Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #736
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,720
Please let me know if any one expecting a shipment this week did not receive a shipping notification.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #737
Callicles
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Are you available for a local to come and take a look at your suits? Maybe a store front or local retailer in the Chicago area? I am about 2 hours away and will be a difficult fit.
Callicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:11 PM   #738
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callicles
Are you available for a local to come and take a look at your suits? Maybe a store front or local retailer in the Chicago area? I am about 2 hours away and will be a difficult fit.
I am looking into a mini-meet but it is not going to happen soon because of the show schedule..
Old 09-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #739
ironmtnracing
MotoQuest Seattle

Oddometer: 685
Ghazi,

Just left you a PM regarding a size question. Hoping to get my order in today before the moneys gone
ironmtnracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:39 PM   #740
12bswayed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
I just got my tracking number! woo-hoo!!! Delivery date 9/23!!!
Old 09-19-2009, 05:21 AM   #741
keeb
Live fast. Die young.

Oddometer: 60
According to the fed-up...er...fedex tracking page my Lombard should get here today. I'll try and get my lovely assistant to take some pics and I'll give my first impressions.
keeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #742
rhys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,661
Ghazi,

For those of us who volunteered to be 1.0 recipients, now having discovered our torso to be tight, short, and a bit TOO friendly with our "package"......

is it reaching to think we could ask for material with which to have gussets made (for the crotch area) and expandable pleats (for the back/shoulders) by our own tailor in our 1.0 mesh & vented?

Or...... would the stitching required to perform such an after-thought, compromise the integrity of the suit too much?
rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:14 AM   #743
keeb
Live fast. Die young.

Oddometer: 60
The suit came packaged in a nice little zippered storage bag with Ghazi's personal business card in it, which I thought was a nice touch. He obviously wants to keep his customers happy, and that's always a good sign. It also comes with a heavy duty hanger.

On to the suit:
I'm new to one piece suits, so the first time donning the thing is a bit of an adventure. It takes a moment to figure out the best order for limbs to go in. After I'd gone through the motions a few times, it was actually pretty easy. I was worried all the velcro would slow down the process, but you can just plow through any velcro stickage with the zipping motion. You can go foot to neck in one mostly smooth zip.

The suit looks like it is as quality as any other textiles I have had (joe rocket, fieldsheer, first gear). It's hard to make a quality judgment, though, until you've used the thing for a while.

The fit is as I anticipated, a bit frumpy. First, it is designed to function as an oversuit. Secondly, I am on the short side of 5'6" 120lbs, and I knew from the measurements on the website that there was a chance the SMALL would be a bit long for me. It's not so long that cuffs drag the floor when I have shoes on, and that was my main concern. (There are leg adjusters to fix that problem if it does occur.) I haven't tried it on the bike yet, but I don't anticipate it being too short in the sleeves or legs for the position my SV650 puts me in.

The sleeve cuff adjustment is a bit stiff, and I can feel the excess bunched fabric on my wrists when the cuff is tightened enough that it doesn't slide over my hands. I'm thinking after some break in, it will be a non-issue.

The armor feels good, and in the right positions when I crouch in to approximate riding position. I especially appreciate the shin protection, because I've always wondered why it was missing on so many over pants. When I commute I don't wear my boots, so my shin bone is nice and exposed in other textiles I've worn.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the purchase. I looked at one piece suits a lot, and none of them met my needs for easy exit/entry AND ease on the wallet. I'm more than happy to support a company that is obviously listening to its customers, and trying to keep prices reasonable.

Here are a few shots. Don't mind the mess, we are in the process of moving in. If anybody wants pics of specific points of interest (on the suit) I'd be more than happy to take some closeups.

keeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #744
tdlien
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Hi Keeb, thank you for the pics. I am about the same size as you and was hesitant about the fit until I saw your pics. Just place my order for the Lombard in dark gray. I will also post pics of the suit when it arrive.
tdlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #745
ReCycled
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 406
Similar experience to Keeb's.

Seems like I just placed the order, it was shortly after the website went up. Received both the Lombard and Mojave today. I'm 5'9", 180lbs. pants 33'x30", 42 jacket. This put me into the LARGE size per Ghazi's website. The sizing chart worked for me, MEDIUM would have been too tight in torso and shoulders, I would have been swimming in an EXTRA LARGE.

I tried on the Mojave at home then took the Lombard out on a ride;

I felt a little frumpy too. Partly because the length is spot on when seated but of course seems long when standing. Partly because there is plenty of girth to accommodate the "gravitionally impaired". The cinches did a good job taking up the slack, and to be fair didn't have the quilted liner in and I'll likely add another layer when it gets cold.

I'm not sure the knee protection couldn't still go a bit lower. It seems fine standing, but felt high while I was on the bike.

The only unacceptable fit issue is the neck. There is plenty of material but the snaps just won't close around my 17 1/2" neck.
ReCycled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #746
satur9
angry black guy

Oddometer: 463
pics? recycled.....
satur9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:32 AM   #747
rhys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,661
Keeb,
I must say, your suit looks very functional on you! I might also suggest that "frumpy" will allow that you can step into and out of your suit while wearing street clothes. And the fact that you can put it on WITH the polar liner in place means Teiz Motorsports has indeed changed it's approach to sizing more toward the fit of an over-suit.

You see..... MY suit (the first, the 1.0), looks absolutely STELLAR on me, tailored, flattering, streamlined, fast, and a good fit.... albeit a bit tight. And therein lies the problem, it's sizing was with absolutely no consideration to wearing clothes underneath. In fact, I can't even step into my vented suit with it's polar liner in place; the liner is useless to me unless or until I lose over 50 pounds from the weight I was when measured for my suit. When I don my suits, I choose to wear thin wick-able under-ware, or my warmer two-piece bamboo under-ware. And I have to keep the suit on when I pull over for a burger.....

In addition, my sleeves and leg length were absolutely perfect, fitting me better than any off-the-rack pant or shirt I could buy at any department store. I stand 5' 2" and a bit on the big side, kinda like a working troll. Ghazi had my suit custom made for me, and it looks good. But as soon as I get on the bike and reach for the handlebars, the sleeve length hikes up to my forearms, and the leg length exposes the top of my boots. So when I say that your suit looks functional, it looks like it was made for THE RIDE, not simply to stand around looking tough-n-fine in.

Another observation..... I did not see a clear (plastic) map pocket on your leg, nor even the plastic ID pocket on the sleeve of your suit. I don't know if that's how you asked for it to be made, if the shorter suit size prohibited the use of plastic pockets, or if Teiz has eliminated them. But interestingly, this is in your favor.... as California Dry Cleaners either won't touch the suit with the plastic or will charge a healthy premium to clean the suit because of the plastic pockets. It's an environmental/chemical thang.... go figure.

PLEASE NOTE:
Ghazi has been working with me to resolve my fitting problem, if not actually bending over backward to accommodate me. I am 55 years old, and for decades I have NOT seen "Customer Service" like that which Ghazi has afforded me. He truly IS working toward a quality product at a VERY competitive price..... striving for 'customer satisfaction' unlike that which I have had to grow accustom to elsewhere.

(My tailored-to-fit suit: Good for posing and looking tough-n-fine in. I can't buy street clothes to fit me this well!)

rhys screwed with this post 09-20-2009 at 07:41 AM
rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #748
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,751
I am going to have to ponder sizing. By naked measurements using the Teiz sizing chart, I would fit a 'large' suit. I am 5'10", 200 lbs, wear a 42 regular jacket, 16x33 dress regular fit dress shirt and 36x30 dress slacks. My 'bicycling inseam' (from the pubic bone to the floor) is 32 inches. However, since I use the suit as a commuter, I generally buy a size or two larger to fit over my business suit.

My Olympia Phantom is a XL, and it is a tight fit over the business clothes with the liner installed. It is on the large side when I am just wearing shorts and a T-shirt underneath or am not using the liner. My Olympia Voyager jacket in XL fits well, and my Olympia AST jacket is big at 2XL. I ordered it in XL but Olympia shipped the wrong size. I decided I would just cinch things down and keep the larger size for layering purposes in the cold weather. Olympia does not offer a sizing chart for their suits, so I used the jacket sizing chart. I am also told that Olympia runs on the small side of their sizing.

I had previously looked at the Lombard sizing chart and thought that a 3XL would probably be sufficient over the business clothes and with the thermal liner in place.

Now I have to think about this. I will be interested to read further posts about the fit of the 2.0 suit. I have pretty much decided that I will end up getting a Lombard in high-viz orange to complement my Olympia Phantom in high-viz neon green.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past

MillCreek screwed with this post 09-20-2009 at 10:58 AM
MillCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #749
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

New Inventory Available on website

Folks,

I will be addresses all your questions/comments very sooon. till then, just want you to know that new lombard and Mojave suits are now available through the website for next day shipping (no pre order waittt)..

The in stock stuff is as below:

Mojave (light gray):
Sizes: S,M,L,XL,2XL,3XL,4XL

Lombard (light gray):
Sizes: M,L,XL,2XL,3XL,4XL

Lombard(black):

when you select the color/size, it will indicate whether it is still in stock.. hurry upp.. limited qtys
Old 09-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #750
Deans BMW
Granpa Hoon

Oddometer: 3,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
Folks,

I will be addresses all your questions/comments very sooon. till then, just want you to know that new lombard and Mojave suits are now available through the website for next day shipping (no pre order waittt)..

The in stock stuff is as below:

Mojave (light gray):

Lombard (light gray):
Sizes: M,L,XL,2XL,3XL,4XL

Lombard(black):

when you select the color/size, it will indicate whether it is still in stock.. hurry upp.. limited qtys

Sir, are these the V2 suits?
www.Motorcyclistcafe.com
Founder San Jose BMW
Deans BMW is offline   Reply With Quote