Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #1036
Gondul
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
Congrats.. you have qualified for the discounted sale pricing.. btw i love your street name...

hopefully you holy-daze will be a lil more cheerful and the in-laws wont seem as boring .....
WooHoo!! Thanks for letting me know! Oh, and one more question (yeah, I know...I should really think this all out before I start posting...) how does the shipping work? I am currently out of town and won't be home until (late) Monday...I don't think it will ship *that* quick, but I figured I would ask!

Oh and the name, I ride a Valkyrie and Göndul is the name of one of them....

Old 12-23-2009, 01:27 PM   #1037
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondul
WooHoo!! Thanks for letting me know! Oh, and one more question (yeah, I know...I should really think this all out before I start posting...) how does the shipping work? I am currently out of town and won't be home until (late) Monday...I don't think it will ship *that* quick, but I figured I would ask!

Oh and the name, I ride a Valkyrie and Göndul is the name of one of them....
lol i was talking about the street name in your address..

i have sent your order to the shipping department but because everyone wants to head out early today, i am not sure if they will ship it today. i will update your order status later tonight if they are able to send it out... even if it does go out today, i dont think fedex will be delivering anything before monday...
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #1038
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

o and even if they do make an attempt on monday, they need a signature so they will come back on tuesday...
Old 12-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #1039
Gondul
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
lol i was talking about the street name in your address..

i have sent your order to the shipping department but because everyone wants to head out early today, i am not sure if they will ship it today. i will update your order status later tonight if they are able to send it out... even if it does go out today, i dont think fedex will be delivering anything before monday...
Ohhh...that... Yeah, when I tell people the usual reaction is 'Really?' Then I usually have to whip out the old DL and show them...

Kinda of apropo actually....

Yeah, I kinda figured with the Holidays thanks for the update and info!!

Merry Whatever!!!!
Old 12-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #1040
jdpower
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
hmm.. after analyzing you case and you medical history (previous gear) i really do think that you need a change as well.. i think ideaman was right, you need some leather in you life... we have three styles:

Camino - fully vented leather jacket (best seller)
Tioga - leather mesh jacket for summer (relaxed fit)
Saratoga - leather mesh jacket with sport fit (not available online, only over the phone/email)

ofcourse, you qualify for loads of return patient discounts.

ghazi
Ghazi, you my friend are an enabler par excellance . I've had leathers before, and with some of the LD rides I do, I found leather too hot in summer and too cold in winter. I know it has best protection, but I needed more so switched to textiles. Of course, there are plenty of those to buy too. NO MORE ENABLING for the addicts out here .

JDP
jdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #1041
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpower
Ghazi, you my friend are an enabler par excellance . I've had leathers before, and with some of the LD rides I do, I found leather too hot in summer and too cold in winter. I know it has best protection, but I needed more so switched to textiles. Of course, there are plenty of those to buy too. NO MORE ENABLING for the addicts out here .

JDP
its sad really.. in your effort to fight it.. you have forgotten how good it felt..

i guess when you have the chance to try it (leather-mesh) only then you can figure out what you have been missing all this while... flows air like textile mesh jackets yet protects like leather.. what a profound concept..
Old 12-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #1042
teizgirl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
i am sad...everyone will be too busy over the holidays...guys dont forget bout us...keep us posted!
Happy Holidays everyone!!!
teizgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #1043
jdpower
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
its sad really.. in your effort to fight it.. you have forgotten how good it felt..

i guess when you have the chance to try it (leather-mesh) only then you can figure out what you have been missing all this while... flows air like textile mesh jackets yet protects like leather.. what a profound concept..
Hey Ghazi, I just got my black 2XL Lombard in via Fed EX. I had no idea it would get here that soon. You rock . I sent you a comment on your web site contact page but will comment on it here and overall assessment. It feels just about as heavy as my Aerostich Roadcrafter. It has way more vents for both upper body and lower body (none in 'stich for legs). I will have to get used to the left leg zip up procedure but am adaptable. It seems like it will have better waterproofing/resistance to leaks due to the way the flaps are on the legs and front. Those make it a bit harder to zip but not a bad tradeoff if much less H20 comes in.

I like the adjustments on the legs too. The fit seems OK on the bike when sitting and know that will mold more with time and body fitment. The only negative thing for me is that the collar flap will not reach to the closest of the three snaps on the suit side of the collar. That I hope I can rectify with either getting another snap placed closer (about 1-1 1/2 inches) or have a local shop cut the collar flap and sew in either an elastic type insert or another Cordura piece to match. Overall, at this point, I'd say it is a great deal for a one piece suit, and I'll be ride testing it in all different weather conditions. I hope it will accomodate my electric liner etc. but think it will.

JDP
Old 12-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #1044
jetli626
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
If I wanted to shorten the arms, what might the best way be? I was thinking about folding (or sort of rolling, I guess) the outer arm fabric up over itself, near the start of the cuff zipper, and then sewing all the way around. That way I wouldn't really be affecting the integrity of the suit itself.

Another idea that just struck me is a series of 4 button snap-pairs positioned in 90 degree increments around a cross section of the suit. Each male/female pair could be set lengthwise with a spacing of however much I want to take up on the sleeves. Then you just fold the sleeve lengthwise over itself and snap the button. My dad has the tools to do this, too it seems. Something similar with hook and loop velcro straps could work too I guess. Maybe this is an idea for version 3 of your suit? I don't know how many people are having arm length issues, though. It doesn't seem to be too many so far.
jetli626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #1045
Autobahn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Initial Review of the V1 Vented

Due to my height, I never expected to find a 1-piece suit that would fit without significant custom alterations. I currently wear a Tall BMW Rallye Pro II jacket and Motoport Kevlar jeans (with armour) made to match my 38" inseam Levi's. When the closeout price on the V1 Vented went down to $149, I figured I'd give it a try. I checked the size chart for these suits, and it seemed that that the Tall 2XL was very close to what I needed.

My dimensions:

Height: 6'5"
Waist: 34-35" (35" during the holidays!)
Chest: 46"
Sleeve: 36"
Neck: 16"
Inseam: 37"

Initial impressions:

The suit arrived 2 days after I placed the order online. I was surprised at how heavy the suit + thermal liner are. This is not a flimsy suit. There are more pockets and storage than I'll ever use. The fit was almost tailor-made. The armour is positioned correctly. I was worried about the torso length since most of my height is in my legs, but everything was fine. When seated, I could probably use a little bit more inseam, but it is acceptable. I got out for a ride on Christmas Eve. Temp was about 45F with moderate wind. I had jeans and a thermal long sleeve shirt on underneath, and stayed warm and comfortable for the 2-hour ride. My initial impressions are very positive and it seems to be a great product for the price.

Autobahn screwed with this post 12-26-2009 at 02:04 PM
Autobahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:16 PM   #1046
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

jd. i am glad the suit worked out for you.. for some reason your email through the website does not go through (so please send me a pm if you had any important info in it)..

jetli - yeah are also thinking of how we can put in some sort of adjustable sizing into the suits. we tried it in version 1.0 with the adjustable sleeve length zippers but it interfered with the look of the suits.

autobahn - it really does look custom fit you. i hope you wont mind if I use you picture for the site?.. love the red trim on your bimmer.

o and i hope everyone had some great holiday fun

teizms screwed with this post 12-26-2009 at 05:30 PM
Old 12-26-2009, 06:20 PM   #1047
scoprire
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
I get enough stupid comments now when I wear ATTGATT
The 1st day I walked into work wearing the hi-viz yellow, there were 2 guys from the warehouse standing there. The 1st comment I heard.....

"Ow, I think my eyes are burning"
scoprire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:42 PM   #1048
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

folks who got the jackets. please upload some pix..
and everyone else, please upload some action shot.. i would really appreciate it
Old 12-28-2009, 06:57 AM   #1049
jdpower
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
folks who got the jackets. please upload some pix..
and everyone else, please upload some action shot.. i would really appreciate it
I'll see if I can get some (if I can find a friend). I will try to send you a note on your website about my collar being too short to reach the snaps. Maybe you can send me one or two of the male side snaps (on the right side of the collar). I may find some locally that would fit too.

JDP
Old 12-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #1050
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,900
I've got a little multi-day trip starting tomorrow, dunno if I can get anything in motion but I'll try.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote