Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2015, 11:15 PM   #1
MJS OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,889
Introducing BlackSwanMoto – A New Dual Sport Training Option

Hello fellow riders,

Some of you may know me from my previous work as an instructor at another west coast training company. Recently I left that company and went to work managing a new start-up called BlackSwanMoto. I am a certified instructor by the BMW Enduro facility in Hechlingen, Germany and one of only a handful of BMW Certified Instructors in the US - most of whom work (or worked) for the BMW facility in South Carolina. Our other instructors also bring a wealth of experience teaching riders of large dual sport motorcycles.

Be it exploring the local forest on a day ride, looking for that out of the way campground, that epic trip to the Arctic Circle, or down to South America we can help you get there. The BlackSwanMoto training program is designed to give you the fundamental skills and confidence to take your adventure bike off the highway and down that unexplored back road.

Classes are based on a proven curriculum developed by the BMW school in Hechlingen, Germany and our training programs are geared to riders of large dual sport and adventure bikes. Experienced instructors will help you develop the skills necessary to get you comfortable riding off the highway. Our class starts with the fundamentals of balance and body position and advances to turning, hill climbs and descents, off camber situations, and loose terrain like sand and mud. The class is taught with a series of drills designed as building blocks to increase your skills one step at a time.

We are just starting to get events up on our calendar now. We have some open spaces for our upcoming Dual-Sport Basics training at Gorman, CA on March 14th and 15th. We are offering AdvRiders a 10% discount off of our normal cost of $595 for this event. This training is not listed on the BlackSwanMoto website. To sign up for the class, please send an email to marks@blackswanmoto.com or PM me with your AdvRider name and your email address. I will send you a registration form and a PayPal invoice for a $75 deposit to reserve your spot in the class. The balance of the class fee can be paid via PayPal prior to the class date. Don’t delay as class space is limited. Detailed class information will be sent via email upon confirmation of your registration.

The class fee also includes camping at the event site, lunch both days, dinner Saturday night and continental breakfast Sunday morning. Refreshments are provided throughout the day. The camp area will accommodate campers or tents and there are toilets on-site. Hotel rooms are also available nearby in Gorman, CA.

Riders are required to wear a helmet, long sleeve shirt, long pants, boots which cover the ankle, and gloves. Full event information is included in the information packet for registered riders.

You can check us out our website at www.BlackSwanMoto.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/blackswanmoto. Or sign-up for our email newsletter at http://www.blackswanmoto.com/subscribe.html. (We don't share or sell your info and we promise not to fill your in box with spam.)

I may take a few days to respond as I am currently in Baja and internet can be a bit sporadic.

Regards,

Mark Stickelmaier

http://www.blackswanmoto.com
MJS is offline   Reply With Quote