-suit....if they were a regular pair of riding pants, then I would certainly expect hip armor (or at least a pocket or some velcro to where I could attach some armor)

Just go with an approach like Aerostich: A couple squares of velcro, and the armor can be optional - easy to add/remove as desired.

Kurt Vonnegut
rcompton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:09 AM   #1587
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondul

well regardless of whatever we do, there will always be a set of people who complain....
Old 05-19-2010, 09:26 AM   #1588
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 1,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
well regardless of whatever we do, there will always be a set of people who complain....
True enough.
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #1589
Trophy Mike
w/extreme prejudice

If it weren't for the people who complain we'd all still be eating each other.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #1590
El Birdo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Mike
If it weren't for the people who complain we'd all still be eating each other.