Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #1216
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aether
That Alcatraz looks teriffic.

Ghazi: You really should post more pics of the different color options of the current suits. I was not sold by the sample pictures of the white suit, but really dig the black version that was just posted in this thread. That's convinced me that I want one!

For a return customer, what would be the "customer loyalty" cost for the Alcatraz with the TFL treatments? Do you keep any standard colors in stock like with the Lombards or are they subject to the 6-8 week wait?

-A
Hi, We will definitely try to add more pictures..
We are revising the pricing structure so i will post the loyalty discounts in a day or two
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #1217
socalmoe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
broken tool

I think your size help request tool is not working I did it twice.
socalmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #1218
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalmoe
I think your size help request tool is not working I did it twice.
yea we are having some problem with the hosting server sending email. could you email me directly at info@teizms.com
or you can call me at 1-888-808-8349
Old 01-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #1219
jdpower
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 644
Ghazi, based on all these posts, I think you might be finding what most people ususally do if in any business. That is that it is impossible to please everyone all the time . Pucks-no pucks, liner-no liner, map pockets-no map pockets etc. Good luck and great patience you are showing.

I'm still waiting for a big rain to try out the Lombard in rain . I think I'll still put my wallet and cell phone in zip lock inside those front pockets until I can see that the zippers are really waterproof (this is a have to with the Roadcrafter since only waterproof pocket is inside the suit ).

JDP
jdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #1220
keiji
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 969
From my understanding, the reason nobody sells liners separately anymore is because of whatever import tarrifs/laws/whatever.

If you import a jacket with an included liner, for book keeping purposes, it counts as 1 unit.

If you import a jacket with an optional liner available for sale separately, it counts as 2 units.

I'm sure somebody crunched the numbers, and discovered that it was less hassle to just include it.
keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:31 PM   #1221
Aether
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
We are revising the pricing structure so i will post the loyalty discounts in a day or two
This begs the question, with the coming revised price structure, would one be better off placing an order today (i.e are prices going up)?
Aether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:00 AM   #1222
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Oddometer: 1,006
For those you want a map pocket, you can buy one from Aerostich:
http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-h...ow-pocket.html
At least it's removable so you can use it on your other gear. There are probably less expensive ones out there, too. I stumbled on it while web browsing and I thought I'd pass this along.

Ghazi, I think for balaclavas you should check out Under Armour's design.
The 2 piece design is pretty good I think. Also, with the price tag of UA, there's plenty of room for your company to provide value. UA many times sells high quality, unique gear but you pay a premium for it!

inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:19 AM   #1223
wabbit45
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
skierd -

Yes, I know the suit has a hood in the collar. I've had those before on other jackets and never used them. Most times, when the collar is close to the helmet and is a snug fit, the water doesn't get through the neck. At best, the neck gets a bit damp from extended riding in hard rains. Same for the cuffs on the sleeves and legs. The edges just get a bit damp. Not a big problem. I was just wondering about the general collar fit.

Hey, can anyone direct me to the thread page where the leather treatment was discussed? I know I read about someone commenting about it on his new suit, but for the life of me I can't find it now.
wabbit45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:01 PM   #1224
wabbit45
Adventurer

Balaclavas!!!

I did mention that other suits include neck gates. In reality, that's all you need. If the wind can't get into your helmet, your breathing will keep your head warm inside the helmet, even with a couple vents open.

motorcyclesuperstore.com has a TON (literally about 3 full pages) of balaclavas and neck gates - My personal favs -

My #1 pick for a neck gate -

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...kirt_Black.jpg

I like this balaclava :

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...luxe_Black.jpg

Of course, you do know that Ghazi offers his own line of balaclavas and such on his website. If you wear a full coverage balaclava make sure that it has good reviews. Some don't use very good stitching and you can feel them on your head under your helmet. It can get uncomfortable fairly quickly.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:46 PM   #1225
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

jdpower - ... :) i dont mind.. the feedback is actually helpful cuz i know whats going in everyones head

aether - worry not! i will definitely make sure that you get a good deal

masks - well compared to any brand, our thermal stuff and accessories are really high quality. you gotta try them out
Old 01-31-2010, 08:47 PM   #1226
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

omg-wtf - for version 2 we had a prototype of a removable pocket but ditched it cuz we didnt like the design..
Old 02-01-2010, 12:21 AM   #1227
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Important

Ok guys this is important news

We have a limited stock of suits and jackets that just came in so grab em while you can.. Almost all sizes are available... I have temporarily reduced the pricing for jackets as an introductory offer.. and by reduce i mean super-low. Comparable leather jackets cost upwards of $499 ..

why such low prices - i want you guys to simply try out this stuff because you will fall in love with it.. i guarantee it.. Price will go back to original price (still an amazing deal) after 3 days.

very unique and cool stuff.

teizms screwed with this post 02-01-2010 at 12:40 AM
Old 02-01-2010, 04:49 AM   #1228
wabbit45
Adventurer

Teizms -

Just a couple suggestions that would make it helpful for your readers -

When you come out with a special please post the link(s) to the webpage(s) you're referring to, or the model(s) you are referring to. That way we don't search, we're merely one or two clicks away!

Lastly, when I pick a certain color jacket or suit in your pull down menu, it's helpful for the suit or jacket picture to change to that specific color. I have seen it that way on many websites and I think it's helpful as a visual confirmation tool. That might also make it easier on your IT guy rather than trying to post a ton of larger color pics of everything you have in stock that everyone's been asking you for.

wabbit45 screwed with this post 02-01-2010 at 04:58 AM
Old 02-01-2010, 06:03 AM   #1229
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
Ok guys this is important news

We have a limited stock of suits and jackets that just came in so grab em while you can.. Almost all sizes are available... I have temporarily reduced the pricing for jackets as an introductory offer.. and by reduce i mean super-low. Comparable leather jackets cost upwards of $499 ..

why such low prices - i want you guys to simply try out this stuff because you will fall in love with it.. i guarantee it.. Price will go back to original price (still an amazing deal) after 3 days.

very unique and cool stuff.
Nice deal!
Does this include items that are shown 'out of stock'?

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:19 AM   #1230
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Oddometer: 1,006
wow. awesome sale. here's, um, an awkward question:
how does someone go "number 2" with a one piece suit on?
i am frequently in the middle of nowhere and the only restroom options are dirty gas stations.
weird question, but important!
i'd like to use the lombard for commuting and touring, that's why i'm asking.
inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote