User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 85 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #5566
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,592
I finished Rage yesterday. That was a decent game. I originally thought it was five or so years old, so thought it was really good for being that "old". When I realized it was barely a year old, it lost a couple good game points from me.

Next game my dealer pushed on me is Bioshock. About three hours of time in to the game so far, and still no love for it yet. Of course Skyrim took me nearly eight hours before things seemed to click for me, so I'll still spend a few more days playing with it before I move on. Next in the queue is Oblivion. Yes, I'm going backwards I know, but I just started this video gaming thing last year. I still don't see anything on the new release schedule that looks interesting.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #5567
SJSharkfan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 665
Halo 4 out 11/6.

Who's getting it?

Dave
'02 R1150GS ADV "The Tank"

"I fire up the willing engine,responding with a roar.
Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

"Red Barchetta" By RUSH
SJSharkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #5568
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post

Next game my dealer pushed on me is Bioshock. About three hours of time in to the game so far, and still no love for it yet. Of course Skyrim took me nearly eight hours before things seemed to click for me, so I'll still spend a few more days playing with it before I move on. Next in the queue is Oblivion. Yes, I'm going backwards I know, but I just started this video gaming thing last year. I still don't see anything on the new release schedule that looks interesting.

I tried Oblivion a few months before Skyrim, and I really tried to like it but the interface was clunky and combat was kind of....stilted. Much less fluid than Skyrim.

I'm sure going back to it now after playing Skyrim for so long my opinion will not change much. Skyrim just grabbed me from the get-go. The archery mechanics in particular are some of the best I've seen in ANY game, and the slow motion kill shots are awesome....archery, sword, axe, etc.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:46 AM   #5569
DNFjoe
Did Not Finnish

Oddometer: 620
Quote:
I finished Rage yesterday. That was a decent game. I originally thought it was five or so years old, so thought it was really good for being that "old". When I realized it was barely a year old, it lost a couple good game points from me.

Have you tried borderlands 1 and 2 yet? Cartoonish graphics, but better game play and character development compared to rage. I finished rage in 17 hours, borderlands is 35 to 45 hours per character. Online play even with strangers is a blast and makes it very replayable.

There were too many pages to back check to see if i had recogmended this to you before. JCR2000 on playstaion.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #5570
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFjoe View Post
Have you tried borderlands 1 and 2 yet? Cartoonish graphics, but better game play and character development compared to rage. I finished rage in 17 hours, borderlands is 35 to 45 hours per character. Online play even with strangers is a blast and makes it very replayable.

There were too many pages to back check to see if i had recogmended this to you before. JCR2000 on playstaion.
Never played it. I don't play online. I like the open roam type play of skyrim and fallout.
Rage was a little too controlled play as far as how they told you what to do when.I find the call of duty games when you have a path twenty feet wide you have to follow suck.
I'll look in to border lands.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:53 AM   #5571
DNFjoe
Did Not Finnish

Oddometer: 620
Quote:
Never played it. I don't play online. I like the open roam type play of skyrim and fallout.
Rage was a little too controlled play as far as how they told you what to do when.I find the call of duty games when you have a path twenty feet wide you have to follow suck.
Borderlands is way more open world than rage or corridor shooters like COD. You can have multiple side quests open. I never played online before borderlands.
I mostly solo play, but lately i have joined other peoples games to buff up my character. Each character has 3 skill trees you can dvelope, so you can replay the same character with different skills and have it play differently. I was stuck in finks slaughterhouse and needed to open my solo game to public play to clear the 4 th and 5 th waves. That is cool to have the option. I enjoyed fallout 3, bioshock, and fear 2, prior to borderlands. I tried killzone3 but did not get into it. I also tried resistance 2 or 3 and lost interest quickly. Team play really grew on me with borderlands. 2 buddies i used to work with each had it and we got into coop play through the entire story line. It is cool to get healedid battle!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #5572
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,758
Anyone playing Assassins Creed III?

I like the Revolutionary War setting and that's the main reason I got it. Never played AC before. Controls are odd, confusing and documentation is lacking. Firing guns is awkward. I hope with time I will master the controls.

Also don't like how many interruptions there are in gameplay (when the screen goes white). Really chops up the story. I also don't like when the character climbs stuff you don't want him too.

The world they have created is amazing though. Deep snow effects are great. Story is good and will probably make more sense the 2nd play through, for me at least. I don't really get all the time travel/memories/sync stuff that links all the Assassin's Creed games together. And to be honest I don't really care. It probably could be just a good Revolutionary War era action game without all the time travel stuff.

Can't wait for the naval battles!
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #5573
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharkfan View Post
Halo 4 out 11/6.

Who's getting it?

It'll be here, tomorrow.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #5574
seuadr
Wee-stromer

Oddometer: 772
Quote:
Halo 4 out 11/6.

Who's getting it?
isn't it really halo 7?
seuadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #5575
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by seuadr View Post
isn't it really halo 7?
ODST wasn't exactly "Halo".

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #5576
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,977
Quote:
You would really like Borderlands. Like he said, it's way open. 2 was better than 1. What I like about Skyrim is that you can walk 20-30 seconds in any direction and have some sort of encounter.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #5577
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
You would really like Borderlands. Like he said, it's way open. 2 was better than 1. What I like about Skyrim is that you can walk 20-30 seconds in any direction and have some sort of encounter.
Skyrim is just a time sinkhole, borderlands is bad like that but the missions can end quickly. Skyrim you're in it for the long haul.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #5578
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,284
Quote:
When you do Oblivion get the DLCs in first or buy the version with them already incorporated.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #5579
Chuck289
Air cooled

Oddometer: 2,239
Quote:
Halo 4 out 11/6.

Who's getting it?
Maybe. I was really hoping to see the Firefight mode again with the ability to play on custom made forge maps.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #5580
antwon412
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Just played the first couple levels with my boy.

Pretty fun.
antwon412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: