Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #1711
Spam16v
Squid Rocket

Oddometer: 799
gonna snap a few pictures, 2nd death in the family in the works, and wedding season for friends has consumed quite a bit of free time.
Spam16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #1712
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
Review

Here is another of Teiz jackets
http://www.teizms.com/news_reviews/roadbikepg74.pdf
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #1713
MTDuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Pissed More zipper angst

Seems you do offer a full warranty. Why would you take care of this problem but not mine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
worry not.
let me clarify here that of all the lombards, jackets and pants sold, the total number of complaints received regarding zippers is 5. so its not a common problem and has shown up in only a handful of suits.

You suit is under full warranty and we will definitely take proper care of your problem. i will be sending you a pm regarding this shortly.

thanks
Old 07-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #1714
MTDuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Did this zipper issue get resolved? I have the same problem, its easier to get a tractor rebuilt where I live than to find someone that will touch a 6 foot zipper.

In perusing this thread, I'm finding an alarming rate of zipper failures but will withhold judgment until I hear how Ghazi will address my current problem.

These (or any) suits are pretty much worthless without functioning zippers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog
Ghazi I know the suits are made overseas, but do you offer any kind of repair service state side. I blew out another one of the zippers (leg vent) this time. For those viewing it is a V1 suit and the zippers have been changed on to w2k, I believe for any suit you order now.
Getting someone to work on it around here is like pulling teeth. I was wondering if I could send it back to have the zipper repaired.
Thanks
Old 07-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #1715
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTDuke
Did this zipper issue get resolved? I have the same problem, its easier to get a tractor rebuilt where I live than to find someone that will touch a 6 foot zipper.

In perusing this thread, I'm finding an alarming rate of zipper failures but will withhold judgment until I hear how Ghazi will address my current problem.

These (or any) suits are pretty much worthless without functioning zippers.
As i mentioned to you several times, the suit you have is Version 1.0 which was quickly replaced with the Lombard suit which had YKK main zippers. The failure rate for the main YKK zipper is ZERO. Absolutely ZERO. Regardless, the product is still evolving and we continue to make improvements.

You main issue lies with our method of offering support, which is to reimburse you for repairs. This methods saves shipping costs for everyone and is also appreciated by most of our customers. It is also a very quick method of resolving warranty issues. It is clearly stated in our FAQ that is method will be employed for resolving most warranty issues.

In any case, i would like you to be a satisfied customer hence i have replied to your PM informing you that i will simply refund your order and accept the suit as a return. I hope that will be a satifactory solution to your warranty issue.
Thanks
Old 07-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #1716
MTDuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
As i mentioned to you several times, the suit you have is Version 1.0 which was quickly replaced with the Lombard suit which had YKK main zippers. The failure rate for the main YKK zipper is ZERO. Absolutely ZERO. Regardless, the product is still evolving and we continue to make improvements.

You main issue lies with our method of offering support, which is to reimburse you for repairs. This methods saves shipping costs for everyone and is also appreciated by most of our customers. It is also a very quick method of resolving warranty issues. It is clearly stated in our FAQ that is method will be employed for resolving most warranty issues.

In any case, i would like you to be a satisfied customer hence i have replied to your PM informing you that i will simply refund your order and accept the suit as a return. I hope that will be a satifactory solution to your warranty issue.
Thanks

Thanks for resolving this Ghazi. I appreciate you working with me to find a solution.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #1717
cccbarkbuster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
1st ride

Got to try the Lombard last weekend! Borrowed my bike back from a warranty claim with a friends spare wheel to go on the trip I planned before the wheel bearing failed which I would have missed if he didn`t offer me the wheel.
temps were in the low 70`s when we started but climbed to the upper 80`s in the afternoon. All vents were open from the start and worked well. wore it all day Sat. with shorts and a t-shirt under it for 175 miles. Sunday was even hotter into the 90`s and I started with it on but took it off after our 1st stop and switched to jeans and t-shirt for the rest of the day. So far I`m happy with the fit and how well the venting works. people sure noticed the hi-vis orange! Its gonna be a great commuter suit and extend my riding season if I ever get my bike back
08 Buell Uly XB12xt
78 BMW R100rs (sold 3/13/11)
04 KTM200exc 09 Kawasaki Versys(daughters)
cccbarkbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #1718
Romulux
Next exit

Oddometer: 156
So I've worn my Mojave pretty much every day since I got it. This past week was the hottest weather we've had this year.

