ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #766
TexasShadow
Where's the escape hatch?
 
TexasShadow's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Terlingua, Texas
Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264
Sadly Ghazi, you will always encounter people who try to do this sort of thing. Why ? I have no idea.

Keep going, don't let them get you down
+1
How about just refunding her money? I agree; smells like a scam.
TexasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #767
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
i did offer her a refund...

she said she wants a replacement instead so i asked her that if this suit is the worst thing ever, then y a refund ?

we have been involved in various businesses and studying consumer behavior for a long time...so i know when wats going on.. its sad people think they can fool us so easily and try to pull of this stuff..

teizms screwed with this post 09-22-2009 at 11:44 AM
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #768
TexasShadow
Where's the escape hatch?
 
TexasShadow's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Terlingua, Texas
Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
we have been involved in various businesses and studying consumer behavior for a long time...so i know when wats going on.. its sad people think they can fool us so easily and try to pull of this stuff..
If you have studied human behavior (consumer or any other), than you know 'bad apples' are always in the barrel containing 'good apples.' Don't let the 'bad apples' spoil the rest of the barrel. (aka don't take it personally; it's unfortunately a part of the 'game')
TexasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #769
idea man
Plate Spinner
 
idea man's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: 101 and 246, CA
Oddometer: 2,513
Maybe it was some of that James Bond Velcro that automatically detatches from the suit upon days or weeks of inactivity.....
oooh, I better go check mine. I'm going to wait for V.3 before activating mine.
Hopefully this customer didn't come from here. How embarrassing. Your service and intregrity has always been top notch. Please keep it up.
You'll be getting many repeat customers.
__________________
"You know sir, there is a fine line between Badass and Dumbass." Medical Records Lady
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #770
labandit
Adventurer
 
labandit's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Oddometer: 10
Spoke to Ghazi this week. Wanted the leather suit. Because I'm a "plus" size the suit will have to be custom made. The charge is an extra $200. That brings the suit to over $800+ (tax, shipping, etc). I had asked about the possibility of alteration, since I am going to try as lose weight. He said the way it is cut, (lots of smaller patchwork) it could not be done. I asked him about the stitching (the most important, weakest link). It is only double stitched with POLYURATHANE (sp?) thread, and only REGULAR loop stitching. First of all, poly stitching has a low heat failure rate, sencond...no safety stitching, no hidden stitching, no interlocking stitching. Plus no gurarantee. Sorry folks, but for a 100-200 hundred more, I can get a Motoport suit, fully custom, THE BEST MATERIALS way stronger than leather...cooler/warmer, The BEST stitching....up to 5 rows, , interlocked and safety stitched with the strongest NYLON thread availible. Pockets, reflective 3M, ETC. Plus, alterations for life, Plus, a new suit if it fails, for life. Not to mention that there is 0 resale value, in Teiz's suits. Ghazi says this is a unique product, that is why is is worth so much. I guess he has never heard of MOTOPORT, or has researched the market well enough.I just bought a Joe Rocket suit that will fit and work just fine for $500, (delivered, that FITS), until I have the $ for a Motoport. I've personally have gone down to meet Wayne and get measured for one, Awesome service. I'm not here to trash Teiz, but to inform my fellow riders of my thoughts and experience...as to look out for our safety and well being.
Sorry, for basically a throw away suit, this product is not in the cards for me.

labandit screwed with this post 09-23-2009 at 03:37 PM
labandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #771
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Snohomish county, Washington USA
Oddometer: 1,704
^^^ Hey, are you related to the woman upthread whose suit had the velcro spontaneously combust? Awesome!
__________________
Regards,
MillCreek
Snohomish County, Washington USA
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past
MillCreek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #772
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!
 
NortwestRider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: 3.7 miles North of Hell...SEATTLE....
Oddometer: 3,388
hehehehehe.....
NortwestRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #773
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!
 
NortwestRider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: 3.7 miles North of Hell...SEATTLE....
Oddometer: 3,388
Got my suit today...4XL CUSTOM in HI VIZ yellow.WOW,it's HUGE !!!.The first suit I got ( 4XL standard ) was WAYYYYY to small.This is the first 1 piece suit I have had so I'm not use to the fit..BAGGY..It is a little tight in the legs but OK,and in the arms but OK.The torso is really long when I'm standing up and the legs are under my bare feet.I think with boots and the ankles tighten up a bit it will be fine.When sitting on the bike it's still alittle baggy but VERY comfy ( now all this is with the liner IN ).
NortwestRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #774
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
ideaman -
V3? I was going to pitch the leather stuff to you instead heh..

texasshadow-
you are correct. the point of sharing the info here is just to remind everyone that hey.. we can take it back if you dont like it. not a problem...

northwestrider - everyone at the factory kept confirming with me that are you sure this is the torso size .. when i held the pattern of your suit up again myself, i felt very ... tiny... lol
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #775
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
hello,
i have tried to address some of your concerns below

Quote:
Originally Posted by labandit
The charge is an extra $200. That brings the suit to over $800+ (tax, shipping, etc).

That would make it exactly $774 ($549-suit, $200-custom, $25-shipping)

I had asked about the possibility of alteration, since I am going to try as lose weight. He said the way it is cut, (lots of smaller patchwork) it could not be done.

Also, there are full length zippers on the suit, if you want to shorten the legs for example, you would need a brand new zipper.


Sorry folks, but for a 100-200 hundred more, I can get a Motoport suit, fully custom, THE BEST MATERIALS way stronger than leather...cooler/warmer, The BEST stitching....up to 5 rows, , interlocked and safety stitched with the strongest NYLON thread availible. Pockets, reflective 3M, ETC.

and it also looks likethis:



and this



Also, i am sure that the material is extremely good but would only believe that it is better than leather when Rossi wears it at the races. Before that, i cant accept that it is BETTER THAN LEATHER.

Plus, alterations for life, Plus, a new suit if it fails, for life.

Paid alterations. Also, a new suit if they CANT FIX the old one.. Which are all good policies i have to agree with that. But that is also built into the price. Our leather suits use 30-45% more leather than a regular racing-fit suit. Even then, our prices are very competitive.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:13 AM   #776
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer
 
kitesurfer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: JAX, FL
Oddometer: 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by labandit
Spoke to Ghazi this week. Wanted the leather suit. Because I'm a "plus" size the suit will have to be custom made. The charge is an extra $200. That brings the suit to over $800+ (tax, shipping, etc). I had asked about the possibility of alteration, since I am going to try as lose weight. He said the way it is cut, (lots of smaller patchwork) it could not be done. I asked him about the stitching (the most important, weakest link). It is only double stitched with POLYURATHANE (sp?) thread, and only REGULAR loop stitching. First of all, poly stitching has a low heat failure rate, sencond...no safety stitching, no hidden stitching, no interlocking stitching. Plus no gurarantee. Sorry folks, but for a 100-200 hundred more, I can get a Motoport suit, fully custom, THE BEST MATERIALS way stronger than leather...cooler/warmer, The BEST stitching....up to 5 rows, , interlocked and safety stitched with the strongest NYLON thread availible. Pockets, reflective 3M, ETC. Plus, alterations for life, Plus, a new suit if it fails, for life. Not to mention that there is 0 resale value, in Teiz's suits. Ghazi says this is a unique product, that is why is is worth so much. I guess he has never heard of MOTOPORT, or has researched the market well enough.I just bought a Joe Rocket suit that will fit and work just fine for $500, (delivered, that FITS), until I have the $ for a Motoport. I've personally have gone down to meet Wayne and get measured for one, Awesome service. I'm not here to trash Teiz, but to inform my fellow riders of my thoughts and experience...as to look out for our safety and well being.
Sorry, for basically a throw away suit, this product is not in the cards for me.
FOR SOMEONE NOT COMING HERE TO TRASH MR TIEZ, you did a damn fine job of doing it! good luck with all those alterations for the rest of your life!
kitesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:27 AM   #777
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer
 
kitesurfer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: JAX, FL
Oddometer: 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by pax maac
Has anyone taken a ride in the rain with these yet? I'm curious abut the "waterproofness". Thinking about ordering a Lombard...
i'm waiting on that one too...
kitesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #778
TexasShadow
Where's the escape hatch?
 
TexasShadow's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Terlingua, Texas
Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer
i'm waiting on that one too...
I could have tested THAT out really well last Monday.........
TexasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:47 AM   #779
labandit
Adventurer
 
labandit's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer
FOR SOMEONE NOT COMING HERE TO TRASH MR TIEZ, you did a damn fine job of doing it! good luck with all those alterations for the rest of your life!
I was injured in battle, fighting for this country. I gained 40 lbs. I am usually 230 of solid muscle, so, it will be only ONE alteration. Unless I get injured again so you can have the freedom to kitesurf. I was just being truethful to my personal experience....not nasty or name calling. Ghazi sounded like a gentleman when we spoke. The product picture is not a typicle one, I have tried them on and know how they fit....done the research, etc. Go read the Motoport thread.
I'm done...
labandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 03:55 AM   #780
Aether
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by labandit
I was just being truethful to my personal experience....not nasty or name calling. Ghazi sounded like a gentleman when we spoke. The product picture is not a typicle one, I have tried them on and know how they fit....done the research, etc. Go read the Motoport thread.
I'm done...
I only found two posts from you in the Motoport thread. Both essentially saying the same thing pointing out a major difference between working with Ghazi and (attempting) to work with Motoport. Let me quote your last message in that thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by labandit
What's up with MOTORPORT/CYCLEPORT??
Keep trying to purchase or refer a purchase to Wayne at Motorport/Cycleport. Either his site is up, or down, or nowhere to be found. I have e-mailed him several times, with no resonse. The guy makes a heck of a product, but just can't get it together. Very frustrated because I think he has the most protective and temperature (hot) friendly gear made and I want it.
Good luck. Hope you get what you want....eventually.
Aether is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014