Here some pics of my baby called Nikita

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-02-2014, 08:31 PM   #8147
Danger4u2
'04KX500isDanger4u2

Oddometer: 663
My first BMW. 2011 R1200GSA with 31,400 miles. It was taken in trade at one of the local Honda dealers.
They were asking $15,999 on Craigslist and CycleTrader. I've been using SearchTempest (Craigslist search engine)
every day for 10 months trying to find a GS/GSA in good condition with 30,000 miles or less. That's how I found it.
I called and started asking a few questions...he interrupted saying he wants it out of his inventory and would take $14,000.
I sold one of my bikes that night and arranged financing the next day. Called him with an offer of $13,000 and he said "come and get it".

Pulled off the boxes to do a little cleaning and found this.

It has an extra power port for heated vest/coat. And a OptiMate hard wired pig tail. I pulled the seats
to look things over and found this.

Honda dealer installed a new Heidenau rear tire. Front was a little worn so I ordered a Heidenau for it.
It has an LED brake light below the tag that flashes a few times before going full on red.

Has the BMW NAV 4 Garmin GPS.

I drove it to BMW of Tulsa on Friday to pick up a few oil filters, a set of bar risers and order an extra key. They told me a guy from
OKC owned the bike and BMW of Tulsa did all the service on the bike. They said I got a good deal on the bike.
I thought I got a smoking HOT deal. Now it's time to set it up to fit me.

Danger4u2 screwed with this post 04-04-2014 at 07:36 PM
Danger4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:31 PM   #8148
Fijibubba
Pavelow guy

Oddometer: 41
I went for a ride today up PCH from Laguna beach to Malibu stopping at Neptune's Net for lunch. Before the ride I added some goodies.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Old 04-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #8149
mbbaumer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Southeastern Colorado Ride

Great ride in Southeastern Colorado!
Attached Images

mbbaumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:53 AM   #8150
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijibubba View Post
I went for a ride today up PCH from Laguna beach to Malibu stopping at Neptune's Net for lunch. Before the ride I added some goodies.
<
I don't often see two roto packs on a GSA. What's the situation where you need so much fuel capacity?
I did the run to Deadhorse last summer with the stock GSA tank (08) without a issue.
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:00 AM   #8151
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,913
Friends with volume-challenged gas tanks?
NoVa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #8152
Matt-tastic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger4u2 View Post
My first BMW. 2011 R1200GSA with 31,400 miles. It was taken in trade at one of the local Honda dealers.
They were asking $15,999 on Craigslist and CycleTrader. I've been using SearchTempest (Craigslist search engine)
every day for 10 months trying to find a GS/GSA in good condition with 30,000 miles or less. That's how I found it.
I called and started asking a few questions...he interrupted saying he wants it out of his inventory and would take $14,000.
I sold one of my bikes that night and arranged financing the next day. Called him with an offer of $13,000 and he said "come and get it".

Pulled off the boxes to do a little cleaning and found this.

It has an extra power port for heated vest/coat. And a OptiMate hard wired pig tail. I pulled the seats
to look things over and found this.

Honda dealer installed a new Heidenau rear tire. Front was a little worn so I ordered a Heidenau for it.
It has an LED brake light below the tag that flashes a few times before going full on red.

Has the BMW NAV 4 Garmin GPS.

I drove it to BMW of Tulsa on Friday to pick up a few oil filters, a set of bar risers and order an extra key. They told me a guy from
OKC owned the bike and BMW of Tulsa did all the service on the bike. They said I got a good deal on the bike.
I thought I got a smoking HOT deal. Now it's time to set it up to fit me.

GEEZ!!!! You're that guy!!!...lol.... I made him the same offer a few weeks prior and it was up in Tulsa getting serviced. Glad you got a good deal on it!!! I ended up having to drive half way to the east coast to pick one up...lol.... I'm glad there's now a total of what, 6? GSA's in OKC now though!!!...lol....
Matt-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #8153
Matt-tastic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Finally got back with one I drove to Nashville to pickup! Even got to stop by and do some sightseeing in Memphis and Nashville!

Matt-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #8154
Fijibubba
Pavelow guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRider View Post
I don't often see two roto packs on a GSA. What's the situation where you need so much fuel capacity?
I did the run to Deadhorse last summer with the stock GSA tank (08) without a issue.
You make a wonderful point. Its more for the guys I ride with. Been on a few rides where we have to turn around and head back so they can fill up which gets old. It was an easy solution as I have the room and flat mounting surfaces for the paxs. This summer I plan on picking up a rotopax for water for camping so this will come in handy.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #8155
Fijibubba
Pavelow guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa Rider View Post
Friends with volume-challenged gas tanks?
You hit the nail on the head. :)
Old 04-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #8156
DRZBRI
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Had mine for a bit less than a year. Bought this 08 with 4600 miles on it. It looked absolutely new save a bit of tire wear when I picked it up.
A few weeks after buying.

Now

Best bike I've owned to date.

08 R1200GS
98 VTR1000f
07 DRZ400s
DRZBRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #8157
Danger4u2
'04KX500isDanger4u2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-tastic View Post
GEEZ!!!! You're that guy!!!...lol.... I made him the same offer a few weeks prior and it was up in Tulsa getting serviced. Glad you got a good deal on it!!! I ended up having to drive half way to the east coast to pick one up...lol.... I'm glad there's now a total of what, 6? GSA's in OKC now though!!!...lol....
I'm glad he didn't take your offer. I guess he was saying "we should have taken that last offer" then I showed up. Did you find your bike on Craigs?
Old 04-07-2014, 11:07 PM   #8158
GSPeP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,253

- FB: www.facebook.com/peter.perdaen
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/1150GSPEP/videos
GSPeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:40 AM   #8159
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijibubba View Post
You hit the nail on the head. :)
Some of the guys I went with to Alaska had small tanks. It's a long ride, so we were moving pretty quickly. Gas mileage was pretty bad, I'm sure. We had to stop almost every 90 min, or two hours to fuel up. They were all carrying rotopax, but it was just easier to stop at the station. The problem gets worse when you take off helmets and gloves and call home or check email every 90 minutes..
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:22 AM   #8160
Danger4u2
'04KX500isDanger4u2

In the ocean of Harleys...............

In the ocean of Harleys.....................the island of sanctuary.

Forget this follow the leader to the parking lot...over the curb and park.

Danger4u2 screwed with this post 04-09-2014 at 08:09 AM Reason: add picture
Danger4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote