User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
krmedbr OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
f800gs w/ cut zega pro panniers?

does anyone have pictures of this setup?

-A
krmedbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
markymcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by krmedbr
does anyone have pictures of this setup?

-A

As far as I know the Zega Pros don't have cutaways. The regular Zega Panniers do though.

There is a not too bad shot of the rear of the 800 with the 41/41 cutaways on the Touratech Website but that's all I've seen.

cheers,
Mark
Old 02-28-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
craftycoder
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,257
FWIW, I don't like these panniers. The bike too fat and they are not very sturdy.
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
oclv454
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
I talked to Touratech yesterday about the special panniers (cut) for the F800GS. The salesperson really liked the Zega "Classic" special. Both sides (exhaust and gas filler) are tucked in closer to the frame. The bags end up with 34 liter/41 liter, although the lids are the same size. Nice looking set up. Keeps the weight closer to the bike. They use 1.5mm aluminum on purpose to provide a "crumple zone" in the case of a drop. In other words, it's a design issue, not cost or weight issue. He really likes the new Zega Pros for the new lid design. He checked with his purchaser who talks to Germany often and was told that as of now there are no plans to do a Zega Pro Special (cut for exhaust). He was told that the frame work was very difficult to do on the Zega Classic Special and as of now they didn't want to go down that road again. The new Zega Pro's are available in bare aluminum, anodized silver, and anodized black. oclv454
oclv454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
Aether
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by oclv454
I talked to Touratech yesterday about the special panniers (cut) for the F800GS. The salesperson really liked the Zega "Classic" special. Both sides (exhaust and gas filler) are tucked in closer to the frame. The bags end up with 34 liter/41 liter, although the lids are the same size. Nice looking set up. Keeps the weight closer to the bike. They use 1.5mm aluminum on purpose to provide a "crumple zone" in the case of a drop. In other words, it's a design issue, not cost or weight issue. He really likes the new Zega Pros for the new lid design. He checked with his purchaser who talks to Germany often and was told that as of now there are no plans to do a Zega Pro Special (cut for exhaust). He was told that the frame work was very difficult to do on the Zega Classic Special and as of now they didn't want to go down that road again. The new Zega Pro's are available in bare aluminum, anodized silver, and anodized black. oclv454
SNIFF SNIFF... Do I smell an ad?
Aether is offline   Reply With Quote