User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 85 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 05:40 AM   #5836
Squelch
Everyday People

Oddometer: 1,103
The thing is, over time they will still get the numbers they need to keep producing games and making profits. And eventually everything will be online. I'm not advocating piracy and am at work so I can't look, but is there a crack to play SC offline yet? How long did it take to make a crack to play Diablo III offline, if ever? It's a pisser when pirates have an easier time playing games than normal folks who pay. I remember getting a bunch of cracks for games I owned before deployments, just so I wouldnt have to bring my game discs with me, worried that they might be scratched by sand, or destroyed in some other way.
Squelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:41 AM   #5837
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,835
I haven't bought a PC video game since Sim City 2000. And I think my parents bought that, to be honest.

I was all excited for the new one, but the server issues are just a massive load of fail.

I was able to get on and play yesterday, and once people give up or things stabilize (next week? ) I think it will be really enjoyable.

Maybe.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #5838
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto View Post
SimCity will not be on my list, ever, because of the always online requirement. It's not the first EA game I've ignored.

It won't be the last.
Yep. It's crossed off my list now. We don't have internet service at our weekend place. We'll take the Xbox so me and the boy can play, but I guess this one is a no go.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #5839
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,559
EA can suck my cojones as well.. The only game that was done right was Need For Speed 2... I stopped buying EA games after that.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #5840
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 37,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnylotto View Post
That's V-Sync. It's not normal behavior for any game. For PC there are settings within both the game and the drivers for it. I'm not Xbox fluent but it would indicate to me a hardware issue, especially if you've started having framerate issues where there were none before.
It crashed with Skyrim once which I think is the 2nd time it has crashed in 2 years. I'll need to try out some other games since Borderlands has always had FPS issues when I use incendiary weapons.

I've basically been just running through those 3 games trying to finally beat them since I've had Borderlands/Skyrim over a year, and AC III is waiting.

But of course I bought more games , there's a new humble bundle so I had to get that.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #5841
BillsR100
Happy Paleoflatus

Oddometer: 2,853
"Following 800 poor reviews, Amazon stops selling download copies of SimCity"

"In what must be a big blow for EA and Maxis, Amazon has stopped selling download copies of the just released SimCity. The game has at time of writing received 833 reviews on Amazon, and has an average rating of just one star."

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/f...mcity-2013037/
BillsR100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #5842
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,339
I love it when Greedy McGreedson asstarded cash-grabbing plans fall to pieces so thoroughly. EA and the rest of the vampires can go get fucked with a broomstick.
UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #5843
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 10,004
That was the one thing I loathed about ME3.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #5844
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,551
Wow, EA really fucked up with that launch... The game looks really yummy but, as others have mentioned, I will look right past it with that "server side saves" BS...

I remember when EPSON brought out those one-use printers, that you had to send back when they run out of ink and they would send you another one back at the average cost of inks, all that to combat the refilling/aftermarket sales loss... Well, it didn't work out... Most people don't like it when a corporation appears to be too greedy...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #5845
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
That was the one thing I loathed about ME3.
ME3? What's that?

I don't see it on my list...
and I did me and me, too!
Old 03-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #5846
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,828
Mass Effect 3
Old 03-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #5847
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
Mass Effect 3

It was on Origin.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #5848
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Apparently Electronic Arts has suspended its online marketing campaign and asked affiliates to "please stop actively promoting the game" until further notice.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #5849
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Those of you interested in old-school adventure-quest games can take a look at this Kickstarter pledge: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ongest-journey

It's on final approach and they need a few more simoleons for the penultimate stretch goal.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #5850
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
Haven't had any problems running Sim City.

My problem is with the game itself, and the size of the cities. They're freaking tiny. You could literally run out of room to expand within an hour, then it's a waiting game trying to get your building densities up. Oh cool, you finally unlocked the Nuclear Power Station, which densely-populated area of your city do you want to raze so you can put it in?

So you finally got your city humming along at 120,000 population, and then you get a message about your $250,000 water pump drying out. What do you mean my water pump is drying out? IT'S BY THE FUCKING RIVER! So you look at the water table map, and sure enough the area around your pump is white. You know where the blue is, not by the fucking river, right smack in the middle of downtown where the 50-story buildings are. FUCK YOU MAXIS!

So you go to your regional map in the hopes of buying water from one of your neighbors. Guess what, all the cities in your region is claimed, but none of the fuckers who have claimed those cities have built on them. Fuck you very much Maxis, cooperative multiplayer indeed.

Looks like the only way to play this game is to claim a region for yourself, claim all the cities for yourself, and be the mayor of 16 different cities and specialize each one. Electricity in one city, water in another, schools, etc. It's fucking tedious.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: