User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 03:05 PM   #31
DiscoDino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,819
FAWKING NICE! Now you are making me want the large and small one... ...volume rebate?
Old 03-29-2009, 03:27 PM   #32
DiscoDino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,819
Actually, I'll think I'll go with the Giant Loop...ya'll taking orders?
Old 03-30-2009, 06:46 AM   #33
mklebel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
You have me sold. When/Where can I order one?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #34
brad21
Farting in a Fan

Oddometer: 3,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDino
Actually, I'll think I'll go with the Giant Loop...ya'll taking orders?
Here you go guys:

http://www.giantloopmoto.com/collect...oop-saddle-bag

BRC Member #49252 JOIN TODAY! https://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute
Old 03-31-2009, 08:45 PM   #35
MTDewX8
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
waiting for them to fit the X-challenge.

hopefully just in time for riding, yeahoooo
Old 03-31-2009, 09:24 PM   #36
wachs OP
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by mklebel
You have me sold. When/Where can I order one?
Thanks for the link Brad21 but here's the Great Basin specific - We'll be updating the site this week: http://www.giantloopmoto.com/product...asin-saddlebag

and you can stay on the cutting edge here:
http://www.giantloopmoto.blogspot.com/

We cannot process orders for The Great Basin until we have them in stock unless you would like to send a check to our office. We have an email list of interested customers and dealers. To get your name on that please email us: ride@giantloopmoto.com

Wait till you see the black on black graphic -

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
Old 03-31-2009, 09:37 PM   #37
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,636
WOW these are nice! More than I need currently, but will keep an eye on these as the need may arise.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #38
Flyin Brian
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Pannier pods. I like!
Very nicely done Dave.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #39
wachs OP
just passin' through

We'll have our first production units on thursday 4/16/09.

Guys that have pre-ordered will have theirs next week

First stop, BMW of Western Oregon to share with those nice fellas in Tigard, then we move on up to Seattle for a few more show-and-tells. Saturday at a private Husaberg Demo Day and then back here to the shop.

We've been asked about the materials and put together this descriptive list of features. Think about this for a second: the lower pannier area has 4 layers of waterproof material between your stuff and the elements. All sewn together by an industrial manufacturer that is making swat team, fire-fighting and military gear when they aren't sewing our gear.

• Waterproof Bomb Shell - 22 oz. vinyl coated polyester (trucker tarp, extremely tough, UV resistant). This is not dry bag material, much more burly. #10, double headed YKK waterproof zipper allows partial or total access to interior. Single stitching does not require seam sealing (see thread bullet below).

• Exterior Pannier 'buckets' - 1050 Ballistic Cordura on the lower pannier area is sewn on top of the Bomb Shell to double up the protection in this area. Probably overkill but we have lots of crashing experience and this area will receive the most abuse.

• Base layer - Heat resistant, grip layer against machine sewn through 1/4" closed cell foam, backed with yellow, coated (waterproof) nylon. Pannier area has a layer of hard-plastic stiffener sewn between the foam and grip layer to retain the base shape. The latitudinal stitching creates a 'hinge effect' that allows the bag to 'morph' onto any machine - for example: the unusual flaring on the F800 fuel cell below the rear seat, The Great Basin fits on this bike as if it were made model-specific.

• Attachment webbings - 1" Ballistic Cordura for the structural components that attach to the passenger peg brackets. These 2 pieces are continuous over the sides and top of the base layer. 1" Ny-like for all the compression strapping.

• Buckles - Large aluminum (with steel axles) cam-locks on the peg attachment and smaller versions of the same product on the comp' strapping. These are from the white water rafting industry (think NRS) and will not slip when wet.

• Aluminum Ring - this is on the top and serves as the junction for the top and rear comp' strapping. 250 pound test solid aluminum, no weld.

• Removable pannier 'pods' - 1680 waterproof nylon. This looks exactly like Ballistic Cordura but is slightly less expensive. Lined with another layer of waterproof nylon. Easy-to-grab Ny-like webbing handle. #10 YKK zippers have proven durability on our Giant Loop bag. This means there are 4 layers of waterproof material between your gear and the elements. Again, probably overkill but we're not taking any chances.

• Interior Top Case - 1680 waterproof nylon, fully lined with hi-vis yellow waterproof nylon. # 10 YKK zipper is very easy to use when stuffing a sleeping bag into this compartment. All seams are bound with Ballistic Cordura webbing.

