Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2009, 02:26 AM   #811
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
eee sorry bout the typos (including show dates) in the newsletter that was emailed

teizms screwed with this post 10-08-2009 at 04:09 AM
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:37 AM   #812
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

october newsletter

Link to October Newsletter
Old 10-08-2009, 08:03 AM   #813
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,285
Is there a Ventura pants coming?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #814
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc56
Is there a Ventura pants coming?
yes.. its in final stages of completion
Old 10-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #815
ironmtnracing
MotoQuest Seattle

Oddometer: 689
Lombard Review

Hi All,

Thought I'd post up my initial impressions of this suit.

First off....Teiz Motorsports. I found Ghazi and Teiz easy to deal with, responsive, got exactly what I ordered, fast shipping. A+

Packaging was also very good. The storage bag might benefit from a little heavier material if it's really intended for reuse. I hang mine most of the time so don't really care.

Sizing - Teiz has a tough job trying to get a handful of sizes fit everyone perfectly. I'm far from perfect to start with so...you need to have realistic expectations.

My measurements are 6'2", 32 inseam, 38 waist, 33 torso.

I ordered the 3XL on Ghazi's advice

My initial observation after removing it from the packaging was "this thing is burly" I felt safer just holding it in my hands.

Getting into the suit was somewhat of a challenge the first time but, in full disclosure, Iím a dirt guy and this is the first suit Iíve ever owned. Having worn it a few times itís much easier now. People just wonít realize how graceful you are when you have it wired and make it look easy.

Once into the suit I found it to be just about perfect from a comfort perspective. Snugged up the waist a bit, adjusted the leg compression straps, got the knee pads lined up and called it good. Havenít had to fuss with it since. I like the leg compression method as Velcro just doesnít hold up down that low when things get dirty. Iíll pull the knee pucks at some point but havenít gotten around to it. I donít really see myself doing any knee dragging on the 990.

The compression snaps on the arms look like they would do the job but I donít need them so canít say for certain.

Plenty of vents positioned right where they need to be.

I like the arm and neck cuff treatment using micro suede.

The pass through pockets allow me to reach through to the front pocket of my jeans without a hassle.

Chest pockets allow for easy access to my camera or shades.

Thigh pocket is perfect for a small microfiber towel.

The grip material in the butt is nice. I found it keeps me planted on hard acceleration. Iím hoping it also helps with soggy butt. We ride often in very wet conditions.

My only gripe is that the collar is a little snug for my fat neck ( have same problem with dress shirts). Easy fix with the addition of one snap farther out on the collar, looks like thereís plenty of room.

Iíve got about 100 miles on the suit (all with liner) and have found it to be comfortable (sitting and standing) and it offers very good wind protection. Iíve been lucky enough so far not to have tested for water resistance but expect that will be changing soon. Iíll update this review after having a chance to ride in the suit both in the rain and off road.

Initial impression is that I got a steal on a very nice suit. OhÖand the wife says I look cool

I would certainly recommend the Lombard.

Really look forward to seeing the pants.

My 2Ę
ironmtnracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:15 AM   #816
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,596
good review iron...

I'll be anxiously awaiting your rain report! I'd hoped some one would have posted pics of the actual suit by now.
kitesurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #817
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,702
I will post a MAJOR rain reveiw next week.It's fall in Seattle..HER COMES THE RAIN !!!
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #818
ironmtnracing
MotoQuest Seattle

As requested

Here are a quick few shot this morning.

Please note that the suit is not zip closed, I just pulled it together using the velcro.

Oh...one last thing. I have the cover to my zumo stuffed in the right leg pocket and a ball cap on the left.

I'll have the wife click a couple the next time I get into it.
ironmtnracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #819
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

wow thanks for the feedback and pix ironmt.. looking forward to more pix
Old 10-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #820
AnthonyD
Nothing to see here...

Oddometer: 411
Lombard ordered
Old 10-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #821
Evedrake
Evedrake

Oddometer: 21
Dangeroues rubber ass cover

The same rubber rear end cover that keeps you from moving around on the seat will possibly grab the road when you are pitched off and cause you to tumble and pitch you all over the road. When you have a get off at speed you want to slide and disapate speed and energy. If you end up on your back side this might grip and fling you all over breaking arms, legs, neck etc.

NoB

Evedrake screwed with this post 10-12-2009 at 12:21 PM
Evedrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #822
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evedrake
The same rubber rear end cover that keeps you from moving around on the seat will also grab the road when you are pitched off and cause you to tumble and pitch you all over the road - think about it people. This is a very dangeroues design. I have shown this suite to garmet designers and they all agree it is dangeroues suite. When you have a get off at speed you want to slide and disapate speed and energy. If you end up on your back side this will grip and fling you all over breaking arms, legs, neck etc.

NoB
How very interesting that this very day, you have posted one of these suits for sale in the flea market. Yet your sales posting makes no mention of this alleged danger. Because of my concern for my fellow man, I will post a copy of this message in your sales thread to ensure that any potential buyers have the necessary information at hand.

Do you have any scientific or observational data to back up your claims of this suit being a hazard? If so, please post it. We would also be interested to learn the identity of the garment designers who have expressed these opinions. If they are indeed experts in the field, we would certainly give appropriate weight to their thoughts.

We will be eager to see your data and the identity of the designers who feel this suit is a hazard.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past
MillCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #823
TexasShadow
Where's the escape hatch?

Oddometer: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillCreel
How very interesting that this very day, you have posted one of these suits for sale in the flea market. Yet your sales posting makes no mention of this alleged danger. Because of my concern for my fellow man, I will post a copy of this message in your sales thread to ensure that any potential buyers have the necessary information at hand.

Do you have any scientific or observational data to back up your claims of this suit being a hazard? If so, please post it. We would also be interested to learn the identity of the garment designers who have expressed these opinions. If they are indeed experts in the field, we would certainly give appropriate weight to their thoughts.

We will be eager to see your data and the identity of the designers who feel this suit is a hazard.
TexasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #824
TexasShadow
Where's the escape hatch?

Oddometer: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
You going to have any small Lombards in Hi-Viz Yellow at the Dallas show?
TexasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:57 PM   #825
ACDNate
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evedrake
The same rubber rear end cover that keeps you from moving around on the seat will also grab the road when you are pitched off and cause you to tumble and pitch you all over the road - think about it people. This is a very dangeroues design. I have shown this suite to garmet designers and they all agree it is dangeroues suite. When you have a get off at speed you want to slide and disapate speed and energy. If you end up on your back side this will grip and fling you all over breaking arms, legs, neck etc.

NoB

Wow are you serious? You're assuming that a grippy seat that keeps your butt from moving in a seat would have the identical effect landing on the pavement. You're assumption is ridiculous. In fact it's down right libelous. Be glad I'm not Ghazi or you'd be getting nasty gram letters from the attorney...
2007 Honda CRF150R
2005 Honda CRF100F
ACDNate is offline   Reply With Quote