User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
austinl08 OP
Austin

Oddometer: 15
Laugh daytona bike week form south louisiana

hello. i just got back from a weekend at bike week in daytona florida. i took my new klr 650 there form lake charles, louisana. lots of people over there told me i was crazy taking that little scooter all the way there. to which i replied this bike will go in way more places than yours will, most had harleys.
but. it was my first big trip ive ever done. i had a blast. took about 12-14 hours to get there. saw about every bike there is to see from new to old. even got to test ride a few demo bikes. also got to see the bikini contest and the hooters girls and a lot of just random people and stufff. they also had races goin on all day long at the track. only saw 2 other 08+ klr's im sure there were more there though. also met some people form around my area. even ran into a few i knew. heres a few pics.

my bike and stepdad

this is a 400 horse power car engine on a chopper frame. there were a few of these here for sale. when the guy reved it up it threw the bike to the side it was intense.

and the bikini contest

and then twisted's gs was there

and there klr

and there were hooters girls of course

well it was an awsome event. Austin
austinl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:03 AM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,571
Somethings in Daytona never change... babes! Thanks for the pics and morning eye candy
Old 03-09-2009, 04:33 AM   #3
locorider
Loco, pero no estúpido!

Oddometer: 2,441
Man, I missed the bikini contest...I was there and rode a borrowed KLR. We rode from Orlando via 415 and it was a blast.

I'm sure you have more bikini contest pictures you want to share...you know, for the benefit of all those guys that couldn't make it!

"If you don't follow your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable", Burt Munro, The World's Fastest Indian
locorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:32 AM   #4
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,407
Dang! Seems the babe get better looking ever year. Or, is that an age thing? Last time I went to Daytona was in the early '70's. ;-(. The looked pretty darn good then too. ha ha ha

A '00 KLR 650 39,000 miles, A '07 1250S 77,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 76,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
austinl08 OP
Austin

Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by achesley
Dang! Seems the babe get better looking ever year. Or, is that an age thing? Last time I went to Daytona was in the early '70's. ;-(. The looked pretty darn good then too. ha ha ha
of course more bikini pics comin rite up

Old 03-09-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
FrostedPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
FrostedPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #7
Goran69
MNE

Oddometer: 834
Man, I have to go there I just have to.......
Goran69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
redsox716
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Wow the girls at the cabbage patch didn't look anything like that!!

2004 Honda 919
"When in doubt, GAS IT!"
redsox716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #9
Haroon
RIDE for PASSION

Oddometer: 540
Thanks for the energy drink!!
So Daytona was all about Bikes, Babes and Beer

Hope you also saw the guys that trailer their custom bikes to Daytona and then change into 'biker costumes' and ride up & down beach street with loud pipes few times to fulfil the ritual 'been there, did it'!
Haroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #10
Digger Deep
Keep 'er Lit

Oddometer: 203
excellent report mate, i didnt read a word !!!
Digger Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #11
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,684
So it is really supposed to be called Daytona Babe Week. Hell, nobody told me that. I though it was about bikes and Bad Boys Frat Party antics. Thanks for letting me know.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #12
divingbiker
True Blue Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Awesome bikes

Ok, I didnt see pictures of the bikes but Damn, the babes were very nice. Did you actually ride down there on your KLR? I thought most of the guys that went to Daytona trailered their bikes.

Ok, tell us about the trip. How many miles did you ride? What kind of gas mileage does that thumper get? Did you camp or stay in cheap motels?

You cant just distract us with skimpy bikini clad babes............well ok, perhaps you can.

'09 F800GS
"09 KLR 650
'08 Harley Davidson CVO Ultra Classic
'04 F650GS
divingbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:32 PM   #13
austinl08 OP
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingbiker
\ Did you actually ride down there on your KLR? I thought most of the guys that went to Daytona trailered their bikes.

Ok, tell us about the trip. How many miles did you ride? What kind of gas mileage does that thumper get? Did you camp or stay in cheap motels?
i sure did ride there on my klr as most of the others there looked at my bike then my liscense plate and said i was crazy. these were either harley riders rice burners. to which i replied to them this bike can go anywhere and being a klr it litteraly can go just about [U]anywhere[U]. some refered to it as a scooter. i kinda laughed at that myself. it was around 750 miles from here to daytona. friday night i bummed a hotel from some friends i knew that happen to be there on there hardleys. then stayed all day and night in daytona at and around the track. in the morning i met a few dual sporters which i followed for a few miles off road then realizeing they were going strictly offroading for 140 miles in the sand, so i headed back to daytona. then to a few bars in the area after the event. and began to head home and got about 150 miles down the way and stopped at a cheap hotel. crashed there and left in the morning to finish the 600 miles. i burned about 45 mpg on my klr i cruised around 75 the entire way. the bulletproof klr did/handled exactly as it should have. had a blast.