Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 65 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #5071
TheMuffinMan
Thread Killer

Oddometer: 5,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Has anyone here played Star Wars: The Old Republic? It's an MMORPG, think WoW with Star Wars themes and ship combat....and it has already taken over the lives of a few friends.
I have it. It's basically another flavor of the same MMO-ice cream. The main class storyline quests are rather involved and very well developed, and the crafting system is fairly novel; but it's an MMO at it's core.

Spend time, kill things, do quests which are more time consuming then challenging, level up, new abilities, grind more, level up, group up; etc. It all hasn't changed since Everquest 1. Besides the fact that soloing in EQ1 was very difficult to do and is now easy to do in the new MMO's.

The space combat is fun, reminds me a lot of old simple arcade games, so it's fun and challenging since it takes some skill (versus just running around and spending time killing things) at the messier space battles.

All interactions in the game have voice overs which is a very nice touch, there are moral conversation/quest choices similar to Mass Effect; you can supposedly develop romantic relationships with NPC's ala ME/Dragon Age. You get your own starship at the end of the 2nd planet's main story line (level 20 or so). Which allows you to do space combat missions, and travel to different planets via a map. It doesn't let you free-fly around like Eve-Online or Wing Commander.

It's entertaining and cool when you see your starship make the jump to lightspeed when traveling, it almost feels more like an RPG with an online multiplayer component built in and turned on all the time; perhaps because I've been able to solo the storyline quest so far (level 23).

Themuffinman - Level 23 bounty hunter (powertech) - Zez-Kai Ell server

Last minute thoughts: MMO's only take over your life if you let them.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
'12 690 Enduro // 690 Wiki
TheMuffinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #5072
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,098
So the support guys finally got back to me yesterday evening and activated my WoT account....not a bad game. Shooter without having to have the reflexes of a 10 year old.....
Old 12-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #5073
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 8,545
I played that for quite a while. I don't know if they change it or not but the matchmaking was utterly worthless while I was playing.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #5074
urbanXJ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,779
went 22&1 then 19&0 (rush, Operation Firestorm, BF3)

The noobs are everywhere after christmas.

I have earned all the perks for the Abrams tank. reactive armor is sweet stuff.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #5075
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismount View Post
I played that for quite a while. I don't know if they change it or not but the matchmaking was utterly worthless while I was playing.
Seems to be pretty fairly matched now......
Old 12-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #5076
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post

Especially if you're on the console. PC, not so much. Although with the new maps everyone has stopped playing some of the CQB 'city' maps like Tehran Highway. I rarely seem people playing that unless it's on a rotation. Metro is still the king of meat though.

I unlocked the 3rd seat in the tanks. Kinda cool if the driver has missiles.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #5077
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post

Yup, ive been at the top of the board a lot lately, but also been the best guy a shitty team and getting PWNED
Old 12-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #5078
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,797
I played BF3 for the first time last night, and I was 6 and 4 in my first (and only ) match. All things considered, I was very happy with a positive KD. My main problem is that I just have no idea where I am supposed to be since I do not know the maps yet. That said, there were noobs everywhere. I guess playing so much COD the past 3 years has helped my aiming skills or something.
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #5079
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
I played BF3 for the first time last night, and I was 6 and 4 in my first (and only ) match. All things considered, I was very happy with a positive KD. My main problem is that I just have no idea where I am supposed to be since I do not know the maps yet. That said, there were noobs everywhere. I guess playing so much COD the past 3 years has helped my aiming skills or something.
gonna be on tonight? I'll hop on and show ya around a bit. Add me: CodyY on PSN.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:24 PM   #5080
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,972
I just run around and shoot people pretty much. I do like the Kill Confirmed matches on MW3.
WVhillbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #5081
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY View Post
gonna be on tonight? I'll hop on and show ya around a bit. Add me: CodyY on PSN.
I should be... Gotta get the kids to bed, help Mrs Z clean up some, etc. I'll add ya when I get on. I don't have a headset though, so I won't be able to talk to you.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #5082
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,233
Anyone still playing Borderlands? I hadn't looked at it until it came up in the Bargain Bin. It's actually a pretty good game.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #5083
nadams
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
Anyone still playing Borderlands? I hadn't looked at it until it came up in the Bargain Bin. It's actually a pretty good game.
I recently completely my first playthrough of the game. It was $2.50 on Steam or something like that. The dynamic took a little getting used to, but eventually I warmed up to it.

I also bought all 4 DLC's, but people who know tell me that I need to do the 2nd playthrough before starting the DLCs, and I need to give it a little break before I can play the same story... again.
nadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #5084
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY View Post
Good games last night! Another question though... Is there a separate volume control for people with headsets? When there was no game sound I could hear you talking, although not very loud. When I was shooting or there was other sounds, I couldn't hear anything. I have the master volume turned all the way up, and then control volume through my receiver (using headphones to not wake anyone up). I looked around the game options but could not find a separate volume control panel like other games have (main, sound effects, mic, headset, etc...)

Another thing that I have had problems with for the past 4 years is that every now and then my internet just drops out. I was kicked out of three games last night because I "lost connection to the server". Sucks, but oh well. Normally I can join back in, but not always if the server fills my spot during the minute it takes for the internet to come back.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:49 AM   #5085
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
Good games last night! Another question though... Is there a separate volume control for people with headsets? When there was no game sound I could hear you talking, although not very loud. When I was shooting or there was other sounds, I couldn't hear anything. I have the master volume turned all the way up, and then control volume through my receiver (using headphones to not wake anyone up). I looked around the game options but could not find a separate volume control panel like other games have (main, sound effects, mic, headset, etc...)

Another thing that I have had problems with for the past 4 years is that every now and then my internet just drops out. I was kicked out of three games last night because I "lost connection to the server". Sucks, but oh well. Normally I can join back in, but not always if the server fills my spot during the minute it takes for the internet to come back.
The VOIP is the biggest complaint on the forums. With a headset your headset has a volume adjustment on it. I have my input sensitivity down so it picks up less background noise

I blame U-Verse when I get booted, it likes to drop out for no reason sometimes. That or if the DVR is recording, i'm gaming, and the wife is watching HDTV in the other room; guess which loses out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: