Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2012, 03:53 AM   #3136
BrainBender
Bounty Hunter

Oddometer: 399
Shipping has always been $25. I got a suit from you and talked to you about several.
1997 Honda Gold Wing SE
plus a few other dirt bikes and quads
BrainBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:58 AM   #3137
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainBender View Post
Shipping has always been $25. I got a suit from you and talked to you about several.
in the above discussion, we are referring to international shipping to canada which was higher but now has been reduced to $25 for textile suits.

shipping to USA has been and still is $25.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #3138
TO Scootz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
in the above discussion, we are referring to international shipping to canada which was higher but now has been reduced to $25 for textile suits.

This is a big deal for us non USA customers. I don't know how much it would cost to ship a suit from Texas to Toronto, but from other things I've shipped, I'm guessing $75-100. When I had Ghazi ship my Lombard to me I had him ship it to a package holding service in Niagara Falls NY for the standard $25. I then had to drive to Niagara Falls, $10 gas and an hour and a half driving, wait another half hour at the border, pick up the package at CBI, their charge is $6 per package, return to the border, pay toll of $3.25, wait another half hour to get across and pay the HST, and drive home, $10 gas and another hour and a half driving. As apposed to sitting on my butt, waiting for the suit to turn up at my door , for a cost of $25.

TO Scootz screwed with this post 08-24-2012 at 08:00 AM
TO Scootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #3139
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Scootz View Post
This is a big deal for us non USA customers. I don't know how much it would cost to ship a suit from Texas to Toronto, but from other things I've shipped, I'm guessing $75-100. When I had Ghazi ship my Lombard to me I had him ship it to a package holding service in Niagara Falls NY for the standard $25. I then had to drive to Niagara Falls, $10 gas and an hour and a half driving, wait another half hour at the border, pick up the package at CBI, their charge is $6 per package, return to the border, pay toll of $3.25, wait another half hour to get across and pay the HST, and drive home, $10 gas and another hour and a half driving. As apposed to sitting on my butt, waiting for the suit to turn up at my door , for a cost of $25.
thanks for putting it into perspective

the shipping costs (whether shipping from factory or warehouse) are significantly high. try visiting FedEx and calculate the shipping rates for sending a 15-20 pound package from Pakistan to Canada :) However, we always pass on any savings 2 u guys :)

looking forward to that power shell order
Old 08-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #3140
TO Scootz
Adventurer

High Vis colour fastness?

In reference to buying another suit. Could some of the people who ordered the early High Vis suits comment on how will the colour holds up? I would like a high vis suit, but I've seen neon yellow/green jackets turn to the colour of dirty parchment in less than two years. My own Teknic jacket faded from bright red to dirty pink in less than two years.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #3141
BrainBender
Bounty Hunter

Oddometer: 399
Quote:

Ooops my bad. Didn't notice he was Canadian.
1997 Honda Gold Wing SE
plus a few other dirt bikes and quads
BrainBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:44 AM   #3142
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Scootz View Post
In reference to buying another suit. Could some of the people who ordered the early High Vis suits comment on how will the colour holds up? I would like a high vis suit, but I've seen neon yellow/green jackets turn to the colour of dirty parchment in less than two years. My own Teknic jacket faded from bright red to dirty pink in less than two years.
to be honest - hiv viz is the one that will get dirtiest the fastest, is difficult to maintain and could possibly fade.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:06 AM   #3143
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

feedback needed:

what do you think about a layaway/installments plan?

updates with comments from facebook:

for the solution we are considering: there would obviously be a fee - around 4% but that is not a profit but rather the cost of providing this service. additionally, it would be layaway rather than installment so u get your suit when u complete payment (similar to layaway in retail stores)

To give you an example. A $600 purchase would have $103.90 monthly payment for six months for a $623.40 total payment.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #3144
TO Scootz
Adventurer

Lay away plan.

I think you get high marks for ethics and honesty. I understand some retailers have junked their layaway plans because the want you to use their installment plan...........at 18% interest. It sounds like a good idea for people that have a hard time saving up a fairly large sum of money, without having to put it on their credit card.......at 18+ %. I don't need it personally, but maybe people who could (and would) use it, will speak up.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #3145
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Custom Power Shell - a bit black!!

Old 08-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #3146
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Lets follow Alex & Andrea as they take us from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego (in Teiz Navigator outfits)

More cool pix and blog:

http://micadu.ro/en/blogs/new-world-journal/
Old 08-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #3147
Jagermeister
Funky White Boy

Oddometer: 129
Repair Damaged Suit?

Ghazi,

I had a Low speed get-off earlier this year, resulting in some tears in the elbow of my V3. Fortunately, the damage is confined to the black "patch" on the elbow.
Can you repair this?

DR650 & XT-250

Always take the long route!
Jagermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #3148
marco-polo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
feedback needed:
what do you think about a layaway/installments plan?
You're a one man show (more or less) and your big strength in the market is customer service - the suits are great, but there are other suit manufacturers. It's your customer service that makes the sale. You do a quick product design cycle using all the information that you pick up as part of user feedback, again part of the customer service function.

I think that, in general, it wouldn't be a good idea - concentrate on those things that build sales & profit. If you see demand for it and you're not totally tapped out with all your other tasks, maybe start with a layaway-lite system, for example rather than taking 100% of the price upfront, take 50% upfront, 50% when ready for shipment.
marco-polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #3149
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
Ghazi,

I had a Low speed get-off earlier this year, resulting in some tears in the elbow of my V3. Fortunately, the damage is confined to the black "patch" on the elbow.
Can you repair this?
hello,
please email us a picture of the crash damage - support@teizms.com
thanks
Old 08-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #3150
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco-polo View Post
I think that, in general, it wouldn't be a good idea - concentrate on those things that build sales & profit....
sound advice - thank you for the contribution.

it is always nice to hear that people value your customer service :)