Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #2686
gonzo2k
Adliberator

Oddometer: 290
I can't believe you're in Texas and have 4XL sized as a 52 chest & 44 waist.
I'm a 56L in a US jacket size (I think that's 920 XXXXL or something in Europe)
I'm 6'5... 310... I have a beer belly 48" waist, but my chest ain't fat!
When did ALL the clothing manufacturers get together and decide that the tall size should end with a 40-42" waist?
I was 6'5 with a 34" waist /190 when I was 20. I'm pushing 60 now and I'm still 6'5... only rounder.
I was 32/34 in jeans... then 34/34, 36/34, 38/34, 40/34, 42/34 and 44/34... all widely available in most stores.
46/34 was the turning point... hit or miss. But 48/34? impossible. Big/Tall stores, of course.
What was offered off the rack? 48/32 or 48/30. Effing clamdiggers!
Same with motorcycle gear...only more ridiculous.

I have a Fox Creek Leather jacket in a 58L that fits me like a... wait for it... (OK... it fits me like a glove).
Perfect... probably had to take down two cows to make it. GREAT COMPANY (no affiliation).
We large folk understand it takes more material to make larger items... charge for the difference.
I have a Firstgear jacket in 4X that almost fits. 5X would be too big... both are TOO short.
They make tall... but their scale ends up being more suitable for Liechtenstein.
I thought everything was big in Texas...
BMW is even worse... they only make gloves that fit me.

(end of rant)

Save $$$_SMUGMUG REFERRAL LINK: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=b39gXpEl6klcs
gonzo2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #2687
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo2k View Post
... charge for the difference.
)

for just a few quid we can make custom sizes that can fit you like... wait for it... ok like a glove

no matter what size charts we come up , some one is going to have to issues with "off-the-rack" stuff. hence we offer a certain selection of standard sizes and everybody else can get a custom

jesse here (on the left) is several inches taller than you and got a custom suit that works great for him as can be seen in the second photo.

teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #2688
Wayward
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Ghazi,
Is it possible, I know normally it's $100 but I wasn't sure if you could do it on a mojave as well.
Is it possible to upgrade a Mojave with Sas-Tec armor as well?

I haven't seen a mesh one in person, so I don't know how bulky it really is, but for me it almost would be worth it to drop all the bulk.
Mainly because when I am teaching I have to wear my gear, seems like it might be easier to take the suit on and off on the range was Sas rather than CE.
Maybe I am making more of it then I thought.

Also, when you send out trial suits, do we just get a random suit in the size we want to try or in my case will you send out a Mojave 2 for me to size with?

Thanks as always......
101 pounds lost, 16 more to go and then I will be ordering
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #2689
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Ghazi,
Is it possible, I know normally it's $100 but I wasn't sure if you could do it on a mojave as well.

I haven't seen a mesh one in person, so I don't know how bulky it really is, but for me it almost would be worth it to drop all the bulk.
Mainly because when I am teaching I have to wear my gear, seems like it might be easier to take the suit on and off on the range was Sas rather than CE.

Also, when you send out trial suits, do we just get a random suit in the size we want to try or in my case will you send out a Mojave 2 for me to size with?

Thanks as always......

yes you can upgrade the Mojave to Sas-Tec.
actually we highly recommend the Mojave to instructors because its the most "wearable" between the various training sessions - its airy enough to be ok when giving instructions and its protective at the same time so you can just jump on the bike for demos. no more constant on/off between the sessions.
we will send you a mojave for a trial. good luck with the rest of the 16
Old 11-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #2690
Romulux
Next exit

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Ghazi,

Thanks as always......

I love my Mojave; it's my go-to gear for weather above 70F. It's a compromise as far as protection but in the summer the alternative would be to not wear gear.

The legs are the bulkiest part; I'd prefer a trimmer fit.

It is very easy on and off.
Romulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:58 PM   #2691
outsidein
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 431
I have Tiez perforated leather jacket. The quality is remarkably good for the price but the fit seems a little off proportion wise and is not adjustable. I am a normally proportioned 40+yr old guy. I am 6ft even and 180lb although I probably carry an extra 10-15 pounds over what my ideal marathon/running weight was. As an example I used to weight in at 165-170 when running every day. I have a large (which I ordered from suggested chest size) and the sleeves are about 2-3inches too long although the elbow pads seem correctly positioned. This makes it a bit uncomfortable to wear my gauntlet gloves over top of the cuffs as the cuffs end at my finger joints and not my knuckles or ideally my wrists. The chest is just right but the shoulders are a slight bit big (and I lift weights) and the waist, at the hips, is extremely tight. I can't imagine this being proportionally correct for 90% of the adult male population. Hope they fix or have fixed this as their suits look like a good deal. In comparison my Olympia AST jacket is a size M and fits perfectly. I wear a 32inch waist in jeans but notice the Tiez pant waist sizes start at 36???

outsidein screwed with this post 11-17-2011 at 08:15 PM
outsidein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #2692
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsidein View Post
I have Tiez perforated leather jacket. The quality is remarkably good for the price but the fit seems a little off proportion wise and is not adjustable. I am a normally proportioned 40+yr old guy. I am 6ft even and 180lb although I probably carry an extra 10-15 pounds over what my ideal marathon/running weight was. As an example I used to weight in at 165-170 when running every day. I have a large (which I ordered from suggested chest size) and the sleeves are about 2-3inches too long although the elbow pads seem correctly positioned. This makes it a bit uncomfortable to wear my gauntlet gloves over top of the cuffs as the cuffs end at my finger joints and not my knuckles or ideally my wrists. The chest is just right but the shoulders are a slight bit big (and I lift weights) and the waist, at the hips, is extremely tight. I can't imagine this being proportionally correct for 90% of the adult male population. Hope they fix or have fixed this as their suits look like a good deal. In comparison my Olympia AST jacket is a size M and fits perfectly. I wear a 32inch waist in jeans but notice the Tiez pant waist sizes start at 36???
the sizing on our new jackets (Navigator) is different. the pants start at 36 because thats the actual waist measurements rather than being a "jeans" size. we will have detailed sizing information up on the site very soon.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #2693
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

aaah must listen to this podcast:
http://wheelnerds.com/2011/11/18/ep-28-chuck-has-to-go/

i talk about everything from texas to teiz to waterproofing.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #2694
Wayward
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulux View Post
I love my Mojave; it's my go-to gear for weather above 70F. It's a compromise as far as protection but in the summer the alternative would be to not wear gear.

The legs are the bulkiest part; I'd prefer a trimmer fit.

It is very easy on and off.

Thanks for the insight, I too tend to wear mesh gear anyways, so I have no problem with the compromise.

Ghazi, thanks for the answers to my 2 questions, I appreciate the response.
I will ask Romulux since you own one, and if you see this.

How bulky is all the armor in your suit, I don't mind the bulk typically but it seems like the Sas-tec would cut down on a low of that, and for $100 that's not bad.
Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks,

Wayward
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #2695
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by outsidein View Post
I have Tiez perforated leather jacket. The quality is remarkably good for the price but the fit seems a little off proportion wise and is not adjustable.
I have the medium, it fits me perfectly and I'm not an odd size. (5'10", 160lbs). Its listed as a sport-cut and fits like other sport-cut jacket or "athletic" fit office attire. The sleeve cuffs are too fat and a bit cumbersome with guantlet gloves, but the sleeves themselves aren't too long on me.

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #2696
bete
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
I have the Tiez leather jacket (perforated) it fits perfect for me but I have long arms. bete.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #2697
FirstLight
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
aaah must listen to this podcast:
http://wheelnerds.com/2011/11/18/ep-28-chuck-has-to-go/

i talk about everything from texas to teiz to waterproofing.
Learned some good info from Ghazi's appearance on WheelNerds...and it was pretty funny show too.
FirstLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #2698
Romulux
Next exit

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Thanks for the insight, I too tend to wear mesh gear anyways, so I have no problem with the compromise.

Ghazi, thanks for the answers to my 2 questions, I appreciate the response.
I will ask Romulux since you own one, and if you see this.

How bulky is all the armor in your suit, I don't mind the bulk typically but it seems like the Sas-tec would cut down on a low of that, and for $100 that's not bad.
Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks,

Wayward

Wayward, I'm not sure if I've ever noticed the armor as being in the way or overly bulky. I like the elbow/forearm armor because it has fairly good coverage. The knee armor (on my version 1 Mojave), on the other hand, is too small and doesn't conform well to my knees.

I do think the Sas-tec would be a good upgrade but I'm not sure bulkiness of the standard armor would be a contributing factor in deciding to upgrade, for me.

Far more noticeable to me has been some bulkiness in specific areas of the suit like lower legs and at the wrists. Newer versions of most (all?) of Teiz's gear have an updated wrist closure that should, at least from pictures, be superior.
Romulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #2699
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLight View Post
Learned some good info from Ghazi's appearance on WheelNerds...and it was pretty funny show too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePilot View Post
...... The sleeve cuffs are too fat and a bit cumbersome with guantlet gloves, but the sleeves themselves aren't too long on me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulux View Post

Far more noticeable to me has been some bulkiness in specific areas of the suit like lower legs and at the wrists. Newer versions of most (all?) of Teiz's gear have an updated wrist closure that should, at least from pictures, be superior.
yes the cuff design wasnt perfect and has now has been taken care off. works awesome now. you can easily wear any kind of gloves (including long gauntlets - both inside of outside the cuff). plus you can tightn the cuff when its cold or loosen it when its warm and you need the airflow
Old 11-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #2700
Mollygrubber
Eschew obfuscation

Oddometer: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLight View Post
That was a great interview - you're a funny guy Ghazi! "It blue" I thought Todd was going to piss his pants.

I'm really interested in your suits, I'm going to see what Santa has to say about it.