User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
smeagol OP
Beemer Virgin

Oddometer: 100
Touratech Canada Stealer in Montreal

So Touratech Canada's new website is up and running. You can order online now. I checked the site and it appears that Moto-Internationale (the store where the TT dealer is located) has jacked up the prices since 3 weeks ago.

I called 3 weeks ago and spoke with the TT manager there and he gave me quotes on like 20 different bits of farkle... Checked today, and prices jumped considerably...

FYI for anyone interested in purchasing from here, it is cheaper (in Ontario at least) to order on the net from them and ship it than it is to go in and pick it up in Montreal. Saving on the taxes I assume.

I also checked with TT USA and it looks like heading to the USA is cheaper a bit, but when you take in the state taxes or whatever there and the duty CBSA would undoubtedly make you pay (for a large order like mine anyway - $2500) you're better off saving the gas and time and just order from Montreal's TT Canada.

Another example of the common man taking it dry from the stealers . Would have thought with the economy the way it is, prices would at least stay the same, not go up!!

...Bastids

I'm done now, sorry for overreacting

brum-brum!! I has a motorbikes!
smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol
So Touratech Canada's new website is up and running. You can order online now. I checked the site and it appears that Moto-Internationale (the store where the TT dealer is located) has jacked up the prices since 3 weeks ago.

I called 3 weeks ago and spoke with the TT manager there and he gave me quotes on like 20 different bits of farkle... Checked today, and prices jumped considerably...

FYI for anyone interested in purchasing from here, it is cheaper (in Ontario at least) to order on the net from them and ship it than it is to go in and pick it up in Montreal. Saving on the taxes I assume.

I also checked with TT USA and it looks like heading to the USA is cheaper a bit, but when you take in the state taxes or whatever there and the duty CBSA would undoubtedly make you pay (for a large order like mine anyway - $2500) you're better off saving the gas and time and just order from Montreal's TT Canada.

Another example of the common man taking it dry from the stealers . Would have thought with the economy the way it is, prices would at least stay the same, not go up!!

...Bastids

Hard to understand why they can justify price increase. The Euro has gone down against the Cdn $. I'd never buy anything from Quebec, on principle, not even maple syrup!. Plus, you save tons on TT USA even with exchange, and talk to someone you can actually understand.
Steve
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
John Stenhouse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Is this because the Euro v Dollar exchange rate has changed?
John Stenhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
John Stenhouse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Sorry I type too slow
John Stenhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
Uncledeadly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
How much of an increase?

I'm almost willing to bet that the TT Quebec/Canada is a dealer for TT USA. They probably had to jack their prices to combat the sluggish CDN $.
R
Old 03-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
BlackBeast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
I'm still digesting the fact that you spent $2500 on TT farkles - what the hell did you get? And since you mentioned it, you have to post pics once everything is installed.
BlackBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
homeontherange
Ochlophobiac

Oddometer: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeast
I'm still digesting the fact that you spent $2500 on TT farkles - what the hell did you get? And since you mentioned it, you have to post pics once everything is installed.

Isn't that the price for, like, one TT tankbag?
Old 03-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #8
touche
RidAventure maniac

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G.
I'd never buy anything from Quebec, on principle, not even maple syrup!.
Steve
What a nice Canadian specimen

IT's hard not being politic when I ear such a jurk, I forgive you man, you sure are drunk sitting alone in you lumber camp... (See, we can apply some stereotypes too)

More seriously, We should take care not to bring these attitudes on such a cool forum, we all ride adventure and should concentrate on it...

If you ever come in Montreal I pay you a beer, so you will not need to buy it
touche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #9
touche
RidAventure maniac

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncledeadly
I'm almost willing to bet that the TT Quebec/Canada is a dealer for TT USA. They probably had to jack their prices to combat the sluggish CDN $.
R
Before they had to order thru USA, at that time TT Canada was in Alberta and doing business with them was a nightmare.

I know for sure that they now order directly from DE.

Moto International was my dealer for 3 years and they really are sharp, nobody said cheap, but I always got good value for my money.

But hey, that's only my opinion, me the poor Quebecer that can go see all that new stuff on my lunch time
touche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #10
mhouck
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol

...Bastids

I just checked out their site. Does not appear there is an online store. Am I not looking in the right place??
mhouck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:44 AM   #11
pelvis_98
Havin A Time

Oddometer: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by touche
What a nice Canadian specimen

IT's hard not being politic when I ear such a jurk, I forgive you man, you sure are drunk sitting alone in you lumber camp... (See, we can apply some stereotypes too)

More seriously, We should take care not to bring these attitudes on such a cool forum, we all ride adventure and should concentrate on it...

If you ever come in Montreal I pay you a beer, so you will not need to buy it
Cool, I look forward to having a beer next time I'm riding there.
pelvis_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:37 AM   #12
Turkish113
Beemer Virgin 2

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouck
I just checked out their site. Does not appear there is an online store. Am I not looking in the right place??
That's the website for their webshop.

http://www.touratech.com/shops/020/index.php
Turkish113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:47 AM   #13
Turkish113
Beemer Virgin 2

Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeast
We are a little bit retarded... I pretty much bought the same gears then him. This is going to be an expensive trip and we're not even gone yet!
The new bike, Rev'it! gears and lots of Touratech farkle... Can't wait to hit the road.

But I must say it's frustrating when you spend so much of your hard earned money and nobody have the common courtesy to "Deal" a little... We both bought roughly 2500$ of touratech farkle, we both bought a spiffy new BMW and yet we hardly got a deal on the bikes and nothing on the Touratech. At least our fellow rider at http://www.beachmoto.com/revit/gear.php was kind enough to give me a good deal. Same with the dudes at Ridersdiscount for the Arai XD-3 Helmet.

It is a good day indeed brothers!!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:51 AM   #14
Turkish113
Beemer Virgin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by touche
Before they had to order thru USA, at that time TT Canada was in Alberta and doing business with them was a nightmare.

I know for sure that they now order directly from DE.

Moto International was my dealer for 3 years and they really are sharp, nobody said cheap, but I always got good value for my money.

But hey, that's only my opinion, me the poor Quebecer that can go see all that new stuff on my lunch time
I must admit I am jealous that you can go drool over new gears at your leisure...
Old 03-10-2009, 05:19 AM   #15
dialdn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
I spent a couple grand with MotoInt in the last few weeks on TT stuff. They are good to deal with and ship quickly.

D