Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #91
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,314
Whelp.

Plopped down, popped in FO3 and started, go to the point where I was designing my character and the image started getting weird (bright green in the shadows) so I went ahead and turned it off and checked my connections, they were fine. Turned it back on, still doing it, so I decided to try a different TV since this one has had weird color problems in the recent past. Got to our nice new Samsung in the den, got her all hooked up, hit the power button....

TADA!!!!!

RED RING OF DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #92
Chopperman
I am dead

Oddometer: 27,033
Oh suck. I think I would call that another win in the PC as game machines column.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius
Whelp.

Plopped down, popped in FO3 and started, go to the point where I was designing my character and the image started getting weird (bright green in the shadows) so I went ahead and turned it off and checked my connections, they were fine. Turned it back on, still doing it, so I decided to try a different TV since this one has had weird color problems in the recent past. Got to our nice new Samsung in the den, got her all hooked up, hit the power button....

TADA!!!!!

Old 02-27-2009, 08:22 PM   #93
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopperman
Oh suck. I think I would call that another win in the PC as game machines column.
I don't need this from you right now!!!

Old 02-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #94
Chopperman
I am dead

Quote:
I don't need this from you right now!!!

I know. Sorry.I wasnt trying to rub it in
Old 02-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #95
Charla
Tamalamian

Oddometer: 25,998
Quote:
Whelp.

TADA!!!!!

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Not the dreaded

That sucks!
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #96
Chopperman
I am dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charla

Not the dreaded

That sucks!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:36 PM   #97
CA_Strom
Cunning Linguist

Oddometer: 2,128
Quote:

Not the dreaded

That sucks!
Had that last month on the boys xbox 360.... of course it only happens when you're one month out of warranty... Beotch at Microsoft is on the phone with me and asks "how was your Christmas"... My reply, "well it would be a fucking lot better if this fucking xbox did not break, rendering all my kids xmas present games useless...." Her reply, "well at least you had your family for xmas..." To that I nearly went off, but $100 and 4 weeks later they had fixed the problem, just like everyone I know who has had their xbox die... Fuck You Microsoft.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #98
Chopperman
I am dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Strom
Had that last month on the boys xbox 360.... of course it only happens when you're one month out of warranty... Beotch at Microsoft is on the phone with me and asks "how was your Christmas"... My reply, "well it would be a fucking lot better if this fucking xbox did not break, rendering all my kids xmas present games useless...." Her reply, "well at least you had your family for xmas..." To that I nearly went off, but $100 and 4 weeks later they had fixed the problem, just like everyone I know who has had their xbox die... Fuck You Microsoft.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:43 PM   #99
Chopperman
I am dead

Just because I am a curious cuss... I went and looked up how to fix it at home...

http://ezinearticles.com/?Which-Xbox...st?&id=1310692
Old 02-27-2009, 08:47 PM   #100
Charla
Tamalamian

Oddometer: 25,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Strom

If they told me they were going to charge $100 to fix it I would tell them "Fuck off, I'm going to buy a PS3."

Seriously. If the problem is that common they should fix it. How many Xbox owners don't know about the dreaded red ring of death?
Charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #101
EvilGenius OP
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
If they told me they were going to charge $100 to fix it I would tell them "Fuck off, I'm going to buy a PS3."

Seriously. If the problem is that common they should fix it. How many Xbox owners don't know about the dreaded red ring of death?
I knew about it, just didn't want it to happen tonight. I think I'll break it open tomorrow and see if I feel like doing the xclamp fix.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #102
InfoManiac
Always Learning

Oddometer: 5,889
Quote:
I knew about it, just didn't want it to happen tonight. I think I'll break it open tomorrow and see if I feel like doing the xclamp fix.
I think the ice and vinegar bath would have more entertaining results....

Set up a video camera first...

Smugmug coupon ----- 5w5TPcXpTtBdw --- Save $5.00!!
InfoManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:56 PM   #103
Chopperman
I am dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoManiac
I think the ice and vinegar bath would have more entertaining results....

Set up a video camera first...

That would be the "Loaded checks into a hotel" method. Ask him. He is the expert.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #104
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,789
Dude, that sucks. (sigh) But sooner or later every Xbox owner has to deal with it.

Second time wasn't so bad for me.
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Johnny Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:46 PM   #105
CA_Strom
Cunning Linguist

Oddometer: 2,128
Quote:

I hear you, but when your kids are about $500 into games including a new Guitar Hero World Tour set-up, it's tough to switch consoles. I tried every you-tube "fix it yourself" process and none worked. I swear Microsoft has this failure programed into the fucking things to boost revenue... Never again!! Okay, off to play some COD 5 World at War... need to take out some aggressions with the trench gun and bouncing betty's.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: