Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #826
idea man
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortwestRider
So does ANYBODY know of anything I can put on the grippy seat to make it more slippery??.
Bounce fabric softener sheets. The stuff on there is almost (almost) like wax. Get a couple and rub them on there. Plus it'll make you smell purdy.

Hey Ghazi
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #827
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasShadow
You going to have any small Lombards in Hi-Viz Yellow at the Dallas show?
actually we wont.. oops
we usually keep light gray and black in stock.
hi viz is pre-order only..

hello ideaman, good to see u again...

thanks for the order anthony..
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:40 PM   #828
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

btw.. i am expecting all your guys (purchase or no purchase) to show up athe shows because i really want to meet your all
Old 10-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #829
Evedrake
Evedrake

Oddometer: 21
Gippy rear end cover -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDNate
Wow are you serious? You're assuming that a grippy seat that keeps your butt from moving in a seat would have the identical effect landing on the pavement. You're assumption is ridiculous. In fact it's down right libelous. Be glad I'm not Ghazi or you'd be getting nasty gram letters from the attorney...
I have noted this to the builder of the suit. And now if you read the thread Ghazi is asking for comments on the rear grip cover - I got a suit with knee puks but could not move on the seat to put a knee down - so why the knee puks? - this has been mentioned in several post - so I am not the only one that finds the grip a problem. One person on the Teiz forum said it tore the strapped on seat cover off his bike when he went to slid forward in a turn. The cover bunched under his butt and pitched him forward and off balance. Ask the folks that build the AeroStitch suit about good design and safe material

NoB
Evedrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #830
ironmtnracing
MotoQuest Seattle

Oddometer: 679
I really hate to quote this again but....really? REALLY???

I love the part where you say "might grip". might? A very scientific term.

The butt material is JUST as likely to slow your slide preventing you from impacting something.

I'm hesitant to go into a body in motion discussion as I'm not sure you'd be able to follow along. I will say that if I come off my bike and find myself on my ass, I'm feeling pretty good about things. It's the head first face down ones that scare me.

Needless to say, calling the design/material choice dangerous is retarded IMHO.

Be safe.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evedrake
The same rubber rear end cover that keeps you from moving around on the seat will possibly grab the road when you are pitched off and cause you to tumble and pitch you all over the road. When you have a get off at speed you want to slide and disapate speed and energy. If you end up on your back side this might grip and fling you all over breaking arms, legs, neck etc.

NoB
ironmtnracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #831
ithaca00
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Ghazi - Will you have an example of the Hi-viz colors available at the shows? For the other colors will you have suits available for purchase there?
ithaca00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #832
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,064
I don't about ANY dangers with the grippy seat.ALL I know is that with a bad back it makes it hard to adjust my riding position so I can be more comfortable.I still love the suit and I will learn to work with the seat cover.
Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #833
DakarBlues
One-everythinged man

Oddometer: 1,274
Dark Alcatraz with Gore-tex Pro-Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
btw.. i am expecting all your guys (purchase or no purchase) to show up athe shows because i really want to meet your all

Ghazi,

I am sure if you come up with a Dark Gore-Tex Pro-Shell Alcatraz, you might break the mold!

Pedibus Cum Jambus 1200 S
IBA # 38875
DakarBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #834
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarBlues
Ghazi,

I am sure if you come up with a Dark Gore-Tex Pro-Shell Alcatraz, you might break the mold!
Well this information was going to be part of my next newsletter, but i guess ill leak the info since your have mentioned something similar.

All our leather gear (jacketes, the upcoming pants and the suits) are now available with TFL COOL SYSTEM and/or waterproofing treatment. IYou can opt for both treatments at the same time as well (i.e an item can have both wateproofing and TFL cool system).
So imagine, our leather mesh gear with TFL Cool and you have an even better tool against warm temperatures. The pockets on our leather gear are already waterproof, so combined with waterproof leather.... you get the idea.

So in summary:
Diego
Alcatraz
Camino
Tioga
coming soon - Saratoga (sport fit leather mesh jacket), vented leather pants, leather mesh pants

All available with waterproof leather and TFL Cool System. Website will reflect this info soon.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:54 PM   #835
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

o and did i mention that the entire waterproof suit will be less than the price of a aero transit jacket with several advantages over it (such as vents).

plz post here or msg me if you are intersted in these TFL Cool and waterproof leather products. Though the website does not reflect the info but i can still accept orders for them
Old 10-13-2009, 11:04 AM   #836
idea man
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
Quote:
Well this information was going to be part of my next newsletter, but i guess ill leak the info since your have mentioned something similar.
All our leather gear (jacketes, the upcoming pants and the suits) are now available with TFL COOL SYSTEM and/or waterproofing treatment. IYou can opt for both treatments at the same time as well (i.e an item can have both wateproofing and TFL cool system).
So imagine, our leather mesh gear with TFL Cool and you have an even better tool against warm temperatures. The pockets on our leather gear are already waterproof, so combined with waterproof leather.... you get the idea.
So in summary:
Diego
Alcatraz
Camino
Tioga
coming soon - Saratoga (sport fit leather mesh jacket), vented leather pants, leather mesh pants
All available with waterproof leather and TFL Cool System. Website will reflect this info soon.
Boy, you really need to expand your product line.....

[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]

idea man screwed with this post 10-13-2009 at 07:18 PM
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:53 PM   #837
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea man
Boy, you really need to expand your product line.....

only if you guys would be satisfied with one universal item that fits everyone and addresses everyone's needs... sighh
Old 10-14-2009, 05:48 AM   #838
DakarBlues
One-everythinged man

Oddometer: 1,274
Vented leather AND mesh offer with Pro-Shell and/or TFL?

Quote:

So in summary:
Diego
Alcatraz
Camino
Tioga

Ghazi,

will the leather differentiated line of mesh and vented survive the use of Pro-Shell ?
Will you just propose micro-perforated Pro-Shell or keep on with the current line of vented and mesh leathers?
I thought that Pro-Shell made sense only with micro-perforated leather, which is the middle point between plain vented and your version of mesh.
Also is the armor vented?

Can you elaborate there please?

Thank you

Pedibus Cum Jambus 1200 S
IBA # 38875

DakarBlues screwed with this post 10-14-2009 at 07:10 AM
DakarBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:03 AM   #839
lucas123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:

So in summary:
Diego
Alcatraz
Camino
Tioga

Awesome.
lucas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:06 AM   #840
lucas123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Are there any pics of Teiz armor anywhere? I don't recall seeing any.
lucas123 is offline   Reply With Quote