Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #2446
DaC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
OK, so the Power Shell is a much nicer version of the Lombard and has vents for better cooling.

The Mojave is your warm weather suit because it's perforated, yet with the liner(s) you can use in cooler climates and rain.

The Power Shell doesn't look like it will vent anywhere near what the Mojave can do with those four flip pockets. Is that correct?

I think a chart on your site which explains WHERE each suit fits would do you some favors :)

-Dan
DaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #2447
djrussell
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Dan, I'm not sure if that was an answer or if you're also wondering. But yes, I'd like to know if the Lombard and Power Shell are functionally the same besides the upgraded materials.

I don't trust mesh in a crash and want the option of closing vents on those days where even mesh will cook you. So it's down to the Lombard vs. Power Shell for me.
djrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #2448
DaC
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrussell View Post
Dan, I'm not sure if that was an answer or if you're also wondering. But yes, I'd like to know if the Lombard and Power Shell are functionally the same besides the upgraded materials.

I don't trust mesh in a crash and want the option of closing vents on those days where even mesh will cook you. So it's down to the Lombard vs. Power Shell for me.
For sure, more of a question. Looking for a definitive answer from Ghazi :)

-Dan
Old 06-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #2449
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
The old Ventura 2 piece in action. The new 2 pieces will be even better with upgraded top notch materials!

teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:37 PM   #2450
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaC View Post

I think a chart on your site which explains WHERE each suit fits would do you some favors :)

-Dan
Working on the chart as we speak but here is the gist of it:

Commute Suit:
Summary - Ideal for short rides and commuting to work. Easy to slip over your clothes making riding to work a pleasure! A proven protective shell with a removable waterproof liner for those who don’t need all the features of our more advanced suits. The most affordable suit in our lineup.
Armor - CE Rated soft foam pads
Back Protector - CE Rated foam protector
Airflow - Lack of vents means limited airflow
Protection - Same materials as the Lombard means this is a proven shell. Softer armor means more packability and less crumpling of your work clothes inside

Mojave:
Summary - Some folks just feel really hot all the time and want extreme airflow. This suit offers the airflow they need but also adds 2 removable membranes so its still usable when the weather changes
Armor - CE Rated hard plastic protectors
Airflow - Almost entirely made out mesh, hence the airflow is superb. You can restrict airflow with use of liners/layers.
Protection - Mesh material is less tear and abrasion resistant than the solid fabrics. We offer the Diego leather-mesh suit for who want uncompromised abrasion resistance from a perforated garment

Lombard:
Summary - Add pockets, vents and a bundle of other features to the Commute Suit and you will end up with the Lombard series. These suits have been proven all over the word in all sorts of situations. Commute to work or a trip around the world, this suit is reliable, protective and versatile - yet very reasonably priced
Armor - CE Rated hard plastic protectors
Airflow - Exceptional airflow for a non-mesh with vents strategically scrattered all over the suit.
Protection - It works! Read the feedback

Power Shell:
Summary -Our latest and greatest, takes the Lombard series as inspiration but replaces every component with top of the line materials. If you want the most protection and versatility, Power Shell is it. Compared to any other suit with similar features or materials (if any exists) the Power Shell offers exceptional value! The suit is sold as a base shell so you can add layers as per your own liking and preferences
Armor - CE Rated Sas-Tec visco elastic protectors
Back Protector - CE Level 2 Sas-Tec visco elastic back protector
Airflow - Improves on the Lombard airflow by using flip up panels on the chest and knees
Protection - Not only does this offer the far superior protection, it also a lot more comfortable due to the visco elastic armor that conforms to your body

Hope this will help a little bit in clarifying the positioning of each product.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:58 PM   #2451
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

.....]Hey Ghazi,

I have some questions if you don't mind.

1. How does the venting of the Power Shell compare to the venting of the Lombard V3/4? Pretty similar as the vents are similar?

pretty similar but the chest and knee vents work better

2. Will the large Teiz logo be included on the final version of the Power Shell. It's kind of flashy for my tastes. Doesn't really fit the suit/brand.

the branding will probably stay.. overall, there is very minimal branding on the suit.

3. Are there color options for the Power Shell besides what's shown?

Apart from the shown color scheme, you can get the suit made in a single color. Choose from blue, black, red and gray

4. What's the wait time for a standard-sized Power Shell or Lombard v4? Are they going to be in stock soon or is it the usual 6-8 weeks but maybe faster?

Note sure about the stock but we can make either suit in 4 weeks. Just give us a call at 888-808-8349 and we can take an order for either one.

I was pretty well set on a Lombard but then you threw this Power Shell curve ball. I like the extra features for the price.
It really is an awesome suit
Thanks!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #2452
djrussell
Adventurer

thanks for the response, ghazi. i sent you a PM for sizing.

what is the branding on the back made of? a patch or is it printed on the fabric? if a patch i could just remove it. call me vain but it's practically a deal breaker. a smaller logo at neck or on a shoulder blade would be fine or some text like on the front. even the same size but placed above the horizontal zipper would be okay. that big stamp right in the middle is too much for me though. good thing it's not lower or it'd look like a 'tramp stamp'.

just sharing my opinion and i know you're about the feedback. to each his own though. the rest of the suit looks awesome.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:40 AM   #2453
DaC
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrussell View Post
thanks for the response, ghazi. i sent you a PM for sizing.

what is the branding on the back made of? a patch or is it printed on the fabric? if a patch i could just remove it. call me vain but it's practically a deal breaker. a smaller logo at neck or on a shoulder blade would be fine or some text like on the front. even the same size but placed above the horizontal zipper would be okay. that big stamp right in the middle is too much for me though. good thing it's not lower or it'd look like a 'tramp stamp'.

just sharing my opinion and i know you're about the feedback. to each his own though. the rest of the suit looks awesome.
Completely agree on the branding.

Don't take it the wrong way, Ghazi. I know you are proud of what you started and brand recognition is important....but personally it's a total deal-breaker for me too.

I like the subtle looks of the Lombard V3 instead.

Thanks for clearing up the differences between each suit in your last post.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #2454
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

ok ok when you place an order you can enter it in the comments that you don't want the back logo and i will delete it for you. its printed, not a patch so i would have to take care of it on my end.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #2455
djrussell
Adventurer

big +1 for all of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaC View Post
Don't take it the wrong way, Ghazi. I know you are proud of what you started and brand recognition is important....but personally it's a total deal-breaker for me too.

I like the subtle looks of the Lombard V3 instead.

Thanks for clearing up the differences between each suit in your last post.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #2456
[!]WildBlue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Any up close shots of the Mojave fabric? Im curious about your mesh.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
[!]WildBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #2457
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [!]WildBlue View Post
Any up close shots of the Mojave fabric? Im curious about your mesh.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #2458
djrussell
Adventurer

Lombard V3 is on the way. Thanks, Ghazi.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #2459
[!]WildBlue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
OOH! Thanks. It was just very hard to see in all the full length shots... you might be hearing from me soon... The real question is, Mojave or Lombard. I ride year round.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
[!]WildBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #2460
baggio95
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
When do you think the 2 pieces will be available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
The old Ventura 2 piece in action. The new 2 pieces will be even better with upgraded top notch materials!

baggio95 is offline   Reply With Quote