ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #136
Dan Stark
You can't be serious.

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDHunter
SATOR is a bit far for me most of the time. As an example I rode 264 miles the day I grabbed the first tag and placed the other one. I don't often have time for trips of that length but I had a LOT of fun that day I must admit.

$bob$
Just ribbing you Bob. If your not careful though, I'll sneak down there myself and steal one of your tags.

Got some bad news too. I'm not going to make it to the boat ramp today either. I'll see what tomorrow looks like. If it's pouring rain and I'm confident everyone else is going to stay home, I may take the KLR and go get it.
Dan Stark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #137
LDHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,358
You're certainly welcome to steal one of our tags...

I think this TagORama stuff is more fun than I've had in a LONG time and I wish I had more time to devote to it. Seems like I've been absolutely swamped with work lately.

Hopefully I'll get something out of it other than tired.

Looks like it might not rain tomorrow too much.

$bob$

LDHunter screwed with this post 03-13-2009 at 11:51 AM
LDHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:39 PM   #138
KawDlr OP
Kawasaki GURU

Oddometer: 691
SO it looks as if Bob may get to give you a bit of competition on Saturday.
Sure are missing a great day to get out and ride. Low pressure has stalled and the patch work of clouds dotting the sky would make an excellent backdrop for this tag location, not to mention the WARM air hovering. We can only hope that the rain holds off since there is a fair amount red road riding to grab this one.

KawDlr screwed with this post 03-13-2009 at 06:04 PM
KawDlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #139
LDHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawDlr
Random clues will be added till someone claims they've honed in and are on the hunt.
Uh... I thought I had it but I think we need some of those "random clues".

$bob$
Old 03-13-2009, 03:25 PM   #140
timetrax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Thumb Tagged

You bunch of wussies!! It took me (of the female persuasion) to go get this picture on my 4-wheeler no less.

I printed out my topo map and off I rode. I live near the GA/FL bridge, rode right of way to bridge, rode on bridge close to edge and prayed for no State Troopers (prayers answered) to get across bridge. Bridge was only 1/4 mile long which was REAL GOOD. I took first road to the left then it was GAME ON. I was lucky a group of us ride these roads a lot.

Ate dust for miles and miles. I had that 4 -wheeler singing in the wind - about 35-40 MPH and it still took over 2 hours to get there with all the dirt roads. Butt sore, thumb sore -- but I got it.

Couldn't get exact pic because truck and trailer in way.

timetrax screwed with this post 03-13-2009 at 09:55 PM
timetrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:29 PM   #141
LDHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Congrats timetrax. But did you have to call us wussies?

$bob$

LDHunter screwed with this post 03-13-2009 at 03:49 PM
LDHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #142
timetrax
Gnarly Adventurer

It is called Christoff Ferry Landing on the Chipola River about 6 miles west of Greenwood, Fl. I was only kidding about the wussie part. I said that because I had to take a 4-wheeler can't ride my husband's KLR.

timetrax screwed with this post 03-13-2009 at 03:52 PM
Old 03-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #143
FireballR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Hey everyone! I have this posted on the Alabama Tag-O-Rama thread. I just wanted to post it here in case any of you were interested. PM me if you want to be added to the list.

Thanks!

I have asked DeBandi about making some "ADVrider Alabama Tag-O-Rama" Stickers. He said he has no problem designing the decal, but would need a commitment of 20 to get it going. I am posting this as a feeler to see if we can get 20 to make that commitment.

Price would depend on the stickers size, if they're reflective or non reflective, and how many.

If you are interested, make a post or send me a pm and I will edit this post to show everyone who is interested. Also let me know how many stickers you might want.

1. FireballR - 2
2. nevermore - ?
3. dirty-diesel - 3
4. zookster - 4
5. TomW - 2
6. Spikester300 - 2
7. bgoodwin - 2
8. BillR1100GS - 2
9. Al Goodwin - 2
10. lstewart - 2
11. Bart Jones - 5
12. FatDog - 4
13. car46999 - 2
14. 6uldv8 - 2
15. Jumper5392 - 4

So far looks like most everyone wants reflective.

$5 off Smugmug with this referral code (Tmk4uxA4rMRsQ), and help support ADVrider at the same time!
FireballR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:44 PM   #144
KawDlr OP
Kawasaki GURU

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetrax
You bunch of wussies!! It took me (of the female persuasion) to go get this picture on my 4-wheeler no less.

I printed out my topo map and off I rode. I live near the GA/FL bridge, rode right of way to bridge, rode on bridge close to edge and prayed for no State Troopers (prayers answered) to get across bridge. Bridge was only 1/4 mile long which was REAL GOOD. I took first road to the left then it was GAME ON. I was lucky a group of us ride these roads a lot.

Ate dust for miles and miles. I had that 4 -wheeler singing in the wind - about 35-40 MPH and it still took over 2 hours to get there with all the dirt roads. Butt sore, thumb sore -- but I got it.

Couldn't get exact pic because boat and trailer in way.

WAY TO GO TIMETRAX!!!!

It took me a few minutes looking at your post to figure out who this was, but I got your # G !!!

CONGRATS On crossing the Chattahoochee river on 91/2 there and making the incrediably long journey on your quad today. Did you have company from your other quad ridding girl cohort M ?

Guys we have to give it up for Timetrax. If you get a chance go to the tag locations on google maps and look where she rode from. Look for Donalsonville, GA and then look where tag #6 is located. My hat is off to you Timetrax! GREAT RUN YOU WILD THING!

Now we are waiting for you to take a photo of your quad somewhere else within our playing area(without getting arrested) and we will be game on again. You have 36 hours to post it so the guys will have something to do this weekend in the rain....

SATOR GOOGLE MAP UPDATED: USED QUAD ICON TO HONOR TIMETRAX'S EFFORT!

KawDlr screwed with this post 03-13-2009 at 06:00 PM
Old 03-13-2009, 06:22 PM   #145
timetrax
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks Jody, it sure was fun. I will try to post something tomorrow before the rain starts if I can.

I was SO afraid that after that long trip I would come home and see that someone else had tagged it. I ran into the house and checked this site and was just thrilled to find that is was still up for grabs. LOL

timetrax screwed with this post 03-13-2009 at 06:30 PM
Old 03-13-2009, 09:10 PM   #146
KawDlr OP
Kawasaki GURU

Post Cards

I have the post cards FINALLY!

They will be available at our dealership for anyone who passes by Tuesday-Saturday. Pick up a few and pass them out to your friends. You never know who might catch the fever of our tag game.

If you have a bulletin board and want to post one at work, school, or church, that would be spectacular!

Thanks,
Jody

Old 03-14-2009, 07:35 AM   #147
Dan Stark
You can't be serious.

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireballR
Hey everyone! I have this posted on the Alabama Tag-O-Rama thread. I just wanted to post it here in case any of you were interested. PM me if you want to be added to the list.
What do these look like? I might be in for one, I'll check the Alabama thread to see if you have an example in that thread.

Nice job timetrax, this wuss would have waited for the truck to move though to get the correct photo.
Dan Stark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:55 AM   #148
JetWrench
jetwrench

Oddometer: 281
Way to go Timetrax

Nice job Timetrax. I bet my Aprilia Rally 50 would have looked good at the boat launch

2011 Kawasaki Versys:
JetWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #149
timetrax
Gnarly Adventurer

EVERYDAY: Your right, I was a wuss for not waiting HOWEVER I did not know how long he was going to be fishing. Long ride back home.

JETWRENCH: Yep that scooter would have looked GREAT there.

AND THANKS GUYS!
Old 03-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #150
KawDlr OP
Kawasaki GURU

Hey Timetrax,

No rain today, how bout that post?

Well maybe your still out riding and enjoying your quad!