Oddometer: 12
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
Hi-Viz Colors
You can now order the Vented suit in two additional colors:
Hi-Viz Yellow
Hi-Viz Orange
If ordered before March 31st, your Hi-Viz suit will be ready to be shipped by May 31st. Order a Hi-Viz suit and burn some retinas.
No pics? I broke my sunglasses out before checking the website...and all for nothing

Glad to see the responsiveness. I was also wondering how firm the release date was, and if there is any chance it would be bumped up as I also have a trip planned for around that time and with shipment times, might be cutting it close.

Also, just curious after reading the review a few pages back, just how much room is there to adjust the knee pads? Fixed position, several inches either way, etc.

Sarc

sarc screwed with this post 03-19-2009 at 10:13 PM
sarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #197
omnivore
SuperSportTourer

Oddometer: 1,014
I am excited now that HiViz is available. Any pics of a whole suit in HiViz yellow?
1996 YZF 600-Lost Era racebike
1999 R6-Rookie Challenge racebike
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:25 PM   #198
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupenal
1. The full length zipper on the teiz suit does not appear to be "fluid" in that it looks like it was getting caught up and snagged as they were zipping it up. My fieldsheer highland I can take on and off easily in under a minute, usually it's down to around 30-40 seconds. Important to me because I get to do the song and dance at least twice a day.
While i was pulling up the zipper in the video, i was also busy with a couple of other things.
Opinion from our testing of this heavy duty zipper and from the feedback that we have received is that the zipper performs really well.

Quote:
2. The "cut" of the suit. I know that you can adjust the waist via the straps in the torso area, but that is also a "feature" of my Highland suit. I'd like to consider myself an athletic guy, but the Highland suit makes me look like a fat slob. There's no V sort of shape to the upper body, and balloons outwards at the hips, and as much as I know it doesn't matter, I'd rather have a suit that looks good in addition to the protection capabilities. How is the cut on the teizMS suit? Does it somewhat slim down around the waist area?
Though opinions about this are subjective, i have sold the suit to women also ( who are obviously more conscious of the cut). We have tried to create a cut which is snug and comfortable at the same time. This is not intended to be a baggy suit thats acts like a parachute and makes you look like a blown up astronaut

Quote:
3. Waterproofness - yes I know you've discussed this extensively in this thread, but I wanted to add my experience with my Highland suit. It too also has a velcro covering of the main full zipper, but it pretty much does NOTHING to keeping water out. In Los Angeles, it rarely rains, and when it does, I'm sure it is nothing compared to other parts of the US (Especially the pac northwest). However, in the two "downpours" I've ridden in, the entire length of the zipper got me soaking wet. Soaking wet within about 15 minutes of riding in the rain. I know you don't want to claim anything as each situation will differ, but in your opinion, would the teizMS suit be able to handle these minor rain conditions?
From what i have seen with any product, you mileage with these sort of things varies and you cant really gaurantee that will it start leaking in one minutes or one hour.
This is why I refrain from commenting on the waterproofing of the suit. I would recommend reading our take on this over here:
www.teizms.com/waterproof
and here:
http://teizms.com/forums/index.php?topic=11.0
and finally here:
http://www.teizms.com/customer-service#answer2

Quote:
4. Bottom leg closures - I couldn't really see from either the video or pictures, but how does the leg close at the bottom? How far does the zipper run down to the bottom? Again, the fieldsheer highland fails in this regard as there is a full 6-8 inches at the bottom of both legs where the zippers end. There are 2 pieces of velcro straps that "enclose" the bottom portion, I assume to give the rider flexibility for the boots they have. However, I've always been a little concerned as these flaps come easily undone, and in my mind, could potentially cause the leg to slide up in the event of a crash. Also, in terms of keeping water out...2 straps at the bottom to hold together 8 inches of material....really doesn't work.
the zipper go to the very end. they end where the legs of the suit end. so no worries there

Considering LA weather, here is one point that i know for sure our suit blows the highland, or any other suit away:
AIRFLOW.
Our venting system keep you much cooler (for a non-mesh suit) that the highland or the Stich. No comparsion.
Again read our waterproof page to understand why this is so ( is has to do with our breathable liner ). I personally dont like to pound on other products too much so you can view our comparison page here:
http://teizms.com/comparisons-charts
Thanks for taking the time to ask all these questions. i really apperciate it.

xcgates --> thats not an excuse

bugnut --> yes they will start shipping on may 31st for sure (maybe sooner but no gurantees here folks). For most addresses (non PO Box) i use FedEx Ground or FedEX Home Delivery which has delivered all packages till now in approx 3-5 business days so i think you are good. I can only use USPS for PO Boxes which takes 5-7 days in my experience. We will be offering international delivery soon as well.

sarc --> knee pads are not adjustable

omnivore & sarc --> sorry no full pix of the hi viz stuff. i did post the swatches though. The yellow looks very similar to other hi viz yellow products out there. so order worry free folks .. you will like what you see.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #199
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxboard
I'd like to check out a suit.

Thanks
No displays in Virginia yet.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #200
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,715
what size do you recommend

Teizm, according to your size chart my measurements fall in into a couple different sizes. What size do you recommend for the following:
41 chest
38 waist
34 inseam
33 torso
6 ft tall

Thx
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #201
deepcdiver
Nobody Special

Oddometer: 778
checked out the sample at SF Moto...

I saw the mesh and vented one piece samples yesterday at SF Moto. I did not examine the Mesh as I am not a fan of polyester mesh after having it melt once on a low speed fall almost to my skin (Heine Gericke Air Timbuktu) and becoming a convert to Kevlar mesh ever since. But the mesh one piece did look like it would flow a lot of air, and the areas most likely to hit the street were high count denier Cordura type fabric.

First off, I am hypercritical, especially about protective gear. So take this with a large grain of salt...my first impression was it had a somewhat cheap look about it. And no, not "my god these are cheap" but after examining them closely for a minute with a hypercritical eye and to the same degree as I would an Aerostich priced garment. One example was the rear pocket in back, the velcro flap looked offset on one side, like a horrible mistake....then I realised it was likely a hydration bladder pocket with a 3/4" offset or gap at one end of the flap for the hose...at least I hope that is what it was. A round hole, perhaps with a rubber fabric grommet or something, would have looked so much better...I think too the "Translate to Fast" looked like a design-to-production misunderstanding. Somehow the suit did not look quite as high a fit and finish as the Fieldsheer one piece suit on the wall nearby for $100 more. But I am not a fan of Fieldsheer although maybe they are better now (I used to hear stories of Fieldsheer stuff ripping apart at the seams when crashed). The suit DID look more form fitting and less baggy than the Fieldsheer design for sure...more attractive cut if you will. Also this was an early sample sent out to shops so this may not have been a production suit either...

I think if the hydration bladder pocket was cleaned up a bit (narrower to fit the hydration bladder shape, and the flap/hose outlet a little more sophisticated) and less sewn thread graphics (easily removed oneself as is) it would be impressive looking. And it is not bad now, do not get me wrong.

But I liked several things about these suits.

1) generous with reflective bits..I like! not like the very slim 1/4" bits one gets on a lot of gear.

2) waterproof zips on vents and I think some pockets....and good venting.

3) lots of little thoughtful "firsts", like the circular expansion zippers akin to those on tank bags, but on the wrist cuffs allowing the sleeve to extend. And the left wrist cuff had three small (1.5"x2") velcro pockets for toll change
and "upside down" so the coins would slide into your hand.

So, picky bastard that I am, I would buy one of these at the price if I could get a proper fit and Hi-Viz... and sell it on if I decided it wasn't for me. Unfortunately I am usually an XL-Short but we'll see, they will have an XL in soon I can try on.

From talking to the manager it seems the company is very responsive and eager for feedback, all good signs, and it is obvious the design has received a lot of thought. Certainly the price is right! And if it holds up well in a spill it will be a true bargain, but until someone fills one with 175 lb of sandbags and throws it out the back of a truck at 60+ MPH who knows about the stitching holding togeher. As far as I know, no manufacturer does this with their gear, Fieldsheer certainly did not used to from accounts I've heard and they are they only ones anywhere near this price point. (Note, I have a well made leather Fieldsheer leather pants I like very much, but returned to only fabric Fieldsheer gear I bought on eBay...like I said I am very critical of protective gear).

And again, don't be put off by this quick first hypercritical look. Like most here on ADV I can be obsessive about my gear. I also hate Harleys and lots of other popular stuff! Besides I may be wearing one of these soon :) And, most importantly, I think anyone who has ordered one of these will be happy with their suit at this price.

deepcdiver screwed with this post 03-20-2009 at 09:59 AM
deepcdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #202
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcdiver
But the mesh one piece did look like it would flow a lot of air, and the areas most likely to hit the street were high count denier Cordura type fabric.
Yes, compared to any other mesh apparel, this flows the most air. Additionally it has 1680 denier fabric on all impact areas.

Quote:
the velcro flap looked offset on one side, like a horrible mistake....then I realised it was likely a hydration bladder pocket with a 3/4" offset or gap at one end of the flap for the hose...at least I hope that is what it was. A round hole, perhaps with a rubber fabric grommet or something, would have looked so much better...
Yes that is the slot for the drinking tube to come.

Quote:
I think if the hydration bladder pocket was cleaned up a bit (narrower to fit the hydration bladder shape, and the flap/hose outlet a little more sophisticated) and less sewn thread graphics (easily removed oneself as is) it would be impressive looking. And it is not bad now, do not get me wrong.
will definitely note your suggestions

Quote:
2) waterproof zips on vents and I think some pockets....and good venting.
like i said earlier, this is where we excel. for a non-mesh suit, this is one with the most airflow

thanks for your feedback. will definitely take all of it into account.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:59 AM   #203
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog
Teizm, according to your size chart my measurements fall in into a couple different sizes. What size do you recommend for the following:
41 chest
38 waist
34 inseam
33 torso
6 ft tall

Thx
XL-Tall to be on the safe side
Old 03-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #204
omnivore
SuperSportTourer

Oddometer: 1,014
Now for a short rider (5'4"), with a 160 lb athletic build, what would you suggest size wise?
40 chest
31 waist
29 inseam

I would want it to be wearble from hot summer to cool autumn, to around freezing temps with electric liners.
1996 YZF 600-Lost Era racebike
1999 R6-Rookie Challenge racebike
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #205
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnivore
Now for a short rider (5'4"), with a 160 lb athletic build, what would you suggest size wise?
40 chest
31 waist
29 inseam

I would want it to be wearble from hot summer to cool autumn, to around freezing temps with electric liners.
On the production suits that start shippin on May 31st, the inseam is two inches longer than what you see in the chart to accomodate for the riding position.

So, we recommend a size for some one with an inseam of 30.5 inches. If you are comfortable with that length, i would recommend an M.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #206
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,133
Teizms;

Me;
5'9"
180lbs athletic build
42 chest
34 waist
30 inseam
What size in a vented for me?
Thanks
Old 03-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #207
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droptarotter
Teizms;

Me;
5'9"
180lbs athletic build
42 chest
34 waist
30 inseam
What size in a vented for me?
Thanks
I am thinking "L". Please confirm by using the size chart
Old 03-24-2009, 04:49 PM   #208
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Last week for ordering a suit

Hello folks,

We will be closing pre-orders soon (on the 31st of March), so make sure you order ASAP. You suits will start shipping on May 31st.

Thanks and looking forward to your orders
Old 03-24-2009, 05:35 PM   #209
Stupenal
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbandit
For Christ's sake, do some reading - 195 posts and a company website available, you should be able to answer ALL of these questions.
Thanks bud for the welcome. Appreciated it. I read all 195 posts, and I still had questions. Thanks for policing the internet, you've made it a safer place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
While i was pulling up the zipper in the video, i was also busy with a couple of other things.
Opinion from our testing of this heavy duty zipper and from the feedback that we have received is that the zipper performs really well.

Though opinions about this are subjective, i have sold the suit to women also ( who are obviously more conscious of the cut). We have tried to create a cut which is snug and comfortable at the same time. This is not intended to be a baggy suit thats acts like a parachute and makes you look like a blown up astronaut

the zipper go to the very end. they end where the legs of the suit end. so no worries there

Considering LA weather, here is one point that i know for sure our suit blows the highland, or any other suit away:
AIRFLOW.
Our venting system keep you much cooler (for a non-mesh suit) that the highland or the Stich. No comparsion.
Again read our waterproof page to understand why this is so ( is has to do with our breathable liner ). I personally dont like to pound on other products too much so you can view our comparison page here:
http://teizms.com/comparisons-charts
Thanks for taking the time to ask all these questions. i really apperciate it.

sarc --> knee pads are not adjustable
Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions. I'm eagerly awaiting some more reviews (and a bit on the morbid side, crash reviews knock on wood) from others. The knee pads being not adjustable is a bit of a killer as I believe that is one option most protective gear provide.
Stupenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #210
Reverse
Armchair Tough

Oddometer: 1,253
re: the Fieldsheer Highland: it is no longer for sale, I believe it's been superceded by the Cyclone, which looks like it has waterproof zippers.

I have the Highland II, and it certainly is not waterproof on the main zipper. It's a nice suit, but only fit for cooler/cold weather riding, not summer riding.

Great to hear that the Teiz suit will be avialble in Tall!