Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2002, 05:53 AM   #1
haj OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
2003 BMW 650 Dakar Question/Info

BMW Afficiondos,
I just wanna thank you for all the write-ups in this wonderful forum. I have already pretty much made up my mind on the BMW Dakar, partially due to this site. I am also one of those that am returning to biking after a long absence due to an unfortunate motorcycle accident during my teen years. Can you say, double compound fracture of the right leg I thought you could hehe. My reasons behind the F650 thumper are the aesthestics, customer support, aftermarket parts and most of all it is a bitchin looking motorcycle. I have nothing against Japanese rice rockets but they just dont have anything that compares. In fact I ride a Japanese bike currently but am ready to upgrade. I plan on riding mostly road it will be my daily commuter and whenever I get a kitchen pass I plan on motoring on back trails around my area.
Has anyone read the August 02 issue of Motorcyclist and the interview with Marco von Maltzman the CEO of BMW motorcycles. I was a little disappointed to read that BMW will no longer be participating in the Paris-Dakar due to amongst other things: lack of media coverage and lack of other mnfs participating other than KTM which apparently kicked BMWs butt in 01
My question is do any of you know about the specs for the 2003 BMW F650 Dakar any radical changes? Color scheme, fuel control probs, suspension etc I have surfed the web and scanned the magazine racks to no avail. Any info would be much appreciated. And also anymore riding impressions from the ADVrider community would be much appreciated.

Thanks all,

haj
haj is offline   Reply With Quote