I officially love it. I'm not wild about wearing mesh safety gear, but it is incredibly comfortable. It's definitely a compromise.

What I don't love is the knee armor. It is way too small.

I like the elbow armor, very good size in my opinion. The shoulder and shin armor is fine.

Hip armor or padding would be an excellent addition, Ghazi.

I love the lack of pockets. The one pocket is great to me.
Romulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:28 PM   #1719
Navamo1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Question Eight months now a tear

Just like to say the suit has been great to have, but at 90 Degrees F or higher it get's a little hot. But now, I just found a tear in the front right in the crotch area. The outer fabric has torn and now I have reqested for warrentee work, we'll see how this is handled. I do hope they will recall the suit and make the repair for me. My driving is just daily driving to work and back, mostly highway. I really don't know what stress I could have placed on the front, there always seem to be a lot of room up front, so it troublesome? Any of you have the same issue? How was the repair made: did they make the repair or did they ask you to get it done? Plus, eight months is not long? I'll keep you updated as to what happens???!
Navamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:24 PM   #1720
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer
Ventilation from florida! I had a mesh jjacket and wore it twice and gave it away. the mesh itself was hot and the continuous hot air flowing through was misearable. i prefered wearing perf leather with underarm zips, back and front zips and leather pants. it was still too hot to wear here in fla. So this past monday, it was in the high 90's with a 107 heat index. i was dreading my ride home in the Lombard. All vents were open and my cuffs were adjusted loose to allow air flow up the arms. it was terribly hot walking to the bike. but once i got moving, i got a blast of HOT wind in my face---like you just opened the oven door to check the turkey. for that 47 miles home with 40 of it interstate (80mph) i never noticed the Lombard as being hot. it flows air great and that HOT wind blast in my face was more the issue. i normally quit riding at all until late aug/sept in Fla. riding in shorts/t shirt is not preferred. the Lombard will work in Fla!
I once was on highway 81 doing a long slab home from the twisties in WV in 90F weather. I was wearing leather pants and a mesh jacket with perf leather panels.

The highway is a friggin' oven. The heat and sunlight reflected off of the pavement, off of the mountains, and onto me. The cars ran so hot, I felt them as I whiz by. My bike got hot too. I like to kick my feet up on my frame sliders on long slabs on the highway, and the heat coming from the engine and radiator could fry an egg. Well, maybe not. But they could make my legs sweat. That doesn't happen often, feeling sweat drip from my legs.....

After an hour of riding I became stuck on the highway with mesh gear. Some cager wrecked or something. It was so bad, sitting next to the hot cars. I decided after that to treat the extremely hot air, just like cold air: block it!

So on July 4th and 5th, in +100F weather, I rode all day on the highway.
I did almost 1000 miles in those 2 days. I was friggin' hot. But I was not so miserable. The Lombard did the trick. I even had the snap collar open in the morning. You know, that button to hold the collar open. I thought to let some air in. After a while, as it got hotter, I had to button it. It was just like a ride in cold weather. Don't get me wrong, it was still hot. But it wasn't like that horrible ride in mesh gear on highway 81.
inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #1721
VSK
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Another Lombard Review

I know the teiz 1 piece suit has been reviewed plenty of times in this ridiculously long thread - but there is nothing like too many reviews for folks in the market for gear.

I bought the hi viz Lombard last fall. But a move (NJ to London) kept me off the bike until March. Fit is pretty good for something off the rack. Fit for upper body is perfect - snug, all the armor is in the right places, and there is no flapping on high speed. Lower body fit isnt perfect but not an issue at all. Would have preferred a snugger fit. Even with alll the adjustment straps pulled in completely, the armor and the suit still seems to move around. Need to do a forensic investigation of the lower section to see what i can do to fix this. By the way - the liner came out immediately. Havent used it a single time.

This being my first one piece suit, I was wary of how tough it would be to get in and out of the suit. Fears were completely unfounded because getting in and out is a breeze. I can step in to the suit and be zipped up and ready to roll in less than a minute. Much quicker than a separate jacket and pant set up and therefore perfect for commuting.

I had read Ghazi's claims about the venting on the suit but was still not prepared for how great they are. In fact the few times I wore the suit, I would discover new vents all the time! I usually run pretty hot and therefore heat was always a problem for AGATT but this takes away that excuse as well. Still need to test this at higher temps say but have been ok in stop and go traffic up to about 75F. 85 would be my limit but would require me to keep moving. Havent tested it in rain yet but not expecting it to keep me completely dry with the number of vents in it.

Because of the price point, this was a little bit of an impulsive purchase and an experiment. I wasnt sure what role this would peform in relation to other gear I own (alpinestar airflo mesh jacket, Olympia AST jacket and ranger pants). I dont think its fair to compare Lombard to high end motoport/halvarrsons/rukka gear. I think it will probably blow away most entry level gear in terms of protection as well features. Its aspirations should be more towards mid-priced gear that probably uses similar materials and protection, has identical features and is within a reasonable range in terms of price. Guess a quick comparison with the Olympia stuff is in order. The Olympia set cost me $500. Without taking away anything from the Lombard, I think the Olympia definitely "feels" a slightly better built kit. I can also say that the AST has kept me bone dry on 400 mile days in heavy rain. However the ranger pants under-performed in that department. But then the AST has fewer vents and therefore not ideal (for me) at a much lower temperature compared to the Lombard. So it comes down to how much value does one ascribe to slightly better 'peceived/real' quality and water-proof qualities over the convenience (of a 1 peice suit) and broader temperature range. For me, I have decided that between the Lombard and mid-priced gear (like Olympia) - Lombard wins. Hence flea market section currently has them for sale. Dont get me wrong on Olympia though - the AST jacket is wonderful and if I wasnt planning on upgrading (see below), I would probably have kept it for longer tours.

I think the Lombard will eventually serve me for commuting to work and shorter day trips. And with the money saved (and a lot more on top!), I plan on getting some top end gear with max proven protection. Will take some time but until then the Lombard should peform well.

The one area where I am most uncomfortable with the Lombard is proven protection. With most gear, each component is easier to certify and make claims about (eg - cordura is more abrasion resistant than x, or the certified armor vs the uncertified armor),. But that doesnt tell me how well the package works together. I guess if a product has been around for long, enough anecdotal eveidence can be a good indicator (and i know the initial evidence for the Lombard is encouraging). But I would feel more comfortable knowing my odds in a fall based on a scientific test (resulting in some sort of certification like the kind in europe) or at least relative results (suit x is better than y in the abrasion, crash protection etc) like the ones in magazines. Ghazi - thats my suggestion - next time you hear of a magazine conducting one of their tests, please throw in your suit as well.
VSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #1722
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

thanks for the feedback vsk,romulux,omg,barkbuster and everyone else :)

navamo i have responded to your email for resolution of your issue.
thanks
Old 07-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #1723
VSK
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Ghazi - a question for you. As I was getting on the bike today, I realized that the lower half of my suit has the hi viz material on the insides of my legs while the black is outside. Was there a particular reason for building the suit this way? Was thinking that the reverse would have made more sense so as to maximize the amount of hi viz exposed to the others on the road.

Do we have the choice of getting the lower half of the suit in black only?
VSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #1724
Romulux
Next exit

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSK
Ghazi - a question for you. As I was getting on the bike today, I realized that the lower half of my suit has the hi viz material on the insides of my legs while the black is outside. Was there a particular reason for building the suit this way? Was thinking that the reverse would have made more sense so as to maximize the amount of hi viz exposed to the others on the road.

Do we have the choice of getting the lower half of the suit in black only?
Closely examine the material. You'll see that the black material is a much heavier fabric than the colored sections. I suspect the black is on all outward facing portions as they are the most likely abrasion points.

Or I could be totally off base and it's just for style.
Romulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #1725
Shatrat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Thumb

I believe that Ghazi has mentioned previously that the heavy abrasion resistant material is only available in black.

I got my custom sized Lombard a week or two and so far I've put about 1000 miles on it in 95 degree weather as well as light showers.
It's surprisingly comfortable with all the vents open in hot weather, as long as you are moving.

As soon as you stop you really wish you were in mesh, though.

Maybe that will be my investment for next riding season.

I'm very happy with the purchase and the service from Ghazi.
Shatrat is offline   Reply With Quote