User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.75 average. Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #4486
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,179
I still haven't tried Rage, but it's been getting slammed a lot of places. Most people are saying it's more a technical demo than a game. Very nice looking, but crap play. I may skip it.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #4487
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe View Post
I still haven't tried Rage, but it's been getting slammed a lot of places. Most people are saying it's more a technical demo than a game. Very nice looking, but crap play. I may skip it.
I don't know I'd go so far as to say it's crap. I never played Doom or Quake much, but I don't remember much of a story line in those games, so one probably shouldn't expect much of a story line here.

Rage is far more open ended with quests than Doom or Quake as well, but not quite a sandbox like other games. I read that Rage has been in development for many years, long before other games which have already hit the market. I suspect that if Fallout 3 hadn't come out Rage would be a smash hit.

I only hope that iD produces some good DLC's for Rage.
McNeal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #4488
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,337
Quote:
I don't know, I'm enjoying the heck out of it! In fact, I can't wait to get off work so I can go home and play it some more. I just picked it up yesterday, and I put a good 5 or 6 hours in and have only made it through a few missions, but I'm not the most experienced shooter gamer.
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #4489
DNFjoe
Did Not Finnish

Oddometer: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal View Post
I don't know I'd go so far as to say it's crap. I never played Doom or Quake much, but I don't remember much of a story line in those games, so one probably shouldn't expect much of a story line here.

Rage is far more open ended with quests than Doom or Quake as well, but not quite a sandbox like other games. I read that Rage has been in development for many years, long before other games which have already hit the market. I suspect that if Fallout 3 hadn't come out Rage would be a smash hit.

I only hope that iD produces some good DLC's for Rage.

Rage is far from crap. I had high expectations of it being a clone of Borderlands that would surpass Borderlands in graphics, better and different weapons, and a wide open world where you could go anywhere.

The background visuals are incredible, the charactors are not, they look like fallout/Bioshock2/borderlands charactors. That is not bad, but based on the amazing suroundings it was a let down because I expected more. There are some cool and unique weapons like the throwing sticks/blades or the RC/cars. There are a variety of weapons and ammo but I expected there to be multiple variations on each type of weapon, and there is not. That is not a bad thing, many games are like this, but I expected it to be a different way.

If you have played and liked FEAR 2, fallout 3, Bioshock 2 or borderlands you will like the game.

(EDIT) I am playing it on a PS3

Joe

DNFjoe screwed with this post 10-10-2011 at 06:32 PM
DNFjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #4490
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 8,380
Quote:
It has pc gamers all pissed off. Weird texture issues, shitloads of bugs, no graphics options, oddball text tweaks to get it behaving halfway decently.

Carmack pissed off a bunch of nerds.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #4491
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,825
Just ordered a fanatec wheel for the 360. Now that forza 4 is out I need a new wheel as my old MS one bit the dust.

I will see if it is worth the almost $300 price tag.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #4492
Gauss
Featherless Biped

Oddometer: 255
Looks like we're getting our first snow tonight in Denver...time to play some video games

Looking for folks to play with on Battlefield 3 on PC. (Anybody setting up an ADVRider platoon by any chance?) My battle log ID is SalmonMousse...feel free to "friend" me on the battlelog site, or send me your ID in a PM and I'll send out a request.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #4493
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Abbzug View Post
I don't know, I'm enjoying the heck out of it! In fact, I can't wait to get off work so I can go home and play it some more. I just picked it up yesterday, and I put a good 5 or 6 hours in and have only made it through a few missions, but I'm not the most experienced shooter gamer.
I didn't know you were a gamer Tami?
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #4494
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
Looks like we're getting our first snow tonight in Denver...time to play some video games

Looking for folks to play with on Battlefield 3 on PC. (Anybody setting up an ADVRider platoon by any chance?) My battle log ID is SalmonMousse...feel free to "friend" me on the battlelog site, or send me your ID in a PM and I'll send out a request.
Gauss: downloading it now. I'm in Boulder County so I'm looking for some "snow storm gaming" too

My Origin ID is: TopGeek
my steam ID is: topg33k

we have a private ventrilo server if you are interested PM me and I can send you the IP/password. Justjarrod from ADV hangs out there all the time too.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #4495
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,179
Sat down with Rage at a friends house. It sucks. Or I'm just not into FPS like I used to be.

I think the biggest problem is I didn't like being stuck on a path. It was just too directed. You could tell after looking around a corner, that a bad guy is going to trigger when I get to that point. No option to go a different way or anything. I just want more of a sandbox game. Rage is giving out missions like GTA, but you have no option but to do them all in order, and on these narrow little paths. I think it's a pass.

I'm never one of those people.... But I couldn't pass up a Forza 4 demo at Best Buy. I sat and played it for a while, and it's pretty good. I didn't think the play was much better than GT4 (I haven't played 5). The cockpit interiors is a nice touch, but does nothing for gameplay, so I don't care. Fun though. I'd certainly get it if I had an xbox.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #4496
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,629
Quote:
I think the biggest problem is I didn't like being stuck on a path. It was just too directed. You could tell after looking around a corner, that a bad guy is going to trigger when I get to that point. No option to go a different way or anything. I just want more of a sandbox game. Rage is giving out missions like GTA, but you have no option but to do them all in order, and on these narrow little paths. I think it's a pass.
I agree. Did you play Fallout 3? If so, that's probably what spoiled you, just like everyone else. Hopefully id will use the same engine and design, but create a more open field of play which would be great.
McNeal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #4497
Geek
oot & aboot

gotta admin I'm 300 pages behind in this thread.

Any of you gents up for some co-op Company of Heroes, Supreme Commander 2 or Star Control 2?

Old 10-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #4498
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,699
Anyone else buy BF3? I'm DL'ing it right now off Origin.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #4499
Geek
oot & aboot

I've downloaded it.. but haven't clicked it yet. Trying to get all my work done first
Old 10-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #4500
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,699
I've got an hour or so to go.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: