ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 02:07 AM   #8146
Rubberduckxi
Adventurer
 
Rubberduckxi's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Switzerland
Oddometer: 10
Here some pics of my baby called Nikita

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
__________________
____________________
Regards RUBBERDUCKXI
Rubberduckxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:31 PM   #8147
Danger4u2
'04KX500isDanger4u2
 
Danger4u2's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: OKC
Oddometer: 663
My first BMW. 2011 R1200GSA with 31,400 miles. It was taken in trade at one of the local Honda dealers.
They were asking $15,999 on Craigslist and CycleTrader. I've been using SearchTempest (Craigslist search engine)
every day for 10 months trying to find a GS/GSA in good condition with 30,000 miles or less. That's how I found it.
I called and started asking a few questions...he interrupted saying he wants it out of his inventory and would take $14,000.
I sold one of my bikes that night and arranged financing the next day. Called him with an offer of $13,000 and he said "come and get it".



Pulled off the boxes to do a little cleaning and found this.



It has an extra power port for heated vest/coat. And a OptiMate hard wired pig tail. I pulled the seats
to look things over and found this.



Honda dealer installed a new Heidenau rear tire. Front was a little worn so I ordered a Heidenau for it.
It has an LED brake light below the tag that flashes a few times before going full on red.




Has the BMW NAV 4 Garmin GPS.



I drove it to BMW of Tulsa on Friday to pick up a few oil filters, a set of bar risers and order an extra key. They told me a guy from
OKC owned the bike and BMW of Tulsa did all the service on the bike. They said I got a good deal on the bike.
I thought I got a smoking HOT deal. Now it's time to set it up to fit me.
__________________
Go faster than everyone.
Only worry about what's in front of you.

Danger4u2 screwed with this post 04-04-2014 at 07:36 PM
Danger4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:31 PM   #8148
Fijibubba
Pavelow guy
 
Fijibubba's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County Ca
Oddometer: 41
I went for a ride today up PCH from Laguna beach to Malibu stopping at Neptune's Net for lunch. Before the ride I added some goodies.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
__________________
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell
Fijibubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:40 PM   #8149
mbbaumer
Adventurer
 
mbbaumer's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: Alaska & Colorado
Oddometer: 10
Southeastern Colorado Ride

Great ride in Southeastern Colorado!
Attached Images
 
mbbaumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:53 AM   #8150
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer
 
MizzouRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Fly over zone
Oddometer: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijibubba View Post
I went for a ride today up PCH from Laguna beach to Malibu stopping at Neptune's Net for lunch. Before the ride I added some goodies.
<
I don't often see two roto packs on a GSA. What's the situation where you need so much fuel capacity?
I did the run to Deadhorse last summer with the stock GSA tank (08) without a issue.
__________________
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:00 AM   #8151
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Oddometer: 2,913
Friends with volume-challenged gas tanks?
NoVa Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #8152
Matt-tastic
Adventurer
 
Matt-tastic's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: OKC, OK
Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger4u2 View Post
My first BMW. 2011 R1200GSA with 31,400 miles. It was taken in trade at one of the local Honda dealers.
They were asking $15,999 on Craigslist and CycleTrader. I've been using SearchTempest (Craigslist search engine)
every day for 10 months trying to find a GS/GSA in good condition with 30,000 miles or less. That's how I found it.
I called and started asking a few questions...he interrupted saying he wants it out of his inventory and would take $14,000.
I sold one of my bikes that night and arranged financing the next day. Called him with an offer of $13,000 and he said "come and get it".



Pulled off the boxes to do a little cleaning and found this.



It has an extra power port for heated vest/coat. And a OptiMate hard wired pig tail. I pulled the seats
to look things over and found this.



Honda dealer installed a new Heidenau rear tire. Front was a little worn so I ordered a Heidenau for it.
It has an LED brake light below the tag that flashes a few times before going full on red.




Has the BMW NAV 4 Garmin GPS.



I drove it to BMW of Tulsa on Friday to pick up a few oil filters, a set of bar risers and order an extra key. They told me a guy from
OKC owned the bike and BMW of Tulsa did all the service on the bike. They said I got a good deal on the bike.
I thought I got a smoking HOT deal. Now it's time to set it up to fit me.

GEEZ!!!! You're that guy!!!...lol.... I made him the same offer a few weeks prior and it was up in Tulsa getting serviced. Glad you got a good deal on it!!! I ended up having to drive half way to the east coast to pick one up...lol.... I'm glad there's now a total of what, 6? GSA's in OKC now though!!!...lol....
Matt-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #8153
Matt-tastic
Adventurer
 
Matt-tastic's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: OKC, OK
Oddometer: 54
Finally got back with one I drove to Nashville to pickup! Even got to stop by and do some sightseeing in Memphis and Nashville!

Matt-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #8154
Fijibubba
Pavelow guy
 
Fijibubba's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County Ca
Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRider View Post
I don't often see two roto packs on a GSA. What's the situation where you need so much fuel capacity?
I did the run to Deadhorse last summer with the stock GSA tank (08) without a issue.
You make a wonderful point. Its more for the guys I ride with. Been on a few rides where we have to turn around and head back so they can fill up which gets old. It was an easy solution as I have the room and flat mounting surfaces for the paxs. This summer I plan on picking up a rotopax for water for camping so this will come in handy.
__________________
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell
Fijibubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #8155
Fijibubba
Pavelow guy
 
Fijibubba's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County Ca
Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa Rider View Post
Friends with volume-challenged gas tanks?
You hit the nail on the head. :)
__________________
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell
Fijibubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #8156
DRZBRI
Adventurer
 
DRZBRI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: Granbury, TX
Oddometer: 97
Had mine for a bit less than a year. Bought this 08 with 4600 miles on it. It looked absolutely new save a bit of tire wear when I picked it up.
A few weeks after buying.


Now



Best bike I've owned to date.
__________________
Brian

08 R1200GS
98 VTR1000f
07 DRZ400s
DRZBRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #8157
Danger4u2
'04KX500isDanger4u2
 
Danger4u2's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: OKC
Oddometer: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-tastic View Post
GEEZ!!!! You're that guy!!!...lol.... I made him the same offer a few weeks prior and it was up in Tulsa getting serviced. Glad you got a good deal on it!!! I ended up having to drive half way to the east coast to pick one up...lol.... I'm glad there's now a total of what, 6? GSA's in OKC now though!!!...lol....
I'm glad he didn't take your offer. I guess he was saying "we should have taken that last offer" then I showed up. Did you find your bike on Craigs?
__________________
Go faster than everyone.
Only worry about what's in front of you.
Danger4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:07 PM   #8158
GSPeP
Beastly Adventurer
 
GSPeP's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: near Antwerp, Belgium
Oddometer: 2,253




__________________
Greetings from Belgium,
Peter (2011 BMW R1200GS Adventure)
- Pictures: gspep.smugmug.com & www.steendorp.info
- FB: www.facebook.com/peter.perdaen
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/1150GSPEP/videos
GSPeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:40 AM   #8159
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer
 
MizzouRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Fly over zone
Oddometer: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijibubba View Post
You hit the nail on the head. :)
Some of the guys I went with to Alaska had small tanks. It's a long ride, so we were moving pretty quickly. Gas mileage was pretty bad, I'm sure. We had to stop almost every 90 min, or two hours to fuel up. They were all carrying rotopax, but it was just easier to stop at the station. The problem gets worse when you take off helmets and gloves and call home or check email every 90 minutes..
__________________
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:22 AM   #8160
Danger4u2
'04KX500isDanger4u2
 
Danger4u2's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: OKC
Oddometer: 663
In the ocean of Harleys...............


In the ocean of Harleys.....................the island of sanctuary.








Forget this follow the leader to the parking lot...over the curb and park.


__________________
Go faster than everyone.
Only worry about what's in front of you.

Danger4u2 screwed with this post 04-09-2014 at 08:09 AM Reason: add picture
Danger4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015