Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #181
idea man
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
So are the ones on Ebay the version 1.0 or the newer version?
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:50 PM   #182
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea man
ebay stuff is pre-production (essentially same as Version 1.0)

The only difference at this point is that the thermal liner is 75g instead of 100g.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:00 AM   #183
Norsman
...a GSophile

Oddometer: 2,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea man
Link? (search doesn't bring it up)
Norsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:45 AM   #184
mxboard
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Where is the display in Virginia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
Hi,
The point is well taken and reasonable.

Here is how we are looking at things.

The 10% is to cover a lot of bases. First, when we charge you for a suit, we incur a fee. When we refund the charges, we incur another fee. Those two added up with other misc costs of selling the product and returning it costs us approx 10%. So all were are doing is charging what it costs us to take a return item.

Similar suits cost significantly more. We have to make sure our quality is equal to theirs and yet sell it for a much cheaper price. A company can afford to digest various costs when its marking up products that signficantly. For example, if i charge you $700+ for a suit, i dont mind first sending you a trial size and then paying for you to return that and ship out the size you would like based on the trial. Our goal is to provide you a great product at an amazing price. We can increase the price 10% and then say, no restocking fee, is that a better alternative?

You point is valid, but the flip side of the coin is this. Look at the stuff we include for free (for those who decide to keep the suit): Kneesliders, thermal liner, back armor, shin armor etc.

Now regarding buying the suit without taking a look first. We are trying to put our product in stores. This takes times. We currenty have displays in two stores (one in VA, one in CA).

I hope this addresses your concerns. I do undertand your point, I hope you understand mine too :)

Thanks,
Ghazi
I'd like to check out a suit.

Thanks
mxboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:52 AM   #185
idea man
Plate Spinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsman
Link? (search doesn't bring it up)
Back on post 168 there was a link that worked for me.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Teiz-Motorsports
Who knows, they may be gone. There was a XXXL red one last night. Me, I'm holding out for the 4XL, being the fat tub of goo that I am.
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
Old 03-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #186
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,751
I'm with you brother...

Fellow fat tub of goo here....
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #187
xcgates
Whaaa?

Oddometer: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortwestRider
I'm with you brother...

Fellow fat tub of goo here....

Making life difficult for us skinny bastards. We go through life risking being snapped in half in a strong breeze, then can't find clothes to fit.

Home is where the skid lid sits.
xcgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #188
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,751
I have NEVER had that problem...hahaha
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #189
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
Hello folks,
Proving yet again that Teiz Motorsports is a customer oriented company, we have three big announcements:
1) Availability of Hi-Viz colors
2) Availability of Tall sizes
3) Design Competition

Hi-Viz Colors
You can now order the Vented suit in two additional colors:
Hi-Viz Yellow
Hi-Viz Orange
If ordered before March 31st, your Hi-Viz suit will be ready to be shipped by May 31st. Order a Hi-Viz suit and burn some retinas.

Tall Sizes
Rejoice tall riders (with those 33”+ seat heights). THREE tall sizes have been added to our portfolio. We now offer L-Tall, XL-Tall and 2XL-Tall. You can now order these from our website.

Design Competition

We are bringing out a new version of the suit in leather for those who prefer killing cows. We want to incorporate your input from the beginning. If you think you have a good design, send it over to us and you might win big! If you just want to share ideas, express them on our forums:

http://teizms.com/forums/index.php?board=6.0
You can find details at the link below. Essentially, submit a design and if you win, you will win a suit once it comes out.
www.teizms.com/competition

Other brief updates
SF Moto in San Francisco now have a L,XL and 2XL in stock so you can visit the store and see the suits in person.
The about us page has been updated
www.teizms.com/about-us

That’s the update for now folks. I hope I made several people happy with the availability of Hi-Viz colors and tall sizes. I know that riders hoping for short sizes are disappointed, but trust me, we are working on that as well. We will try to introduce short sizes in the next few months. Stay tuned.

Thanks
Ghazi Farooq
ghazi@teizms.com
(309) 740-1674
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:57 AM   #190
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,617
Ghazi, I got your email this morning about all that. That's is really cool news. Tall sizes, that's fantastic, and the competition is right up my alley.

Folks, TEIZ seems to be the company we've all been waiting for.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:22 AM   #191
xcgates
Whaaa?

Oddometer: 1,782
Damn, L-Tall is a perfect fit, if a bit large in the chest. I may get one for commuting this summer. If I can't find that gun I want, I'll even have the money.

Home is where the skid lid sits.
xcgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:48 AM   #192
Stupenal
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I am extremely interested in this suit as I currently commute every day (50 miles round trip) in Los Angeles traffic.

Couple of questions to either those who have this suit, or to TeizMS directly:

How does this suit compare to the Fieldsheer Highland? The Highland has around the same price point ($300 msrp...can be found for $200 online) and has a similar on off (I looked at the video). The Highland also includes a liner, full CE armor in back/shoulders/elbows/hips,knees, and also has an array of pockets (albeit no map pocket). The reason I ask is because I've been using the Highland for the past year and a half...and...I'm ready for a change. However, similar to others, I'm a bit weary of purchasing something that I'd hope to use everyday for the next few years from a company that just started.

Several things I've noticed based on the website/video/responses:

1. The full length zipper on the teiz suit does not appear to be "fluid" in that it looks like it was getting caught up and snagged as they were zipping it up. My fieldsheer highland I can take on and off easily in under a minute, usually it's down to around 30-40 seconds. Important to me because I get to do the song and dance at least twice a day.

2. The "cut" of the suit. I know that you can adjust the waist via the straps in the torso area, but that is also a "feature" of my Highland suit. I'd like to consider myself an athletic guy, but the Highland suit makes me look like a fat slob. There's no V sort of shape to the upper body, and balloons outwards at the hips, and as much as I know it doesn't matter, I'd rather have a suit that looks good in addition to the protection capabilities. How is the cut on the teizMS suit? Does it somewhat slim down around the waist area?

3. Waterproofness - yes I know you've discussed this extensively in this thread, but I wanted to add my experience with my Highland suit. It too also has a velcro covering of the main full zipper, but it pretty much does NOTHING to keeping water out. In Los Angeles, it rarely rains, and when it does, I'm sure it is nothing compared to other parts of the US (Especially the pac northwest). However, in the two "downpours" I've ridden in, the entire length of the zipper got me soaking wet. Soaking wet within about 15 minutes of riding in the rain. I know you don't want to claim anything as each situation will differ, but in your opinion, would the teizMS suit be able to handle these minor rain conditions?

4. Bottom leg closures - I couldn't really see from either the video or pictures, but how does the leg close at the bottom? How far does the zipper run down to the bottom? Again, the fieldsheer highland fails in this regard as there is a full 6-8 inches at the bottom of both legs where the zippers end. There are 2 pieces of velcro straps that "enclose" the bottom portion, I assume to give the rider flexibility for the boots they have. However, I've always been a little concerned as these flaps come easily undone, and in my mind, could potentially cause the leg to slide up in the event of a crash. Also, in terms of keeping water out...2 straps at the bottom to hold together 8 inches of material....really doesn't work.

Whew. I constructed these questions in hopes that other readers will gain 2 things: The first, a better understanding of the suit you are offering, and second, a better understanding of the current suit I own (Fieldsheer Highland) and the drawbacks I've noticed in my 1.5 years of daily commuting.

THanks!
Stupenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #193
ctbandit
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
For Christ's sake, do some reading - 195 posts and a company website available, you should be able to answer ALL of these questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupenal
I am extremely interested in this suit as I currently commute every day (50 miles round trip) in Los Angeles traffic.

Couple of questions to either those who have this suit, or to TeizMS directly:

How does this suit compare to the Fieldsheer Highland? The Highland has around the same price point ($300 msrp...can be found for $200 online) and has a similar on off (I looked at the video). The Highland also includes a liner, full CE armor in back/shoulders/elbows/hips,knees, and also has an array of pockets (albeit no map pocket). The reason I ask is because I've been using the Highland for the past year and a half...and...I'm ready for a change. However, similar to others, I'm a bit weary of purchasing something that I'd hope to use everyday for the next few years from a company that just started.

Several things I've noticed based on the website/video/responses:

1. The full length zipper on the teiz suit does not appear to be "fluid" in that it looks like it was getting caught up and snagged as they were zipping it up. My fieldsheer highland I can take on and off easily in under a minute, usually it's down to around 30-40 seconds. Important to me because I get to do the song and dance at least twice a day.

2. The "cut" of the suit. I know that you can adjust the waist via the straps in the torso area, but that is also a "feature" of my Highland suit. I'd like to consider myself an athletic guy, but the Highland suit makes me look like a fat slob. There's no V sort of shape to the upper body, and balloons outwards at the hips, and as much as I know it doesn't matter, I'd rather have a suit that looks good in addition to the protection capabilities. How is the cut on the teizMS suit? Does it somewhat slim down around the waist area?

3. Waterproofness - yes I know you've discussed this extensively in this thread, but I wanted to add my experience with my Highland suit. It too also has a velcro covering of the main full zipper, but it pretty much does NOTHING to keeping water out. In Los Angeles, it rarely rains, and when it does, I'm sure it is nothing compared to other parts of the US (Especially the pac northwest). However, in the two "downpours" I've ridden in, the entire length of the zipper got me soaking wet. Soaking wet within about 15 minutes of riding in the rain. I know you don't want to claim anything as each situation will differ, but in your opinion, would the teizMS suit be able to handle these minor rain conditions?

4. Bottom leg closures - I couldn't really see from either the video or pictures, but how does the leg close at the bottom? How far does the zipper run down to the bottom? Again, the fieldsheer highland fails in this regard as there is a full 6-8 inches at the bottom of both legs where the zippers end. There are 2 pieces of velcro straps that "enclose" the bottom portion, I assume to give the rider flexibility for the boots they have. However, I've always been a little concerned as these flaps come easily undone, and in my mind, could potentially cause the leg to slide up in the event of a crash. Also, in terms of keeping water out...2 straps at the bottom to hold together 8 inches of material....really doesn't work.

Whew. I constructed these questions in hopes that other readers will gain 2 things: The first, a better understanding of the suit you are offering, and second, a better understanding of the current suit I own (Fieldsheer Highland) and the drawbacks I've noticed in my 1.5 years of daily commuting.

THanks!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:33 PM   #194
Bugnut
Dude

Oddometer: 104
Ghazi,

I'm up for the tall.... THANKS! Now, shipping time frame. They will ship out 31 May, or is that a guesstimate? And from what location? Just wondering if I order, I have a large trip planned to start 8 June, would a week shipping from xx location would be enough. Would love to be in that suit during my ride on the Dragon. And of course the next several years.

Also, does the mesh suit come with the heavy liner for those few chilly days in Florida?

Thanks,
Mike

Bugnut screwed with this post 03-19-2009 at 12:56 PM
Bugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #195
idea man
Plate Spinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbandit
For Christ's sake, do some reading - 195 posts and a company website available, you should be able to answer ALL of these questions.
Now, now, it was his first post. That was a lot of typing.
That Highland suit I've looked at too and it does look kinda square cut, making it puffy around the middle...perhaps needlessly so in some cases. Doesn't look like this one is as square. Plus there's the "padded seat" feature. Something to give my butt more fullness. Sweet.....

This looks like the best resonably price onesy out there. We shall see.
I'd like to see one of the 4XL is the neon yellow. Burned retina's indeed.