Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2009, 11:12 PM   #46
mariowink OP
Comfort Rider

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolMike
Just got home from a 15-day 6500-mile ride through TX, NM, AZ, CA, NV, UT, ID, MT, WY, NB, KS, OK and back to TX. Temperatures ranged from 36F to 107F. Took extra riding clothes but ended up wearing the same thing every day (washed out each night, of course): LD Comfort long-sleeve shirt, LD Comfort tights, Tech Sox, Side Sport boots and Darien jacket and pants.

Following Mario's instructions on the LDComfort site (www.ldcomfort.com) I was completely comfortable in all conditions. I can't say enough about the LDComfort undergarments paired with the Aerostitch Darien. I was rained on most of the 15 days but stayed dry and comfortable. At 107F in Death Valley I controlled the airflow through the jacket vents just as Mario's instructions and was completely comfortable (it was damned hot when I stopped though). I only added the Darien jacket liner when the temps dipped into the 50s; the LDComfort stuff really extends the range of comfortable temps.

A big thumbs up Mario!!!!
I'd sure like to post this on our website so others can read about the truth of our advertising. Amazing how the cooling system works in 107 degrees. I have only tested that technique to 120 degrees but it worked well then too.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #47
mariowink OP
Comfort Rider

LDComfort at BMW-MOA Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
I'll be looking for your booth at the MOA rally next month. I need to try some of your garments
We will be there. I look forward to seeing you. Mario
Old 06-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #48
mariowink OP
Comfort Rider

LDComfort is coolest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsavage
Thought I'd try their undies since I live in Texas and it is hotter than hell right now. Went on a 200 mile ride today in temperatures that ranged from 95 to 100. These are better than advertised. I was wondering if my purchase was worth it......yes, without a doubt. Want a t-shrit now. If you ride in hot weather do your butt and cajones a favor, spend the money and keep 'em cool.
Glad you found out they work the best. I love it when someone finally gets to enjoy what everyone should enjoy....every mile! Thanks for the feedback.
Mario
Old 06-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #49
OldSchoolMike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Laugh Quote away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowink
I'd sure like to post this on our website so others can read about the truth of our advertising. Amazing how the cooling system works in 107 degrees. I have only tested that technique to 120 degrees but it worked well then too.

Thanks for the feedback.
I'll be able to tell my friends I'm a published author !
OldSchoolMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:42 AM   #50
sparkzRflyin
Off we go....

Oddometer: 8
The best!

I bought some shorts and tights for a 10 day trip for my husband and myself (I ride too). We loved them - cold when we started and really hot at the VA moto guzzi rally. My very frugal husband thanked me many times for overriding him and buying them.
sparkzRflyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #51
mariowink OP
Comfort Rider

Weather or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkzRflyin
I bought some shorts and tights for a 10 day trip for my husband and myself (I ride too). We loved them - cold when we started and really hot at the VA moto guzzi rally. My very frugal husband thanked me many times for overriding him and buying them.
With the colder weather coming (here) know that the long sleeve shirts and tights are supreme for those who dare ride in winter weather.
Mario
Old 10-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #52
12voltclothing
Banned

Oddometer: 130
I have the comfort shorts for men. Only thing I don't like is how tight the fit is around my thighs. After awhile it really bugs me feeling the shorts pressuring my thighs. Waist area fits fine.
I'm a average guy, not a body builder, just wish the shorts were wider at the thigh area. Otherwise a nice product
12voltclothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #53
Motera
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowink
With the colder weather coming (here) know that the long sleeve shirts and tights are supreme for those who dare ride in winter weather.
Mario
What is life but a daring adventure
Hi Mario!
Motera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #54
mariowink OP
Comfort Rider

Cool Sleeves

Here is a head's up for this group. Be the first to know that LDComfort has their Comfort Cool Sleeves on sale at a 32% discount. You can use these to help keep you cool when it is 120 degrees or to help keep you warm in the winter. Quick on and off makes the Cool Sleeves a handy accessory for any tank bag. Go here and see just above the special offers button on the home page.
www.LDComfort.com

Enjoy every mile!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #55
Mike Honcho
Got Beaver?

Oddometer: 2,363
Mario! I love the product and look forward to picking up a few more before this years riding season. I shot you a quick pm as well!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #56
SeeRace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Mario,
I ordered a pair of shorts and tights Monday and have them already this Wednesday in Georgia. Great Service. One question, are you supposed to wear the shorts under the long tights? I have an enduro ride this weekend most likely in wet conditions.

Thanks,
Dave
SeeRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #57
SeeRace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Sorry,
Stupid question. I realized they were made the same after I opened the package
SeeRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #58
mariowink OP
Comfort Rider

LDComfort shorts and tights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeRace
Sorry,
Stupid question. I realized they were made the same after I opened the package
The LDComfort Riding Shorts are our most popular garment. The Riding longs or tights are often used by riders doing multiple long distance rides in all kinds of weather. The long version gives you protection all the way to the ankles. I have to admit I used my LDComfort Riding Shorts under a pair of LDComfort Riding Tights when I was sitting on metal bleachers during a winter football game. One a bike ride I never do that. On a longer ride of 1000-1500 miles in a day I wear the long version. In temperatures of 120 degrees I wear the long version.

Comfort you can count on when every mile counts.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:05 AM   #59
1LIFE2LIVE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,042
Quick question:

I own an 08RT with the standard seat and add when necessary an airhawk and alaska sheepskin by themselves or a combination of the two depending on the distance I travel and still get a sore butt after about 300+ miles.

It sounds like these would help, just curious if they replace the need for the airhawk/sheepskin?

I've been thinking of dropping the big coin on a Russell Day Long....

Any and all input will be appreciated!

THANKS,
1LIFE2LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #60
UncleHowie
Dances with Buffalo

Oddometer: 405
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LIFE2LIVE
Quick question:

I own an 08RT with the standard seat and add when necessary an airhawk and alaska sheepskin by themselves or a combination of the two depending on the distance I travel and still get a sore butt after about 300+ miles.

It sounds like these would help, just curious if they replace the need for the airhawk/sheepskin?

I've been thinking of dropping the big coin on a Russell Day Long....

Any and all input will be appreciated!

THANKS,
On the surface, $45 underwear and a $500 seat seem pricey. That said, I think they're worth every penny!

IMHO, the LDComfort will definitely help. They probably won't replace your need for the Airhawk or sheepskin- that's asking the shorts to overcome all of your seat's shortcomings- not entirely reasonable.

I wear the LDComfort regularly. With my Russell (leather top) I can ride all day (a little over 800 miles is my longest day, but 500 miles is more typical) and not get a sore butt. I no longer find much need to shift around in the seat, and I never have to switch weight between cheeks to get relief from a sore rear any more.

I can get tired, stiff, etc.- but my butt won't be sore!

Both of these products have worked well for me. Based on my experience, I would recommend them to anybody!

UncleHowie screwed with this post 02-12-2010 at 11:56 AM
UncleHowie is offline   Reply With Quote