ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #2326
JasonWolf
Homo Homini Lupus
 
JasonWolf's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Athens - GR
Oddometer: 96
Hey AdventureRider, real great photos.
You could win last year BMW competition for 2008 calendar !!! (Prize was 500euro plus the publishing on BMW motorrad calendar)

Could you please post somewhere these photos (specially 2,3,4) on 1024x768 to be used as desktop themes or screen savers ?

Thank you.
__________________
Senri no ko mo ippo yori hajimaru
THINK DIRTY - Treat Dirt Like Dirt
JasonWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:38 AM   #2327
Adventurebiker
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Devon, England
Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin
Hey AdventureRider, real great photos.
You could win last year BMW competition for 2008 calendar !!! (Prize was 500euro plus the publishing on BMW motorrad calendar)

Could you please post somewhere these photos (specially 2,3,4) on 1024x768 to be used as desktop themes or screen savers ?

Thank you.
Thanks for kind words..........

What competition? Have you details of next years? Any links to this years winners? I have hundreds of photos......these are not the best!!!

Adventurebiker screwed with this post 02-01-2008 at 08:51 AM
Adventurebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #2328
JasonWolf
Homo Homini Lupus
 
JasonWolf's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Athens - GR
Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurebiker
Thanks for kind words..........

What competition? Have you details of next years? Any links to this years winners?
Go here, you will see also the 2008 winners photos

http://specials.bmw-motorrad.com/spe...ndar_main.html
__________________
Senri no ko mo ippo yori hajimaru
THINK DIRTY - Treat Dirt Like Dirt
JasonWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:17 AM   #2329
Adventurebiker
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Devon, England
Oddometer: 51
...Cheers Marvin......
Adventurebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #2330
Archangel
GS Heaven
 
Archangel's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: BC, CAN
Oddometer: 140
Okay my turn. Just picked her up last week. Unfortunately, no riding yet.

__________________
______________________________________________
05 BMW R1200GS
86 Honda XR 100 (for mini racing!)
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #2331
ECM
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ECM's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurebiker
This is my baby....


<& SOME VERY NICE PICTURES>
These are great pictures!! If you got (very) high res versions of it, they might even get to our 2009 calender.

Good job! Looking into your sticker link as well. Thanks.
ECM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #2332
redbarchettags
Uh, Yea!
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: South Eastern PA
Oddometer: 20
My headache medicine

Hey fellas,

I've been here a while. I thought it's time to show you mine.
Attached Images
 
__________________
GS=Dirty little road burner!
redbarchettags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #2333
Rick West
Function not Farkles
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Out West For Awhile
Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazinger
I have almost finished my conversion of my '04 GS12 into an Adventure (but 30 kgs lighter). In the next change of tyres I will electroplate the wheel rims in black....








Rgds
MAZ
It looks like you added the plastic beak and a bigger windshield to the GS12 Basic. How does that make it a Adventure?

Rick
Rick West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:06 PM   #2334
RoundTrip
Unintentional deerslayer
 
RoundTrip's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Sunny Tucson AZ
Oddometer: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick West
It looks like you added the plastic beak and a bigger windshield to the GS12 Basic. How does that make it a Adventure?

Rick
Well...that's an OEM GSA windscreen setup....

-jeff
__________________
48 States / 30 Days...May-June 2008 - 07 GS Adventure

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
- Thomas Jefferson
RoundTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #2335
Stanza
R1200GS Mmmmm
 
Stanza's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick West
It looks like you added the plastic beak and a bigger windshield to the GS12 Basic. How does that make it a Adventure?

Rick
Looks like he has

suspension
tank
crashbars
seats

as well, so definately makes it closer to an ADV I would say
__________________
Stanza - Tony
Well-trained reflexes are quicker than luck.
Never be afraid to slow down.
Riding faster than everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone.
Stanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #2336
FizDog
sucks on dirt
 
FizDog's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Ellicott City, Maryland
Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurebiker
........well Fizdog, basically turn around and ride like the wind! I've posted my trip on other links but click below for little florish of photos and music.............

http://www.youtube.com/v/yxIZ-zjD-aU&rel=1
Well done!

Looked like quite an adventure. Thanks for sharing!
FizDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:46 PM   #2337
baddkarma
n00b
 
baddkarma's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Dutch Harbor, Alaska
Oddometer: 4
Laugh At Devil's Tower...

In front of Devil's Tower after a trip to Sturgis and a few national parks this last summer.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.-Hellen Keller
baddkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:41 AM   #2338
mazinger
Adventurer
 
mazinger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Madrid, SPAIN
Oddometer: 87
Hi Rick,
Obviously it is not an Adventure.
But as Stanza and Jeff have noticed I have done some aesthetical changes:
-OEM Windshield and side deflectors
-Crashbars from Hepco&Backer (engine and tank guards)
-Reupholster my OEM high seat
-Painted in matt black the side panels and tank aluminums
-Auxiliary lights
-Some Touratech parts (mostly protections for off road use)

About the suspenssion in the picture they were not mounted yet, but I have bought a couple of Adventure shocks to have some more suspenssion travel (I like going off road with the GS)
Normally I ride on TCK but I had just return from an on road trip (2000 kms) with my wife so I had the Tourance on...

So I have the looks and aerodynamic protection of the Adventure (I like very much that bike), but I have the weight of the standard one...

Rgds
MAZ
Spain
mazinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:46 AM   #2339
Adventurebiker
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Devon, England
Oddometer: 51
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazinger
Hi Rick,
Obviously it is not an Adventure.
But as Stanza and Jeff have noticed I have done some aesthetical changes:
-OEM Windshield and side deflectors
-Crashbars from Hepco&Backer (engine and tank guards)
-Reupholster my OEM high seat
-Painted in matt black the side panels and tank aluminums
-Auxiliary lights
-Some Touratech parts (mostly protections for off road use)

About the suspenssion in the picture they were not mounted yet, but I have bought a couple of Adventure shocks to have some more suspenssion travel (I like going off road with the GS)
Normally I ride on TCK but I had just return from an on road trip (2000 kms) with my wife so I had the Tourance on...

So I have the looks and aerodynamic protection of the Adventure (I like very much that bike), but I have the weight of the standard one...

Rgds
MAZ
Spain
If you tried to convert your standard GS to an Adventure then it'll end up being the same weight! You are not saving weight by buying a standard bike then bolting on bits now are you? You still have the Smaller Tank, havent got the rear subframe and mountings for the ADV panniers, pot covers, second windscreen brace, handle bars are not alloy, cosmetically the forks and wheels and frame are silver and not black....etc
All you have done is bought the wrong bike for yourself and the convesion will end up costing you more...without ever owning a real Adventure? But you have not saved 30Kg as you have stated! The standard GS is lighter than the ADV because it does not have all the bits that you are slowly bolting on to your bike...lol

Adventurebiker screwed with this post 02-04-2008 at 04:57 AM
Adventurebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:33 AM   #2340
mazinger
Adventurer
 
mazinger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Madrid, SPAIN
Oddometer: 87
I bought the bike in March 2004 (first series) when they were released to market...no Adventure were at sight then...it is now a veteran! I will get one of the new '08 models in a few months, when the people that made a mistake by buying one sell them with a very few miles on it...The new one (I already test it) I like better, mostly because of the lower gears (better for off road and city use too).
Regarding the weight, my bike feel much lighter than the adventure (not really because of the weight...who really cares between 235 and 255 kgs? but also because of the thinner tank...)
I repeat, it is just for the looks...
Anyway I will get the real information on how much weight I have added by weighting part by part...I feel curious about it!! .....although I don't think I have added more than 5 kgs....to the standard GS...
The bike climbs quite well though...







Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurebiker
If you tried to convert your standard GS to an Adventure then it'll end up being the same weight! You are not saving weight by buying a standard bike then bolting on bits now are you? You still have the Smaller Tank, havent got the rear subframe and mountings for the ADV panniers, pot covers, second windscreen brace, handle bars are not alloy, cosmetically the forks and wheels and frame are silver and not black....etc
All you have done is bought the wrong bike for yourself and the convesion will end up costing you more...without ever owning a real Adventure? But you have not saved 30Kg as you have stated! The standard GS is lighter than the ADV because it does not have all the bits that you are slowly bolting on to your bike...lol
mazinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014