ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #466
cavscout99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorebutt View Post
How about you guys meet at the dynamart and pick me up at Gibbs Eddy. What time did you guys want to meet up?
Same time you guys met up today, 8:30 at the Dynamart?
cavscout99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #467
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavscout99 View Post
Same time you guys met up today, 8:30 at the Dynamart?

8:30 at the Dynamart works for me. Sorebutt see ya at Gibbs.
Mtnseker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #468
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,756
I'll see you guys at Gibbs Eddy a little after 8:30.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #469
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Eagle creek was a beast. I told Sorebutt we made Steep and Rocky proud. 11 miles never felt so long. Total body workout. Wapshilla ridge had beautiful panoramic views. It reminded me of Roy's computer desktop wallpaper. Lots of ATV/truck traffic on the Waha and side roads.

I am thinking we can start early, 8AM and be back in valley area by 5PM. Meet at Dynamart at 8AM. Palouse folks can meet at the Chase bank in downtown Pullman at 7AM.

I tried out the standard version of the "wet head" gs today. Oodles of power and great handling. I can't see how someone can ride such a responsive machine on the dirt. Sbrownn, I would probably recommend getting the premium version, which has settings for different surface types.
RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #470
cavscout99
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessRider View Post
Eagle creek was a beast. I told Sorebutt we made Steep and Rocky proud. 11 miles never felt so long. Total body workout. Wapshilla ridge had beautiful panoramic views. It reminded me of Roy's computer desktop wallpaper. Lots of ATV/truck traffic on the Waha and side roads.

I am thinking we can start early, 8AM and be back in valley area by 5PM. Meet at Dynamart at 8AM. Palouse folks can meet at the Chase bank in downtown Pullman at 7AM.

I tried out the standard version of the "wet head" gs today. Oodles of power and great handling. I can't see how someone can ride such a responsive machine on the dirt. Sbrownn, I would probably recommend getting the premium version, which has settings for different surface types.
I have no problem meeting at 8:00, I'll probably just shoot down 95 to the spiral highway instead of going over to Pullman first. We talked about 8:30 a couple of post ago so we just need to confirm with the other guys.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #471
sorebutt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,756
I can meet at a little after 8:00 at Gibbs Eddy. I don't know if Ron sees this. He might be in bed already. I've been watching supercross racing on TV.

Lets check this site in the morning to make sure everyone is on the same page.
sorebutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #472
cavscout99
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I can meet at a little after 8:00 at Gibbs Eddy. I don't know if Ron sees this. He might be in bed already. I've been watching supercross racing on TV.

Lets check this site in the morning to make sure everyone is on the same page.
Sounds good, we won't leave Dynamart until he gets there.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #473
Mtnseker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:

Lets check this site in the morning to make sure everyone is on the same
page.

OK, on the same page. Dynomart at 8:00
Mtnseker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #474
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestlessRider View Post

I was down on the river and took some pictures of the ridge line where you guys were at one point.
Phyllis and I were taking the tour boat with a group doing a geology class under LCSC continuing education. Very good trip. I have pictures of the ridge from the river.

I think I can see Restlessrider looking over the edge.

Stopped at Garden Creek Ranch

Geology lesson

Deer at Garden creek

Phyllis in a mine at Lime Kiln Point

Mouth of the Imnaha River

Need to work on stuff today

R1200GSW , wow Restlessrider, did you order the one with the acive ride settings?
Old 05-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #475
75monza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
I saw a KTM 950 SE sitting across the street from the Green Frog in Palouse on Saturday. Was that anybody on here? I think that they were with a group because there was another bike sitting up on the side walk next to the SE. I was the guy on the KTM Adventure loaded up with new tires strapped on top of it.

That was a good looking SE.
75monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #476
Sapling
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 413
Well I made it from Seattle area to Palouse falls weekend before last and had a great time! What a beautiful area in the spring. Had to cut my trip short with a family emergency but I will be back....

My chariot..

My little companion while shooting the sunrise...

And of course Palouse falls... I have never been here before and will be back soon! What an amazing place!

Sapling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #477
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,796
WOW that's a beautiful shot of Palouse Falls.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #478
zaptoad
just a guy

Oddometer: 297
Agreed!!!!

Standing out on that point where the water breaks over the edge with the roar, always makes me wonder how those kayakers survive the fall!!!! Man, that's got to hurt!!!!!

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/...palouse-falls/

zaptoad screwed with this post 05-06-2013 at 04:43 PM Reason: added link.
zaptoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #479
cavscout99
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Well I made it from Seattle area to Palouse falls weekend before last and had a great time! What a beautiful area in the spring. Had to cut my trip short with a family emergency but I will be back....

And of course Palouse falls... I have never been here before and will be back soon! What an amazing place!

Looks like I got another place to ride to.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:10 PM   #480
RestlessRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Some pictures from the ride last Saturday to Wapshilla ridge and Eagle Creek road to the Salmon river.

On Sunday, Sorebutt, MtnSeeker, Cavscout and I met at Gibb's eddy at about 8:45am and headed towards Kooskia. I overslept in the morning and had a late start and I had to hustle the 250 to get down to the valley in 30 mins and then another 20 mins to get to Gibb's eddy. From there it was an hour of pavement to get to Kamiah, where we gased up. Then we took highway 13, on past Stites, hung a left at Sally Ann Creek road. After a few miles, we took a right onto the famed Elk city wagon road. There was a lot of gravel on the roads and we all reduced our tire pressure. After that I promptly got lost from the group and wandered the opposite way, the previous day's ride may have worn me out or maybe it was the Monday blues. I made my way back and rejoined with the group.

We went up the wagon road as far as we could but we had to backtrack after a few miles due to snow. After that I think we did Meadow creek road, Lightning creek road, Medicine creek road and then took a right on Peasley creek road. Except for Peasley creek road most of the roads were hard surface with a little bit of dirt and gravel on the top, so they were relatively fast roads which didn't require standing up as often. Peasley creek was more primitive two track but it was down hill and a fairly fast road. There were several obstacles like fallen trees and rocks that required slowing and manoeuvring but it wasn't too bad.

Peasely creek road ended at highway 14 and we took a left to do the 30 miles of scenic pavement along the South fork of the Clearwater over to Elk City. We stopped at the Elk City Saloon to have a late lunch. Shortly after that I topped off my little KLX tank and headed back up highway 14 and 13 to Stites. We all gased again and did highway 12 up to Orofino. From there we took highway 7 over to Kendrick where Cavscout and I parted ways with Sorebutt and Mtnseeker. Highway 7 was twisty and fun to ride. Sorebutt had a big grin on his face at the top of the grade. From Kendrick, Cavscout and I took highway 99 to Troy and then highway 8 home. It was easily a 325 mile day for me. Some pictures from the ride below.

RestlessRider is offline   Reply With Quote