Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2007, 06:54 PM   #1651
eoR
Thanks For Noticing Me

Oddometer: 4,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREVER HANDSOME
Can I post a higher res picture than the 146kb limit as per instructions?
I REALLY want you to see that smile.
HANDSOME
In order to post high resolution photos, you will need to have your photo hosted somewhere like photobucket or smugmug and link to it.

My continuing tale of life and riding in the Arkansas Ozarks: Wandering About In The Hundred [Thousand] Acre Wood
eoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #1652
eoR
Thanks For Noticing Me

Oddometer: 4,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimblack
Well, got the bike home a couple hours ago. Trailered it home because some of the roads here are still bad. I decided I couldnt look at it anymore and thought I would take a spin around the block. Threw a leg over it, turned the key, waited for it to cycle and click, click, click................I was sick. The dealer started it up before we put in on trailer. I have no Idea. The battey seems charged......................oh well. Another night of reading the forums.....................

jb
I believe the 1200GS will start in gear if you depress the clutch after the boot up sequence. For simplicity's sake at this point, you should confirm that it is in neutral before attempting to start it.

Be aware that the immobilizer system can get a little confused if you have any keys other than the BMW bike key on the ring/fob. When the immobilizer is activated everything electronic works except the ignition.

A car key with a chip in it can really cause problems, and I've seen evidence that my simple helmet lock key causes the immobilizer to glitch out occasionally. When this happens, you can remove and re-insert the key into the ignition and try again. The best way to avoid this is to have no other keys on the ring/fob with the BMW key.

Of course it is possible that the battery is weak, depending on whether the dealer fully charged it before installation or how long the bike has been sitting, how cold it has been, etc.

It sucks when a new toy doesn't work, but I'm positive you will like the bike.

My continuing tale of life and riding in the Arkansas Ozarks: Wandering About In The Hundred [Thousand] Acre Wood

eoR screwed with this post 04-07-2007 at 10:07 AM
eoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:23 PM   #1653
PawnBroker
Banned

Oddometer: 1,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy08
Kick stand KILL switch? Make sure the kickstand is up or the bikes is in "N". I hope?

The smallest thing, but it got me a few times when I just got the bike. Also, make sure you press the start button ONLY after the computer has checked itself. I once stalled in heavy D.C. traffic and in a panic tried to re-start the bike only to realize that I had to shut it off completely and re-start after the computer finished with the system check. Just my .02.

PB
PawnBroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:32 AM   #1654
jimblack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Bad Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNL
JB - that is a bit of bad news....let me know how you fair. It will most likely be something minor....and that frown will then be gone!

I will be interested though....four weeks and counting.

cheers and good luck
DNL
It was a bad battery. Dealer gave me a new one today...............all is well, except for the icy roads.

JB
jimblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #1655
catsfive
30,000 kms since 2006

Oddometer: 257
A couple more pix...

My name is Monty, I'm a photographer... I took these shots of my R12GS and thought I'd share:

1980 Vespa P200E (Yin)
"Where I'm going, you cannot follow." - Marko Ramius

RESPEK. It's not even in the dictionary anymore.
catsfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:09 PM   #1656
Nitzo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,861
This is a ferry crossing on the St.John's river in Jacksonville, FL.

Nitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:32 PM   #1657
FOREVER HANDSOME
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 244
wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsfive
My name is Monty, I'm a photographer... I took these shots of my R12GS and thought I'd share:

Wow, those are great pics. Almost makes the blue look good. What exhaust is that?
Handsome
FOREVER HANDSOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:16 AM   #1658
anthony77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Hi All... A pic of my newish 1200 GSA at Mount Hotham in Victoria on a recent trip.....
Attached Images

anthony77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:53 AM   #1659
Beast Rider
Beast Rider

Oddometer: 1,400
So I picked up the new beast about 10 months ago....it was an easy sell to my SO. Can you imagine I said....finally a bike that right out of the box will never ever need one single addition to it. Think of all the money saved....think of our additional quality time together....its perfect just the way it comes from the dealer. So here it is..you will notice in the picture that the seat does not appear to be stock....you see when I rode home I realized that the seat was not all that comfortable so I said to my SO....Honey....we are going to ride long distances on this bike and I want you to be comfy....so I got a Sargent seat for HER...thoughtful don't you think.

Beast Rider screwed with this post 04-10-2007 at 02:33 PM
Beast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:01 PM   #1660
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Rider
So I picked up the new beast about 10 months ago....it was an easy sell to my SO. Can you imagine I said....finally a bike that right out of the box will never need one single addition to it. Think of all the money saved....think of our additional quality time together....its perfect just the way it comes from the dealer. So here it is..
and she believed you?!

Damn! you should sell ice to eskimos!

M
Old 04-10-2007, 12:05 PM   #1661
Beast Rider
Beast Rider

I did notice when I was parked in the driveway that the side stand seemed to dig into the gravel more than what I would have liked....mentioned this to the SO...and she agreed...it would be a terrible thing if this wonderful machine were to tip over...given the various riding conditions and places we were now able to go....Wunderlich big foot to the rescue...

Old 04-10-2007, 12:15 PM   #1662
Beast Rider
Beast Rider

I started to think about what a congested part of the country we live in so I mentioned to my SO that it would be smart, (for safety's sake you know)..that we should be more noticeable to cage drivers. She agreed and wondered why she had not thought of that....so....added some Brake Leds...which of course are $100 versus $50 for hyper lights...but they look like they came with the bike And Motolights....you know the 3 points of light deal

Beast Rider screwed with this post 04-10-2007 at 04:01 PM
Old 04-10-2007, 12:19 PM   #1663
Beast Rider
Beast Rider

Indeed the motolight switch seemed like it really did not go well with the lines of the bike....however...BMW in their infinate wisdom left a blank spot on the OEM fog light housing...perfect....bad news was a switch just like the one already there was $83 However.....showed my SO just how thrifty I was...got one for $25...what a good man...

Beast Rider screwed with this post 04-10-2007 at 01:15 PM
Old 04-10-2007, 12:23 PM   #1664
Beast Rider
Beast Rider

So as you can see...this bike is indeed PERFECT...right out of the box. I was thinking however...that given this was a machine that you could travel to the far ends of the earth on...that just maybe my SO would want to talk to me from time to time, (communication= Matrimonial bliss) as we were going down the road. She could not believe how thoughtful I was...Autocom to the rescue...

Beast Rider screwed with this post 04-10-2007 at 01:16 PM
Old 04-10-2007, 12:29 PM   #1665
Beast Rider
Beast Rider

Always mindful of my sweeties comfort....she does get cold hands from time to time....and we were certainly going to be riding in all sorts of weather on this fantastic machine....needed, (for her comfort) a Gerbings set up with heat controller, so she could set her gloves at just the right temperature...I also got a pair so she did not feel bad about me spending money on her..very considerate don't you think? Also suggested, so we would never be lost, that a GPS unit would be good to be able to find that special romantic B&B that she so enjoys...

Beast Rider screwed with this post 04-10-2007 at 03:35 PM