User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #2656
TO Scootz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Inquiring Minds

Hey, Ironmtnracing, how about a few thoughts on your new Power Shell. Maybe even a review. (gasp!) I'm thinking of ordering one over the winter, and wouldn't mind hearing a owners perspective of Ghazi's latest offering.
TO Scootz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #2657
ThunderPig
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
Yes the Power Shell can be worn with off-road boots (MX). There are straps on the back to tighten the legs against the boot as well
Thanks for the reply, that looks perfect. This suit really looks nice, I just have to wait for my current gear to wear out...maybe a drag around the neighborhood from the back of my truck.
ThunderPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #2658
ironmtnracing
MotoQuest Seattle

Oddometer: 689
My thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Scootz View Post
Hey, Ironmtnracing, how about a few thoughts on your new Power Shell. Maybe even a review. (gasp!) I'm thinking of ordering one over the winter, and wouldn't mind hearing a owners perspective of Ghazi's latest offering.
Happy to comment on how pleased I am with the Teiz gear.

I have a v2 Lombard, 1st Gen 2 piece, the new Navigator 2 piece and the new power shell. So...it's safe to say I've been a long time fan.

First, it's important to say how progressive Ghazi has been in the development/evolution of the brand.

As it relates to the PowerShell in particular, the new suit is another jump forward. The materials used are what most consider to be industry standards for durability and protection.

The zippers all work smoothly and are easily accessed.

Getting in and out of the suit is easy and once on, very comfortable. Even with the thermal liner in the suit is still easy to manage. Last few days have seen morning temps in the mid 30's F and the liner alone has been enough to stem the cold (wearing jeans and a T under the suit).

Collar design is the best yet. I've got a fat neck and I'm able to get the collar closed and it's comfortable once fastened. If you would rather not fasten, a convenient snap is located so that the collar can be held back and out of the way.

I've had a couple trips in light to moderate rain and the suit did a fine job of keeping me dry. Important to note that these were 30 minute rides with speeds not exceeding 50mph.

Pocket placement is good with 2 hip pockets, one chest pocket and pass through zippers allowing access to the pockets in your street pants. (also used for heated gear wiring pass through.

I'm 6'2" 245 and am wearing a 3XL. Fit is good right out of the box.

Ghazi has been awesome to deal with and everything has come as ordered and delivered when promised.

Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this gear and I’ve been very happy with my purchase.

I would also seriously consider the Lombard if you’re looking for something with a lower pricepoint. Also a very nice suit.

One change I’d recommend with the PowerShell is to add a small loop to the backpack pocket so that you can hang a water bladder. Ghazi and I have discussed and wouldn’t be surprised if this makes into future production runs.

My 2¢
ironmtnracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #2659
TO Scootz
Adventurer

Merci beaucoup for the reply Ironmtnracing. It indeed answers all of my questions, especially as regards sizing, since I'm about the same weight as you, but I'm 197 cm (6' 5"+).
Old 10-28-2011, 09:53 PM   #2660
lakelivr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Merci beaucoup for the reply Ironmtnracing. It indeed answers all of my questions, especially as regards sizing, since I'm about the same weight as you, but I'm 197 cm (6' 5"+).
Scootz,

I am almost exactly your size. 6'5" 247#. I wear a one piece Mojave II in 2XL tall and it's a perfect fit.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #2661
TO Scootz
Adventurer

Ewww, brothers from another mother. I just checked my weight and I'm also 112.3 kilo (247 pounds). Hmm, I could have sworn I was closer to 237, gotta cut out those snacks!. Anyway, mucho thanks for the info Lakelivr, I figured that 2XL tall would do, but when you're ordering by mail it's nice to have someone your size confirm your guess.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:04 AM   #2662
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Ewww, brothers from another mother. I just checked my weight and I'm also 112.3 kilo (247 pounds). Hmm, I could have sworn I was closer to 237, gotta cut out those snacks!. Anyway, mucho thanks for the info Lakelivr, I figured that 2XL tall would do, but when you're ordering by mail it's nice to have someone your size confirm your guess.
thats why we have trial sizes available to be sent to you before you finalize your order. you can try them out to confirm sizing or determine customizations.

hi viz 2Xl tall shown with custom torso length
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:05 AM   #2663
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmtnracing View Post
Happy to comment on how pleased I am with the Teiz gear.

I have a v2 Lombard, 1st Gen 2 piece, the new Navigator 2 piece and the new power shell. So...it's safe to say I've been a long time fan.

First, it's important to say how progressive Ghazi has been in the development/evolution of the brand.

As it relates to the PowerShell in particular, the new suit is another jump forward. The materials used are what most consider to be industry standards for durability and protection.

The zippers all work smoothly and are easily accessed.

Getting in and out of the suit is easy and once on, very comfortable. Even with the thermal liner in the suit is still easy to manage. Last few days have seen morning temps in the mid 30's F and the liner alone has been enough to stem the cold (wearing jeans and a T under the suit).

Collar design is the best yet. I've got a fat neck and I'm able to get the collar closed and it's comfortable once fastened. If you would rather not fasten, a convenient snap is located so that the collar can be held back and out of the way.

I've had a couple trips in light to moderate rain and the suit did a fine job of keeping me dry. Important to note that these were 30 minute rides with speeds not exceeding 50mph.

Pocket placement is good with 2 hip pockets, one chest pocket and pass through zippers allowing access to the pockets in your street pants. (also used for heated gear wiring pass through.

I'm 6'2" 245 and am wearing a 3XL. Fit is good right out of the box.

Ghazi has been awesome to deal with and everything has come as ordered and delivered when promised.

Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this gear and I’ve been very happy with my purchase.

I would also seriously consider the Lombard if you’re looking for something with a lower pricepoint. Also a very nice suit.

One change I’d recommend with the PowerShell is to add a small loop to the backpack pocket so that you can hang a water bladder. Ghazi and I have discussed and wouldn’t be surprised if this makes into future production runs.

My 2¢
thanks for the feedback
Old 10-31-2011, 04:51 PM   #2664
El Birdo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
thats why we have trial sizes available to be sent to you before you finalize your order. you can try them out to confirm sizing or determine customizations.

hi viz 2Xl tall shown with custom torso length
But To Scootz is in Canada, I'm not aware that you send trial sizes to Canada.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:13 PM   #2665
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Birdo View Post
But To Scootz is in Canada, I'm not aware that you send trial sizes to Canada.
oo i didnt notice that.. v can send to canada as if the rider is willing to cover the additional postage.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:41 PM   #2666
rritterson
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Ghazi-

I'm hoping to get a go-everywhere suit and stop wasting my money on gear that doesn't fit. Does the navigator fit a compression suit if the armor is out? I've seen gear that looks deflated and baggy once the armor is removed... Also, what about room for a neck brace?

I'm really tall and will probably need to do a custom jacket in order to get one long enough. I like the old school 3/4 length jackets a lot- it looks like the pictures of you in the suit are about the length I'd want on me. Would you say that's the typical length for a custom jacket?

Also, and importantly, I need to find a suit solution for my girl friend. Can you do a Revolution as a 2 piece? What about a women's Navigator? She hasn't decided on 1 v 2 piece, but it'd sure be nice to have the option.
rritterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:32 PM   #2667
The Blue Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
yes the sizing is exactly the same - when someone wants a size confirmation for the power shell we send them older lombard suits - the fit is exactly the same. r u in dfw? we could even arrange a meeting as a i live in plano
I'd like that. I will get my measurements together and contact you.

Would it be possible to get the Power Shell with both primary and secondary trim in Hi-Viz (once fabric is available), and the body in black? I want a good amount of HV color, but on the other hand I don't want to look like an emergency services worker. :) Was wondering what that combination might look like.
The Blue Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #2668
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rritterson View Post
Ghazi-

I'm hoping to get a go-everywhere suit and stop wasting my money on gear that doesn't fit. Does the navigator fit a compression suit if the armor is out? I've seen gear that looks deflated and baggy once the armor is removed... Also, what about room for a neck brace?

I'm really tall and will probably need to do a custom jacket in order to get one long enough. I like the old school 3/4 length jackets a lot- it looks like the pictures of you in the suit are about the length I'd want on me. Would you say that's the typical length for a custom jacket?

Also, and importantly, I need to find a suit solution for my girl friend. Can you do a Revolution as a 2 piece? What about a women's Navigator? She hasn't decided on 1 v 2 piece, but it'd sure be nice to have the option.
in all honesty i have not tried the Navigator with a compression suit or with a neck brace. I know some folks have used the one piece with compression suits without issue. Can some one else chime in on this please?

the jacket we are making is somewhat in between a 5/8th to a 3/4th. But if you go custom then we can make it as long as you need. We can talk about measurements over the phone.

I would highly recommend the Revolution for your girlfriend. we have not looked into Navigator specifically for women but we can discuss that as custom order.

Just give us a call and we can talk in more detail about your requirements and figure out what can be done.
thanks
Old 11-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #2669
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalev View Post
I'd like that. I will get my measurements together and contact you.

Would it be possible to get the Power Shell with both primary and secondary trim in Hi-Viz (once fabric is available), and the body in black? I want a good amount of HV color, but on the other hand I don't want to look like an emergency services worker. :) Was wondering what that combination might look like.
the hi viz will be available very soon.
we are in the process of revamping our color scheme method so wait for final word on that. However, a HV color scheme will be one of the options.

just give us a call when you are ready
Old 11-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #2670
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quick overview video of the Power Shell suit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvpLrYx_xzE

teizms screwed with this post 11-03-2011 at 08:49 PM