ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #6601
Mallder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
I've been a pretty regular player of this game and on a few occasions have deliberately placed the tag south toward Pensacola to try and get more folks involved.

Now that it is out west, does the fact that it hasn't moved in a while reflect poorly on those that live 3 to 4 hours away ...or those that live close by?

I still try to ride every day even with this cold, buts it very hard to get the 7 hours together to get out there. I will continue to look for opportunities to get the tag but if it stays out west for a while it should give some new folks a chance to play.
Mallder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #6602
wingridrs
Adventurer

Oddometer: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallder View Post
I've been a pretty regular player of this game and on a few occasions have deliberately placed the tag south toward Pensacola to try and get more folks involved.

Now that it is out west, does the fact that it hasn't moved in a while reflect poorly on those that live 3 to 4 hours away ...or those that live close by?

I still try to ride every day even with this cold, buts it very hard to get the 7 hours together to get out there. I will continue to look for opportunities to get the tag but if it stays out west for a while it should give some new folks a chance to play.
There are several of us over here on the "east" side that love to play the game. However, there are circumstances called "life" that precludes one from playing as much as they may like to. For someone (Forrestrider) to typecast other motorcycle enthusiasts from the "east" side as bunch of lazy moaners and complainers is a little ridiculous. Not all of us have the extra time to ride 7-8 hours for a "tag". Although we'd love to be able to do just that. Not all of us have dual sport bikes that again would keep some of us playing when "tag" is off road, but there are many that can go off road.....I venture to say that there have been times the "tag" was placed here on the "east" in the past to entice some of the "westerners" to ride over here and get it...how many have done that I wonder...possibly one or two...so with that it will get relocated one day sooner or later and the game is still fun..and I will play when my time allows..and I will pick and choose what distance I will travel...but with our bikes it will not be off road on purpose...
And as you stated above why hasn't someone in the area in which the "tag" currently residing relocated to another area of their choosing within the SATOR boundary?
Members of Southern Cruisers Riding Club
wingridrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #6603
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer: 1,753
If you was to look back a few years ago on the history of this thread, you would see that us in the West side once played the game, It got were a good bit of the time some on the east side (Dothan area ) would wine and bitch and wanted to start the game a-new cause it was to far for them to travel, some of them would even post that that they needed to keep it away from us so they would not have to ride over this way cause it was to far.

This is the reason that us Wester's quit playing.

I don't care what kind of bike you ride, and I know not everybody has time to ride for hour's, dirt road's this or that, It just chaps my ass that if it is Inconvenient for some-one to go get the Tag and Pea-nut It's
( Let's Make A New One ) ( As stated in post 6590 )
Old 01-05-2014, 05:44 PM   #6604
Mallder
Gnarly Adventurer

That post regarding making a new peanut was in no way intended to mean the game would start anew with a new tag. He only intended to imply that a new peanut could be reintroduced with whatever is the current tag.

In fact, I intend to do exactly that. When i get a chance to make a tag i will reintroduce a peanut if some else doesnt beat me to it.

Forrest, I dont know what issues you encountered BUT we're not it. I dont think anyone has a problem with the current Tag. Im secretly hopeing it stays there for little while longer so I can clear my schedule and go get it.

Mallder screwed with this post 01-05-2014 at 05:59 PM
Old 01-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #6605
forrestrider
Dont Do Stupid Shit..

Oddometer: 1,753
Never said it was y'all. It's those in another area from a few years ago that wanted to only keep the game in there little area. and no one else out side that area was really welcome to play. This was before the peanut my self and 1 other did 512 miles one day for the tag they did not wont to ride out side of city limits, so one time they decided to make a new tag back in dothan cause it was too far for them to ride to ride. So those of us over here quit playing for the last couple years.

forrestrider screwed with this post 01-05-2014 at 06:13 PM
forrestrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #6606
wingridrs
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestrider View Post
Never said it was y'all. It's those in another area from a few years ago that wanted to only keep the game in there little area. and no one else out side that area was really welcome to play. This was before the peanut my self and 1 other did 512 miles one day for the tag they did not wont to ride out side of city limits, so one time they decided to make a new tag back in dothan cause it was too far for them to ride to ride. So those of us over here quit playing for the last couple years.
Well, there are some new player's now...so let's just play the game as our time allows, etc...the more to play the merrier...
Old 01-05-2014, 09:33 PM   #6607
KeithTurk
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 753
So we lost the peanut again? I suspect folks see us drop it off and then go and pick up the peanut as a matter course... just not wanting "trash" laying around....

I'll make a new one for you guys tomorrow and Clark you can marry it with the tag next time you get a chance.... obviously the current tag is valid.... just doesn't have the peanut..... and normally the person with the peanut who posts it within 36 hrs has the tag... ...

We had that asshat ( from our area ) post a file picture several years ago and the peanut has been a nice way of proving you got there first.
KeithTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #6608
wingridrs
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithTurk View Post
So we lost the peanut again? I suspect folks see us drop it off and then go and pick up the peanut as a matter course... just not wanting "trash" laying around....

I'll make a new one for you guys tomorrow and Clark you can marry it with the tag next time you get a chance.... obviously the current tag is valid.... just doesn't have the peanut..... and normally the person with the peanut who posts it within 36 hrs has the tag... ...

We had that asshat ( from our area ) post a file picture several years ago and the peanut has been a nice way of proving you got there first.
I don't think the peanut is lost. He is residing in the western side of the state, and seems no one has the time to go get relocate it. Not even the ones living in the area have the desire for one reason or another. It will get moving again sooner or later...
Old 01-06-2014, 08:22 AM   #6609
wingridrs
Adventurer

Seems a lot of us here, including the guys have a bad case of PMS...
Old 01-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #6610
spntshell
What! Where??!

Oddometer: 390
I was going to go get it 2 days ago but woke up feeling like someone was kicking me all night and made me swallow crushed glass, now I have to go to work for 14 days...I know excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingridrs View Post
Seems a lot of us here, including the guys have a bad case of PMS...
Old 01-06-2014, 10:15 AM   #6611
Mallder
Gnarly Adventurer

according to nano we are peanut-less. He couldnt find it at tin top.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #6612
wingridrs
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallder View Post
according to nano we are peanut-less. He couldnt find it at tin top.
Oh yeah, I remember that now...thanks for reminding me...Turk will make another...
Old 01-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #6613
wingridrs
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spntshell View Post
I was going to go get it 2 days ago but woke up feeling like someone was kicking me all night and made me swallow crushed glass, now I have to go to work for 14 days...I know excuses
Yep, a lot of the flu/colds going around...
Old 01-07-2014, 07:41 AM   #6614
nanohiccup
in time

Oddometer: 849
Was riding around up near Grady looking for dog-trot houses and wanted to stop at Red's Little Schoolhouse restaurant, Highly recommended btw, while there noticed the tag was close to me at the Tin Top cafe. Couldn't help it, I just had to check it out. Looking back at the map on page one there is not much representing the west side of the area.. That reflects on riders like me who reside over thisaway. Went to the Tin Top and dug around the sign but could not find the welded washers. I might have kicked the peanut deeper into the grass for all I know. I normally don't mess with tag games and most of my local riding play time is over in Mississippi NF areas. Rarely see other motorcyclists. Anyways that's why I posted questions concerning this tag and if ya'll wanted me to place a new one. Where I "placed" the tag is a spot on the tag map with no representation. If you have the time there is an excellent place to eat just west of there in Leakesville or east near Claiborne . A little bit of rr history in the area and north of there is William Travis's home, a neat river crossing, and a few crooked roads. Anyone going after this tag from the southern end could easily pick up the USA tor as well at a very historical spot. Also not far north is Blandon Springs park and St Stephens, a pretty cool place as well. I think the tag has been to Lower Peach Tree before but for those who haven't been there, worth a look.

Anyways I guess the point of a tag game is to get folks out and riding. And it probably should keep moving not stuck in the middle of nowwhere, apologies for stalling out the game. I can move it when I get back in town in a few weeks if that's legal.

If anyone knows of any dog trot cabins please let me know. I have 6 marked and recorded that are south of Montgomery. All abandoned. Only interested in the ones that still have the breazeway open.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogtrot_house
nanohiccup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #6615
Mallder
Gnarly Adventurer

I think the tag is fine right where its at. one of us will eventually get off our butts and go move it.

If it wasnt so dang cold these last two days I would of moved it already. Im a sissy in this weather.

I think the combination of the cold weather, recent frequent rain days and the Holidays have combined to limit the participation in tagging. This will change. Thanks for the local area touring advice.

Mallder screwed with this post 01-07-2014 at 08:31 AM