User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2014, 09:52 AM   #3406
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723

E-mail from customer:

First I would like to thank Teiz and Ghazi for making their products available in custom sizing. I would have had to settle for a much less feature filled riding suit with less protection and "rain solutions" I did not want. It also is rather nice to have the cache of being the only rider in a Teiz suit when meeting
with other riders.

I have waited to actually put some miles on my Navigator before writing as I find other's reviews written within hours of unpacking are somewhat useless. That being said, I find that so far, about 1200 miles, I am quite satisfied with my purchase.

My general assessment would be that the pants and jacket are very well made and thought out. In person, the materials and look of this suit are impressive. Being my first custom, non-racing gear, I was expecting a lot and received it. I have never been as comfortable riding as i have in the Navigator. The many body measurements sent to Teiz were well worth the time to get accurately.

It has taken me a while to get around to actually try out most of the features as Winter took it's time departing this year. Cold weather riding started around 45 to 55 degrees F.

The Navigator is well ventilated so even with the Exkin Air liner and a Cortech Winter base layer I needed to add my electric long sleeve. All thin layers and very comfy. Above 55 F, the electric liner was not needed and I pulled the Exkin out as well after 70 degrees. With just a base layer (Winter or Summer CoolMax) and the shell, I have been very comfortable.

The pants never seemed to need my electric liners, probably due to less ventilation and have remained comfortable up into the 80s. I'm on an ADV, so if your behind a Goldwing fairing you will probably have a warmer experience.

I have finally started to use the venting. I believe with every thing open, except the neck, that this thing is as cool as my old Joe Rocket all mesh jacket and pants. That makes me extremely happy as most of my local riding is in the heat. Open the neck and snap it down, you are in the wind. I also use an evaporative cooling vest but have not used it yet with the Navigator.

Some of the features I really like are the soft Neoprene at the neck and cuffs. The adjustability of the over-all fit of the jacket and the pants. The suspenders, which I did not think I would like, are great. Because of the excellent fit, and the suspenders, one of the most unexpected likes is the ease with which I am able to use toilet facilities at a gas station or restaurant. You won't see that mentioned in a magazine review.

I do have a few nits but certainly not game changers. one of the concerns is the kidney belt style waist strap that zips into the shell to secure the back protector. I have never had a full zip together suit before, only the
short nine inch style. With the Exkins liner in, it is hard for me (old and less mobility) to zip the jacket and pants together(perhaps mastered with time). Consequently I skip the zipper in Winter mode and secure the jacket by
using the kidney belt.

My last comment would be to thank Ghazi Farooq for his patience with all the emails and phone calls.

If you're ever riding through Wisconsin you are are welcome to visit. The "Driftless Area" has some of the best
motorcycling roads in the world. "

John- Highland, WI

more pictures coming tommorow
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:24 AM   #3407
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

as promised - more pics from the above review

Old 06-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #3408
ScottRS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Upgrade Armor in Lombard V5 or V6?

Hey Ghazi - sent you an email a couple of weeks ago but looks like the message never got through. Question: I've got a Lombard V5 or V6. Love the suit. Any chance the armor can be upgraded to Sas-Tec?

Thanks,
Scott
ScottRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:37 AM   #3409
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRS View Post
Hey Ghazi - sent you an email a couple of weeks ago but looks like the message never got through. Question: I've got a Lombard V5 or V6. Love the suit. Any chance the armor can be upgraded to Sas-Tec?

Thanks,
Scott
hey

the pockets are different sizes so it won't fit.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:19 PM   #3410
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

latest feedback Australia:

----
My new custom made Sahara Suit has arrived. Delivery time even to Australia exactly as promised. The suits fits absolute perfect. Finally thanks to the awesome work of Teiz I have a suit with arms and legs as long as it should be and not too wide.

Unfortunately we are moving house next week and I do not have much time for a longer ride to test the suit proper. But I can already say it fits perfect. It feels perfect and it look very good.

Ventilation is good. Much better than my Dryrider air.
As soon as I have some more time for a good ride I will send some nice pictures.

Thank you for the very good service so far.

Lothar
Anula, NT, Australia.

-------
Old 07-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #3411
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

hope everyone is having a great long weekend
Old 07-12-2014, 05:47 AM   #3412
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Moving to a new server. site and email will be down for 24 hours.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:19 PM   #3413
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

site is back up and running. please do report if you notice any issues or missing content
Old 07-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #3414
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Got my suit last week an have to say I wasn't really expecting it to be as comfortable as it is. Really liking it. And the color...can you see me now? Lol!!!

--
Brian
Old 09-14-2014, 04:01 PM   #3415
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Old 09-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #3416
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Old 10-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #3417
Icy_
Stationary Traveller

Oddometer: 118
Ghazi,

I am not one of your customers - yet. But seeing you the retailer who builds custom riding gear in the belly of the beast braving questions, requests, push-backs gives me great comfort and a sincere amusement. I have the greatest of respect for you and your business Ghazi, well done. The reviews I have read so far are nothing short of a huge support of a bravo that you deserve. Well done indeed. For following your dream, you are truly an adventure rider.

Hope to become your customer one day.

Cheers

Icy

PS: Please fix these broken pointers to the old server / forum. I see links here and there, click it to read and get a 404. ie: http://www.teizms.com/blog/2011/09/1...ts-and-liners/
Icy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:02 PM   #3418
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy_ View Post
Ghazi,

I am not one of your customers - yet. But seeing you the retailer who builds custom riding gear in the belly of the beast braving questions, requests, push-backs gives me great comfort and a sincere amusement. I have the greatest of respect for you and your business Ghazi, well done. The reviews I have read so far are nothing short of a huge support of a bravo that you deserve. Well done indeed. For following your dream, you are truly an adventure rider.

Hope to become your customer one day.

Cheers

Icy

PS: Please fix these broken pointers to the old server / forum. I see links here and there, click it to read and get a 404. ie: http://www.teizms.com/blog/2011/09/1...ts-and-liners/

thank you for the kind words and support
we recently switched servers and i have to get around to fixing some broken links..
Old 12-14-2014, 04:30 PM   #3419
satur9
angry black guy

Oddometer: 488
mabey upgrade few questions

I have a v2 and was looking to mabey upgrade. to latest lombard or mabey powershell. im thinking lombard. but would like pics of the drench quench liner. I like the powershell. but cant even begin to fathom how one would put a rain suit on over top of one I have mesh pants and jacket for very hot weather. with rain gear. I have to take off jacket just to be able to bend over to put on the rain paints. and the mesh gear is far thinner less armor than a one piece suit. mabey. you can show how its done.
satur9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 05:10 PM   #3420
doc_simple
Meat popsickle

Oddometer: 89
I had the very first iteration of their one-piece suit and I just got some rain gear 2 sizes up and slipped it over. Great suit but was definitely not waterproof.

I'm not gonna say it was easy like I'm some sort of overweight yoga guru but when I was riding through yet another ridiculous downpour I was sure glad I had it. First gear battery powered heated vest underneath and first gear rain suit over. Had I gone down I would have been very glad of the Teiz suits protection. Of course, ymmv

Quote:
Originally Posted by satur9 View Post
I have a v2 and was looking to mabey upgrade. to latest lombard or mabey powershell. im thinking lombard. but would like pics of the drench quench liner. I like the powershell. but cant even begin to fathom how one would put a rain suit on over top of one I have mesh pants and jacket for very hot weather. with rain gear. I have to take off jacket just to be able to bend over to put on the rain paints. and the mesh gear is far thinner less armor than a one piece suit. mabey. you can show how its done.
doc_simple is offline   Reply With Quote