• Bottle Compartments - 1680 waterproof nylon, fully lined with hi-vis yellow waterproof nylon. Tough, elastic drawstring, Delrin closure with Delrin pull tab. 2- 1" Ny-like webbing with Delrin ladder lock buckles (each) secure bottle firmly against the base layer at seat height. These compartments will also hold a nice bottle of wine or nasty tequila as well as 1 liter 'Sigg-type' fuel cell. Also a great place for keeping socks dry.

• Binding - 100% 1050 Ballistic Cordura webbing.

• Tailored Stuff Sacks - yellow, coated (waterproof) nylon with drawstrings and Delrin closure. These are tailored to fit easily between the pannier pods and top-case area over the bottle compartments.

• Thread - we use 2 different threads. One is actually Ballistic Cordura and so does not require double stitching. The other is a military-grade product that our manufacturer has access to and uses it on other fire-fighting, military and swat team law enforcement products that they produce in the same factory. This hi-tech product actually expands slightly when moistened so seam sealing is not required for waterproofing.

• Reflective Tape - On both, side-compression straps. This is the same stuff used on fire-fighting, military and swat team law enforcement products. Will not crack, fade or peel. It is integrated into the strap-end 'belt loop'.

• Graphics - really nasty vinyl ink that is 100% UV proof, won't peel off or degrade.

• Designed and built in the USA for enthusiasts world-wide.

Gonna be a great riding season!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #40
Capital E
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Very nice! I actually had a dream about this bag the other night. I have problems, I know. I am planning a Moab trip May 8th. If I order the bag today would I have one by then or is your first production run spoken for? Also, I don't see KTM 640 Adventure listed as one of the bikes it will fit but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. The bike has passenger pegs. Is there any reason it wouldn't work on a 640A? Thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 12:28 PM   #41
wachs OP
just passin' through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capital E
I don't see KTM 640 Adventure listed as one of the bikes it will fit but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. The bike has passenger pegs. Is there any reason it wouldn't work on a 640A? Thanks
These are prototype photos - the graphics, lower pannier areas with ballistic Cordura and the dual comp' straps on the rider side (up to the ring) were not on this version yet.

We'll have our entire production run available next week. The pre-ordered bags are shipping on friday. No problem for your Moab trip.

Here it is on a '95 KTM 620 RXC - Sorry, I had to sell my 640A but I do know they are very similar geometry at least in the rear.

He does not have the factory footrests but as you know, they are in this area:

This used to be my bike and I ground off those 2 vertical strap loops on the stock rear rack. This will sit partly on your seat and partly on the rack. You'll still have room for another bag or tent behind The Great Basin. All of it will connect with our compression straps so you don't even need any other devices to secure your kit to the bike!

wachs screwed with this post 04-14-2009 at 02:38 PM
Old 04-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #42
DolphinJohn
Not Fragile

Oddometer: 3,913
I ordered mine!!!

Just spoke to Dave on the phone and he answered all my questions.
(I hadn't seen this thread, d'oh!!)

I'm stoked, this seems to be the perfect setup for those of us who don't like
hard cases with racks.

My Ride Reports
Old 04-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #43
crash a-ron
mmm...burnt steel

Oddometer: 323
Pictures really do not do this bag justice. Very, very cool in person. Fit every bike I tried it on. So cool I ordered on on the spot. Hope to see it soon...

Great to meet both of you yesterday, and I hope to see you at vendor fair!

Cheers-

1995 VMC sidecarcross rig
Seattle, Washington
Old 04-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #44
wachs OP
just passin' through

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron
Pictures really do not do this bag justice. Very, very cool in person. Fit every bike I tried it on. So cool I ordered on on the spot. Hope to see it soon...

Great to meet both of you yesterday, and I hope to see you at vendor fair!

Cheers-

Hey Aaron - Thanks for your time last week. We sure had a blast riding all those cool Huskies and Husabergs yesterday up north. Man are my arms sore, skiing does NOTHING for the upper body. Yes, I am coming back to attend your vendor event and greatly appreciate the opportunity to show our new kit.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:05 AM   #45
tripletom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
This is so tempting for the Tenere...sorry that you guys don't get them ;) Will be saving pennies.
Closed Thread