Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #61
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,719
Question Finally was able to register and have some good news

Here is the latest newsletter I just sent out:
Hello folks,
a) Do you want to get a hold of a Cross Continent suit even before it shows up in dealerships or becomes available online?
b) Are you looking for an amazing deal?
If you answered yes to both questions then here is some good news. We are now selling the left-over pre-production units and marking them down significantly because pre-production units do not come with a warranty.
These units are essentially the same as production units and are used to collect feedback for production runs. We only have a few pieces left so hurry up. The suits have been posted on our new e-bay store:
http://stores.ebay.com/Teiz-Motorsports
Hurry up and grab them ASAP because we have very few units left.

Also, we have started an online forum. Please feel free to post questions and discuss sizing information on these forums.
http://teizms.com/discuss

Pictures from the 2009 Dealer Expo have also been posted.
http://teizms.com/2009-dealer-expo

Thanks
-------------------

So folks, please feel to directly post any questions on this forum or our forum and i will be more than happy to answer them.

Take Care
Ghazi
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:58 PM   #62
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,715
Sizing

The size chart I saw on the website goes by your jacket size. What about inseam? What good is it if it fits you on top but you look like Joe Paterno down low.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #63
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

size chart

working on an updated size chart.. stay tuned
Old 02-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #64
-L-
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola M
Internet Company/Contact Info:
Check out the contact us page for ICON. They only have a online form as well. We are not as big as icon. We produce a very specialized item in a limited amount. Even then, if you send me an email or sign up on our site , I provide a phone number for you to call and discuss the product and make sure to respond to your questions as soon as possible. www.teizms.com/discuss
I presume you mean rideicon? www.rideicon.com, and if so, there is a fundemental difference - they sell through dealers, so when I buy something icon, my contract is with the dealer, first and foremost. The Teizms website is set up as a shop, and with no contact details, I have no course for redress. At least selling them through eBay gives me some protection.

And FWIW, "Made in Pakistan" should not put anyone off! However, I do want to know if I'm buying product direct from a company in Pakistan (or any other country for that matter) or from a US distributor, or from an US company that is sourcing from Pakistan etc. etc. If you want to build a brand, then you need to start off on the right foot!
-L- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #65
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Hi,
your points are well raised.

1) we are trying to get our stuff into various dealerships. till that works out expect to see us at motorcycle shows and rallies later this year.

2) the comment about made in Pakistan was intended to clearify that just because it is made in a certain country does not mean that it should be assumed that it is of low build quality. But just for further information, we are brand that started in California, had moved operation to Illinois recently and has a manufacturing unit in Pakistan.

Thanks
Old 02-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #66
Tripletreat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
one-piece suits

As a long-time owner of a one-piece Aerostich suit, I really appreciate the design's use of a single zipper that runs from the neck to the ankle. Ingress/egress is a snap. It's not clear how this new suit on the market uses zippers. I also have (since last summer) an Olympia one-piece suit that's great for riding in hot weather. The zippers on the legs that run from the waist to the ankles are very much inferior to the Aerostich design. Night and day difference in terms of convenience. This could be a deal breaker for me. I'm looking to replace my old 'stich. But, the older I get, the more I value a design that allows me to dress myself without my butler's help (he rarely rides with us).
Tripletreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:28 PM   #67
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,697
Quote:
  • Full length front zipper with Velcro cover
  • Separate entry zip for right leg
Although it is difficult to tell from the pictures, it looks like a neck to ankle zipper on the left leg and a crotch to ankle zipper on the right leg. I also have an Olympic Phantom suit. So you think this style of zipper configuration is easier to get into than the Olympia suits? I have no basis for comparison myself and would be interested to hear your opinion.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past
MillCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:52 PM   #68
Ola M
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by -L-
I presume you mean rideicon?
It's not my post, it's a copy/paste from the vendor. I just re-pasted it to remove the funky formatting.
Ola M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #69
Tripletreat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
One-piece Suits - Ingress/Egress

I find it very difficult to don or remove my Olympia suit. However, the aerostich one-piece is a piece of cake. You can take it off literally in a matter of seconds. With the Olympia suit, if I don't have a chair, its even money whether I'll end up lying on the ground when I try to put it on. How often to you carry a chair when you ride?
That's what I thought....
Tripletreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:17 PM   #70
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,596
Ghazi, good to see you were able to get on the forum. Good luck in this endeavor. I am just waiting on a little more cash...
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #71
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Suits available for backorder, updated size chart, new photos

Hello folks,
Great news! We are now accepting backorders for a May 31st shipping date. Order by March 31st to avail this option. Furthermore, due to popular demand, we have added one more size: 4XL.

We are accepting orders with the following options
Colors: Blue, Red, Black, Light Grey, Dark Grey
Sizes: S 4XL

The updated size chart is now available which should make size selection a breeze:
http://teizms.com/comparisons-charts

Also, the product features page has been updated with new pictures:
http://teizms.com/product-features

Please feel free to post your comments and questions on our discussion forum:
http://teizms.com/discuss

Lastly, there are a few discounted pre-production suits available on E-bay:
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Teiz-Motorsports

We would really appreciate it if you would forward this information to your fellow riders and on the forums that you actively visit.

Thanks
Old 03-05-2009, 05:19 AM   #72
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,596
I appreciate the new size chart as it really narrows it down a lot more, but I don't think I will fit into one of these suits. I need 34" for my torso, and 33" for my inseam, and a 42" chest. I guess I'll need to see one in person before I place an order, to make sure the fit is good. Or maybe hold out to see how the 2 piece suit turns out.

What's Teiz's return policy? And do you take the full amount for pre-order or a deposit?
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:35 AM   #73
Muggins
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
So just to be sure - the "waterproof" lining is integrated with the shell material, right? In other words, it is NOT a removeable line, correct?

I know the suit isnt advertised as 100% waterproof, but I'm starting to realize that my motoport liners, although completely waterproof, are a major PITA. If you're going on a long ride, you basically have to decide to go liners in or liners out. If you decide liners out and get caught in a freak downpour, your going to get soaked but the time you pull into a gas station to strip naked and zip in the liners.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:05 AM   #74
TonyKZ1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 646
I signed up for the email updates plus I'll be watching this topic also. These suits look very good and it's nice to see the vendor posting here answering questions, etc.. I do wish they were made here in the U.S. though. It'll be good to have a few reviews from the people who buy these, comparing them to the Roadcrafter and other suits.

I'm glad he's not advertising these as waterproof (without the liner) and then later after wearing them through a rain/thunderstorm you find out that they are not waterproof. I'd be interested in hearing more about this liner. I assume it's a plastic/vinyl liner like a rainsuit and just velcros, snaps, or zippers in? From reading the site it looks like this suit is water resistant similar to my Highland II suit.

Another thing I'd ask the vendor is if he wouldn't post in a different font color other than the default since I look at the site in the waxy style and I can't see his white font posting until I highlight it. But that's just a minor problem for me I guess.

TonyKZ1 screwed with this post 07-02-2009 at 10:16 AM
TonyKZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #75
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

flux: currently we require a full payment for a preorder as the suit will be made specifically for the customer.

muggins/tony: the waterproof liner is attached to the suit and is not removable. First comes the cordura, then the waterproof liner and then the internal mesh. If you have a vented suit, there will further be a removable thermal liner.