Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #5131
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla View Post
I gave up on followers, they're not much good for anything but being a packmule. If you need a distraction just toss out an Atronach. (I now love my Storm Atronach, he's so hunky. )
That's why I gave up on Lydia or any other melee character. Theres two casting chicks....Aala the cannibal and Aerola Azuras chick that kick ass. Plus they look hot in Daedric armor.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #5132
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
PC, Xbox or PS3?
I don't think it matters. You join the platoon and it shows you which version the other members are playing.

<--PC here
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #5133
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout View Post
I don't think it matters. You join the platoon and it shows you which version the other members are playing.

<--PC here
Nope, it doesn't matter. Everyone shows up but you can only play with those on the same system.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #5134
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
Nope, it doesn't matter. Everyone shows up but you can only play with those on the same system.
That's what I thought based on my PC experience with the platoon. Didn't want to spout off for the platformers, though, since I'm not sure what it looks like for them.
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #5135
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla View Post
I gave up on followers, they're not much good for anything but being a packmule. If you need a distraction just toss out an Atronach. (I now love my Storm Atronach, he's so hunky. )
I haven't tried using any Atronachs yet, but if Storm is hunky, I'm all over it!!!

I'm about to go fire up the PS3 right now!

See ya!
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #5136
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,725
Got a new toy over the weekend. Parents had got me a Best Buy gift card for Christmas so I went and got Killzone 3. But, since we have a Move for my wife's dancing games, I got the controller and the Sharpshooter. It was hard as hell to use the first day but yesterday it finally clicked. It's pretty fun, you forget after a while that you are looking by moving the gun around.

It's fun in single player but I think you'd get your ass kicked if you tried it in multiplayer.

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #5137
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,806
I went back to playing Black Ops the past few nights after having played BF3 for a couple of weeks. I am doing much better in that game now. I can think of two reasons. One: BF3 is a slower pace game for the most part. So I slowed down in BOs as well. I have been catching a lot of people as they round corners. Not camping, but not running around aimlessly either. Two (and probably most important): More than likely all the better players have moved on to MW3, and so the competition that is left on Black Ops is of a lower caliber overall.

Either way, I have fun on all three games!
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #5138
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,841
I have a question for the collective. I'm trying to find a new game to play on my PS3. I have enjoyed God of War (several of them), Lego Star Wars, and recently a friend lent me Ratchet and Clank tools of destruction ( I liked that as well). I've tried Resident Evil 5, I'm not a button manipulator so the looking and targeting got frustrating. Also Assassin's Creed (I don't remember which one) it didn't capture me as well. Basically, I like a smash and grab it doesn't really mater what button you press as long as you keep running around game. What would be some suggestions for me to check out?
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #5139
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5 View Post
I have a question for the collective. I'm trying to find a new game to play on my PS3. I have enjoyed God of War (several of them), Lego Star Wars, and recently a friend lent me Ratchet and Clank tools of destruction ( I liked that as well). I've tried Resident Evil 5, I'm not a button manipulator so the looking and targeting got frustrating. Also Assassin's Creed (I don't remember which one) it didn't capture me as well. Basically, I like a smash and grab it doesn't really mater what button you press as long as you keep running around game. What would be some suggestions for me to check out?
Sly Cooper Collection
Ratchet & Clank
Quest for Booty
A Crack in Time
Little Big Planet (Game of the Year)
Little Big Planet 2
Tomb Raider
Legend
Anniversary
Underworld
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Akrham City...
Old 01-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #5140
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5 View Post
Have you looked at Fallout 3?
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #5141
GordonFreeman
Gamer

Oddometer: 1,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
That's why I gave up on Lydia or any other melee character. Theres two casting chicks....Aala the cannibal and Aerola Azuras chick that kick ass. Plus they look hot in Daedric armor.
Pretty much at the same point. Not much tactical advantage and sometimes a distinct disadvantage if she's blocking me backing up a narrow tunnel into which I want to funnel some baddies for frying. Or blocking me from a kill shot to take down a good soul. Also, as a pack mule, she had the annoying habit of dying while carrying some goodies, meaning I had the choice of abandoning them or reloading an earlier save to "revive" her.

I souped her up with hand-me-down dragon armor and gave her a strong soul catching bow (took away the other weapons but she never did catch any souls). Better but still some hassles. I enchanted some powerful fortify carry farkles, so I don't need the packmule function anymore. I've sent her home to Winterhold now to play companionless for a few quests.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #5142
Lemon G
Banned

Oddometer: 190
Playing MW3 on Wii, still not prestige'd, level 73 though - loving the AK finally and claymores. Don't like that if you want to rock the claymore it takes place of your hand grenade though.

Just got an Xbox, playing some Skyrim - shit's amazing but I have video game ADD and really need the strategy guide to continue playing it.
Lemon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #5143
RUOK
no, no I guess not

Oddometer: 315
I think I might have a problem! Just passed 400 hrs on Skyrim and have yet to finish the main Quest line. This thing is freakin huge. Glad it's been winter or I'd really feel guilty about this time soak. Maybe I need an intervention

RUOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #5144
FloridaSteve
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,082
Just bought my first ever dedicated console(a PS3) after decades on a PC. Got tired of the regular hardware upgrade costs and the kids were killing it on the PS2. the Netflix etc was nice too. But am I'm doomed with the games standard controls. Is there a keyboard mouse like controller for these or anything "different"? I will never get used to those joysticks. Certainly not to the point I was on the desktop.
FloridaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #5145
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 36,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaSteve View Post
Just bought my first ever dedicated console(a PS3) after decades on a PC. Got tired of the regular hardware upgrade costs and the kids were killing it on the PS2. the Netflix etc was nice too. But am I'm doomed with the games standard controls. Is there a keyboard mouse like controller for these or anything "different"? I will never get used to those joysticks. Certainly not to the point I was on the desktop.
If you have decades on a PC and just are starting with the game pad give it some time.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: