Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #1726
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulux
Closely examine the material. You'll see that the black material is a much heavier fabric than the colored sections. I suspect the black is on all outward facing portions as they are the most likely abrasion points.

Or I could be totally off base and it's just for style.
exactly right. the black material is 1680 Denier Nylon and i currently dont have hi viz colors available in that material. all major impact area are made from that material.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #1727
Spam16v
Squid Rocket

Oddometer: 796
Ventura jacket, and Timoteo pants, zipped together, rode from buffalo to mid-ohio in an utter downpour for the vintage motorcycle gathering. put in the waterproof liners, not a chance in hell any suit was going to handle the SOAKING i got. my boots filled with water in 20 minutes before i even got on the highway. i previously treated them with scotchguard, but i'm going to try some camp dry spray. I wasn't surprised they didn't fair so well, but once the rain stopped, vents open, they dried out real quick and after a glove change my feet were all that were wet when i got there. still thrilled with the 2pc suit and I plan to get a mesh suit next spring for the warm season.
Spam16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #1728
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,608
the zippers ARE an issue with these suits.

i have the 2nd generation lombard. it's fantastic for this hot florida riding. the ventilation is GOOD! BUT...i bought this suit to last a VERY long time. The second time I wore it, one of the vent zips in the back broke. Warranty item, no problem. they sent a new zip and paid the $39 install. but i took me 3 weeks to get the zip sewed in (and it was a pretty poor installation job). so i didn't touch the zips again, leaving them open for florida. So 2 weeks ago i was riding the mountains and it was cool enough one morning to zip up the sleeve vents. the long sleeve vent IN BOTh ARMS broke! not a problem, still under warranty--Gazi said fix it and send him the bill. He said the gen 3 suits will have new YKK zippers. i asked for replacement ykk zips but he said they are not available yet. so by the time I have every zipper replaced-- whenever it breaks-- i'll have a few hundred bucks in seamsttress charges. SO MY ADVICE---don't buy a suit until the new zips are in. someone a few pages back asked if the zipper problems had been fixed. hope this helps.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #1729
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Hello,
There have been a few complaints regarding vents zippers on a small percentage of suits. We are trying our best to accomodate the warranty claims of the effected suits.
However, i must mention again that a small percentage of the suits have shown problems. Also, the main zipper of the suit is YKK and there have been absolutely ZERO complaints regarding that.
If you face any issues, please feel free to contact us.
Thanks
Old 07-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #1730
12bswayed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
It was in an article in the 2010 May issue of BMW ON magazine that reviewed your leather and textile jackets.

quote=teizms]swayed. where did you read that post?
we are experimenting with the sizing. hopefully we will work out something soon :)

spam: please upload some pictures of your new pants

Sorry about the delayed responses but i am still wrapping up on the post wedding functions
however like i have mentioned before, all email support and order management is fully operational. We are only closing phone support till 5th August. Please email us for a quick response
thanks for the support guys.[/quote]
Old 07-31-2010, 12:36 PM   #1731
troyslegacy
PigGS Feet

Oddometer: 134
Two months with the Lombard

So...I have had my Teizms Lombard suit in Large-Tall for about two months now. I had ordered one that was in stock, so I didn't have to wait 8 weeks like a lot of the other folks did. I have ridden around locally with the suit and had no complaints other than the knee pucks never staying in place. I have done every kind of adjustment possible, they always move out to the side and would be rather useless in a crash I imagine. I went on my first long ride over the 4th of July weekend. I hot some wildly varying weather, from 42F at the top of the pass near Mt. Baker, to the 90's near Grand Coulee Dam. I was quite impressed with the vents in the suit and they seemed to seal rather well.

The zippers and the material between the zippers are an entirely different matter however. On multiple occasions I had to physically remove the top of the suit in order to close the under arm zips. I found them nearly impossible to close while standing, even while raising that arm in the air. The material in the vent gets caught in the zipper. It was pretty much shredded by the end of the weekend and I will likely have to cut it out. I was using all of the vents quite often due to all of the weather changes.

While getting ready to cross Snoqualmie pass I stopped to prepare my suit by closing all of the vents. I went to adjust the knee armor (for about the 40th time that weekend) and "pop" the zipper rips right off in my hand. I rode across Snoqualmie Pass and had a nice wet knee on the other side. I ended up duct taping it and continuing home.

Overall I am fairly happy with the suit. I wouldn't say the Lombard is a huge improvement over the first vented suit, the additional vents are nice but not what would be the main selling point for me. I sold the vented because the legs felt like they were made for a guy that was all torso and no legs (Troll). I can get out of the suit and into it fairly quickly. Again, all of the mesh material in the legs causes boots to get caught when you take it on and off. My previous Tourmaster Pant and Alpine Stars Jacket combo felt better overall and was about $60 cheaper. It didn't have anything close to the venting of the Lombard, but the zippers didn't break, material didn't get caught in the zipper, and the knee armor stayed in place.

Recommended improvements:
1. Better zippers, as everyone stated the main is fine but the rest are cheap and break easily. Mine became completely detached.
2. Re-work the material in the vents so it doesn't get caught so easily. I think the gaps created by the vents are too large, which causes too much material to be flapping around near the zipper.
3. Fix the knee armor issue, maybe I am retarded but I can't ever get the knee armor to stay in place. Even making sure the Velcro is secure.
4. I would like the suit to say "translate to queer" since it is named after the crookedest and gayest street in San Francisco.

Overall I would rate the suit a 3 out of 5.
troyslegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #1732
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

thanks for the detailed feedback and we will definitely keep it in mind with our upcoming refresh of the suit.

folks i get back to usa middle of this week and things should start happening pretty fast then.
stay tuned.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #1733
Navamo1
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navamo1
Just like to say the suit has been great to have, but at 90 Degrees F or higher it get's a little hot. But now, I just found a tear in the front right in the crotch area. The outer fabric has torn and now I have reqested for warrentee work, we'll see how this is handled. I do hope they will recall the suit and make the repair for me. My driving is just daily driving to work and back, mostly highway. I really don't know what stress I could have placed on the front, there always seem to be a lot of room up front, so it troublesome? Any of you have the same issue? How was the repair made: did they make the repair or did they ask you to get it done? Plus, eight months is not long? I'll keep you updated as to what happens???!
Update, I sent the suit back to for full refund, I was given the choice to have it repaired or refund. I really like the suit, but it's troubling that it tore after seven months of normal use. I really don't want to deal with more tears down the road, but teizms needs to re-enforce the crotch area. Have anybody else had to deal with any tears?
Navamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:30 AM   #1734
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navamo1
Update, I sent the suit back to for full refund, I was given the choice to have it repaired or refund. I really like the suit, but it's troubling that it tore after seven months of normal use. I really don't want to deal with more tears down the road, but teizms needs to re-enforce the crotch area. Have anybody else had to deal with any tears?
I wish I had been given that choice! I was told to have it repaired and send him the bill. the seamstress don't want to touch it again. it's just laying in the floor in the back bedroom from my last trip. I wore the suit appx 20 times and now it's useless to me :(
Old 08-05-2010, 08:58 AM   #1735
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Saratoga jacket review

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/teiz-...ratoga-jacket/
Old 08-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #1736
Navamo1
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer
I wish I had been given that choice! I was told to have it repaired and send him the bill. the seamstress don't want to touch it again. it's just laying in the floor in the back bedroom from my last trip. I wore the suit appx 20 times and now it's useless to me :(
Its all be words, but he did say "refund", but that may be 10 cents on the dollar, but we'll see. My problem was the time I used it, seven months... that's not a long time for something that is suppose to protect you as your ass is sliding to a stop on some roadway. I'll keep you informed as the final outcome.
Navamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #1737
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Another review:

http://www.onewheeldrive.net/2010/07...bargain-price/
Old 08-10-2010, 01:52 PM   #1738
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Teiz Motorsports is sold out of the original Camino, Tioga & Saratoga jackets. However, you can still purchase new and updated versions of these jacket from leatherup.com:

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...et/115174.html

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...et/115045.html

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...et/115182.html

These jacket are made for Vulcan by Teiz Motorsports and update the original jacket designs with more stretch panels, better materials and an ever higher quality of stitching. “

teizms screwed with this post 08-10-2010 at 01:59 PM
Old 08-11-2010, 05:48 PM   #1739
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

August Newsletter - Lombard & Mojave closeout sale!

Hello folks,

I hope everyone is having a great riding season. We have a lot of updates so lets get right to them:

Phone support is back up and now we have more people answering the phone. So please give us a call if you have questions regarding our products

Two awesome reviews of our products have just come out:

Ventura review by OneWheelDrive.net
http://www.onewheeldrive.net/2010/07...bargain-price/

Saratoga review by WebBikeWorld
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/teiz-...ratoga-jacket/

The original versions of the leather jackets are mostly sold out on our website. However, newer and updated versions of the jackets are available under the Vulcan brand from leatherup.com. These jackets feature a more comfortable fit due to the additional stretch panels and upgraded materials (including zippers). Leatherup has all sizes in stock and is offering a great deal on them.

VTZ-920 - The new version of the Tioga
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...et/115174.html

VTZ-910- Production version of the new prototype jacket seen at the Dealer Expo
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...et/115182.html

VTZ- 900 New version of the Camino
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...et/115045.html

We intend to be at more IMS shows this year. Chicago, San Mateo & Long Beach are confirmed. Expect more shows to be added to the tour.

Lombard & Mojve Closeout Sale!

The sale that you have been waiting for! We are putting the Lombard on closeout sale so that we can get the new version of the Lombard (V3) in for the shows. For just $159 this is the deal of a lifetime. Please note that the suits on clearance do NOT come with any warranty. We do have most sizes available (including tall sizes). However for each size, quantities are very low. So please act fast before these are sold out!

Click below to go to the Lombard product page
http://www.teizms.com/lombard-p-2.html

If you have purchased a suit prior to this sale, it will carry a full warranty and you will have the option to upgrade to V3 at a significant discount. Suits purchased via the above clearance sale are not eligible for the discounted upgrade option.

V3 suits will be a revised version of the Lombard with upgraded vent zippers. Pricing details for V3 have not been finalized but expect it to be similarly priced to the current Lombard and still be the value king in this market segment.

The Mojave is also on a closeout sale for just $149. Again, this is truly an amazing deal. Very few pieces left so please act fast.

Click below to go the Mojave product page
http://www.teizms.com/mojave-p-3.html
Old 08-11-2010, 09:51 PM   #1740
Gray Dragon
Geezer rider

Oddometer: 319
I like the Mojave so much, I just placed an order for the Lombard.

Hard to beat the price.

Thanks

Ghazi

Never buy a fur coat from a man being chased by a naked bear.
Gray Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote