Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #136
Luckycharms
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Him and his wife have been at the big sky rally in Montana for the past week, give him a chance to write back to you.
Luckycharms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:11 AM   #137
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckycharms View Post
Him and his wife have been at the big sky rally in Montana for the past week, give him a chance to write back to you.
Thanks...
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #138
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,285
I am addicted to this stuff...had to order a smaller shirt..lost weight and ordered more Drymax socks..they are comfy and work
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #139
mariowink OP
Comfort Rider

Oddometer: 118
LDComfort and Drymax socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Mario, regarding Drymax Work Crew socks: At size 8 to 8.5 depending on the shoe, I'm borderline between medium and large and don't like a tight sock. Which do you recommend and when do you expect to get more large size Drymax Work Crew socks in stock?

Also, do you ship any other way besides USPS priority? The cost from WA to FL was a bit more than expected.

Thanks.
The general rule for LDComfort products is that you should not move up to the next size if you measure "between sizes." We do NOT make compression gear and none of our products are made to fit tight. I wear a size 12 boot that makes me an X-Large in the Drymax socks. I wear them every day. I have a pair of the Large and can wear it as well with no trouble. The Medium should work fine for you. I sent a private message with this information as well. Pick the first class shipping for smaller orders. USPS will default to Priority Shipping if the weight of the order makes it a better choice.

The Big Sky Rally in Montana was grand. I rode 1,200+ miles in 32 hours with a motel rest in the middle. I qualified as a "finisher" but was no where near a podium finish. The "Into The Unknown" rally in Big Sky Montana was hosted by Bob and Sylvie Torter and designed by Brian Roberts. The theme was to follow and learn the historic route of the Lewis and Clark expedition.
I saw some stunningly gorgeous scenery and danced around some huge storms in Oregon and Idaho. I use my LDComfort Long Sleeve Shirt as my cooling garment and never worried about the mid day heat.

Anyway....Thanks for all the great reports. If you tell other riders how well the LDComfort works they might try some and learn for themselves. :)

mariowink screwed with this post 09-09-2013 at 02:36 PM
mariowink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:27 AM   #140
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,592
I bought two pair of the new socks for my recent 18 day adventure and love them... best riding socks I have ever worn. I am going to have to get a few more pair...
Mr. Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #141
eap
El Adventurero Solitario

Oddometer: 3,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowink View Post
The general rule for LDComfort products is that you should not move up to the next size if you measure "between sizes." SNIP....

Anyway....Thanks for all the great reports. If you tell other riders how well the LDComfort works they might try some and learn for themselves. :)
I really like my shorts and the ADV discount (ADV7SHIP) but it would be great if you'd offer the PayPal option so I can tap into my on line (super secret) moto fund - I'd like to purchase gifts for others and prefer to use PP.

Thanks
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride," -From 'Eldorado', Edgar Allen Poe (1849) http://www.eapoe.org/works/poems/eldrdoa.htm
eap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:58 PM   #142
mariowink OP
Comfort Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by eap View Post
I really like my shorts and the ADV discount (ADV7SHIP) but it would be great if you'd offer the PayPal option so I can tap into my on line (super secret) moto fund - I'd like to purchase gifts for others and prefer to use PP.

Thanks
We did try the PayPal option for LDComfort products but had to discontinue because PayPal can decide to hold funds if they decide there is a discrepancy. That was an uncomfortable situation for our company as well as our customers and there was little recourse. We do have a gift certificate option in our on-line store. Thanks so much! Mario
Old 02-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #143
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,285
Wearing my LD 1/4 zip top and pants skiing today. Awesome just like when I'm on the bike.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:52 PM   #144
mariowink OP
Comfort Rider

Skiing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
Wearing my LD 1/4 zip top and pants skiing today. Awesome just like when I'm on the bike.
Yes, the LDComfort garments work very well for many activities. Skiing, hunting, kayaking, fishing, etc. Since the winter snows have covered much of the country people without power found they have no trouble because they wear their LDComfort in the house too.
Thanks for the feedback. :)
Old 02-20-2014, 06:00 PM   #145
mariowink OP
Comfort Rider

Winter Helmet liner

Many of our friends ride in all weather and cold does not deter them from enjoying their rides. To help our customers we designed a winter helmet liner. We took the top of our popular helmet liner and added a thicker bottom to wrap the neck and face. The upper is thin enough to fit under the helmet and the lower is thick enough to protect from the cold. Both the upper and lower are made with the "dual layer fabric" that stays dry on the inside. I made a video to show the product.
You can see it here: http://ldcomfort.com/store/product.p...8&cat=6&page=1

Enjoy!!!
Old 06-27-2014, 04:17 PM   #146
Tripletreat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
I visited the L D Comfort website. Where on the on-line order form does one enter the Adv7Ship discount code?
Or did that opportunity go away?
Old 06-29-2014, 08:47 PM   #147
Travman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
New Feature Request

I've been wearing LD shorts for several years. For the last month I've been testing and comparing my LD shorts to the Motoskivies. At first I liked their shorts but after several rides and walking around, the pads bug me. The one feature those shorts have and would love to see on the LD men's short, is a pocket for the boys. Adding that feature would make the LD shorts damn near perfect and anatomically correct.

Any chance of that?

2014 BMW R1200 GSA
2011 BMW R1200RT - gone
2008 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 - gone
Travman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:47 PM   #148
brbo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Coolaid ordered....

I cant believe there is a thread on underwear of 10 pages... I just ordered a long sleeve and tights to see what all the fuss is about...

Mario how do they do for slicing bread ?

I've got an IB TCQ in a couple weeks..should be a good test ?

brbo screwed with this post 08-01-2014 at 03:54 PM
brbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #149
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,952
Love my LD Comfort gear! The only thing I don't like about them is the fly; it's just big enough to cut off the flow so I just tug the shorts down in front to pump bilges.

That said, the fly makes a great place to hold your iPhone on breaks!
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #150
ShineySideUp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
I recently got back from a 3400 mile trip in 7 days. Wore my LDC knit cap, long sleeve shirt and shorts. two of the days temps were 100-110 for hours and hours. During stops I would wet my cap, wet the sleeves of the shirt and put on my cool vest [non LDC product] under my mesh jacket, with wind liner. I was very comfortable the entire trip. These products work as advertised for me.
One of the guys I was riding with had the cap and long LDC shirt under his black leather jacket. I asked him after our second hot day how he was doing. he said he would wet the sleeves and the upper chest area and he was fine.

I also bought their socks and they work well.

I wonder where that road goes?
ShineySideUp is offline   Reply With Quote