Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #4321
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
Wow, that's even worse.

The faces do look better, but just about any other game beats the pants off of it with facial detail.

Everything else looks like a late PS2 game rendered in a higher definition.

The concept of the game sounds really cool, but all the previews I see I just cand get past it.
I'm used to PC gaming so everything looks worse. Still, as long as the graphics look decent, I can see past it as long as the story/gameplay is riveting. There are a lot of good actors who have lent their voice to this game as well. The facial recognition and micro movements look really good.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #4322
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,550
Screw graphics..

Make some good games!!!
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:36 PM   #4323
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,314
Pong can be played in the real world.

LA Noir.........

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #4324
Jeffy
Hmm...

Well, it looks like I'll be getting LA Noire tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:55 PM   #4325
Calibre
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
Well, it looks like I'll be getting LA Noire tomorrow.
Got my call today.. "Come in and pick it up any time after 10AM"
Old 05-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #4326
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibre View Post
Got my call today.. "Come in and pick it up any time after 10AM"
And it's here! Although I'm waiting to play it later.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:44 PM   #4327
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
I dont understand why rockstar used the PS2 graphics engine for LANoir.

Even red dead redemption looked better.
Well, I have to say the graphics look pretty good. The hardest part is learning how to read people's behaviors and micro movements. Lots of different (real) cars that you can hop into. LOADS of story that you have to keep track of. So far I'm liking it a lot.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #4328
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,508
Quote:
Well, I have to say the graphics look pretty good. The hardest part is learning how to read people's behaviors and micro movements. Lots of different (real) cars that you can hop into. LOADS of story that you have to keep track of. So far I'm liking it a lot.
Looks good enough to me:

If the story is great it'll be a hit.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:31 AM   #4329
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,746
Quote:
BeezWife and i played it for about 2 hours last night. I love it, she likes it too, together we will rid the 1940's L.A. streets of crime. We haven't done too well in the interrogation parts but are doing well in finding clues and I'm good at the shoot-outs because it works like the GTA games.

The graphics are good but I think the cut scenes are made using the in-game graphics, not using some other technique like in other games. (correct me if I'm wrong)
Beez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #4330
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Shit, that looks good...
Old 05-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #4331
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

The facial expressions looked so real, so I had to look into it:

That is amazing, if they actually made this work right it must be thrilling...
Old 05-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #4332
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Nahhhhh!!

Here
it says that I have to buy a new console!

Quote:
As of late, many a rumbling has occurred over whether or not PC gamers will indeed have the ability to play LA Noire. While Rockstar has apparently been coy on the matter, the ESRB had the PC version listed on their website as an already rated port. The listing has since been removed, however, which only deepens this mystery. Luckily, theGamerBuzz has come in contact with a Rockstar representative.

After asking Rockstar a very specific question regarding LA Noire on PC and Mac the representative stated, “we do not have any plans for a PC/Mac version of L.A. Noire at this time.” Obviously, this statement still is open for debate, but, obviously, doesn’t definitively alleviate all doubt.

For now, I suppose those hoping for any confirmation on a PC or Mac version of LA Noire will simply have to wait patiently. For a rundown on LA Noire, check out our preview.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #4333
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,322
L.A. looks like a cool game...after that last youtube clip I am going to pick it up after work tonight.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #4334
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez View Post
BeezWife and i played it for about 2 hours last night. I love it, she likes it too, together we will rid the 1940's L.A. streets of crime. We haven't done too well in the interrogation parts but are doing well in finding clues and I'm good at the shoot-outs because it works like the GTA games.

The graphics are good but I think the cut scenes are made using the in-game graphics, not using some other technique like in other games. (correct me if I'm wrong)
Well, from what I remember this game was originally to be an exclusive to the PS3. The PS3 is able to render real-time, which was one of the big features. Not sure if this one is done real time or pre-rendered. It looks pretty good though. The most impressive thing is the micro-movements though. The characters looks realistic without hitting uncanny valley.

I screwed up the objective where you talk to the wife so I have to restart. Sucks since you have to restart from the beginning of the whole case. it won't let you restart from the time you arrive at her house.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #4335
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
Got about an hour in last night. My brother walks in on me and stands there for about 2 minutes before asking, "what movie is this?"

It's somewhere in between Red Dead Redemption and GTA4. The action/shooting sequences are definitely out of RDR. The city and driving is GTA4. Driving seems to be a bitch in this game though, just something a little off with the physics although I can't quite put a finger on it just yet.

The game is very detail-oriented. From investigating a crime scene to interrogating a suspect you have to pay attention to all the details in the case, and even look at a suspect's mannerism and facial ticks to try and determine if he's lying or not. It's a bitch, and if you screw something up you gotta start the whole interrogation all over again (and you can't forward through the dialogue).

If you're the "I just wanna kill something!" type this game is probably not for you. You have to follow the use of force continuum like today's LEOs. Can't just shoot a fleeing unarmed suspect in the leg, and you get a bad review if you run over granny while rolling Code 3 to a 211 call.

It's not as "open world" as I like. So far I seem to be stuck with a partner 24/7. And the game uses chapters as opposed to waypoints like the GTA series. So instead of choosing when/where to start a mission, when you finish one case in LAN you start in on the next one immediately. It's not like GTA where you have to hit a waypoint to start a mission, and if you don't want to do anything you can just drive around and do whatever. Time frame skips forward too, no linear day/night cycle like GTA/RDR. No "home" to go to. No garage.

I guess what I'm saying is I want the next GTA already.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: