Old 03-10-2009, 06:17 AM   #17
dialdn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick West
Zega Pro 45 litre with S/S racks for a 1200GS $2900.00

What a good deal
Yes a bit insane. But, it is the only price I have seen thus far. I will be even happier now buying my OEM Adv panniers.

D
Old 03-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #18
leeky bootz
Gravitationaly challenged

Oddometer: 58
Free beer? I'll get the next round.

[quote

If you ever come in Montreal I pay you a beer, so you will not need to buy it [/quote]

Nice!!! Another fellow Canadian to drink beer with!!
02 HD Road King
88 Honda ZB50
leeky bootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #19
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,754
I drop in to Moto Int when I need a fix and they have come a long ways. I find for a large BMW dealer they still carry a not very complete selection of BMW clothing. I'd really like to try a Comfort Shell jacket but there aren't ever any around. Only 1 RP2 on a manequin.

There wasn't really much in the Touratech display that I'd want. Maybe it'll take a bit of time?

They do now carry Rev'it gear and had one jacket my size but it was $750 plus 15% sales tax. Beach Moto or Revzilla have the same one for $450US. Adding the exchange rate into the mix puts it up to $550. Then customs charges to factor in but I think there's still a lot of $$ to be saved buying online.

They are offering off road riding clinics etc which is great. And this year I'll sign up for the BMW Off Road ride in September.

If you want tires though, they are the guys to beat.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #20
smeagol OP
Beemer Virgin

Oddometer: 100
I know it's kinda mad spending that much in one spot, but what the hell... may as well have good stuff that'll (hopefully) last...

I'm glad to hear that others have had good experiences with Moto-Internationale, but sadly, my dealings with them haven't been the best... Mostly just that the staff working the sales floor and parts counter seemed a bit rude or unprofessional... Not that I am starving for attention, but when I went in it seemed as though they could give 2 shits that we wanted to drop 5 grand in their parts dept, and also were considering buying around $34,000 worth of BMW motorbikes.

Maybe it's just me, or because they are a huge dealer and have lots of business, but if I owned a shop, I would try my damnedest to make sure my customers were taken care of... I just felt like they were saying "well, too fak'n bad pal, if you don't like it you can leave, there are a lot more people waiting in line"

Pics to follow once the bikes and gear are delivered in April-ish!!

brum-brum!! I has a motorbikes!
smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:29 PM   #21
MCMXCIVRS
Begining the Adventure

Oddometer: 1,203
I notice all the prices on the web site include both GST and PST. Since I don't live in Quebec, they should not be adding the provincal tax into the prices.

I tried to deal with them last year on the warranty repair of my TT tankbag. After much run around, they gave me the go ahead to get it fixed locally but never paid me for it after I sent them the bill. It wasn't a big expense, so I never pursued it further, but I won't forget either.

I also tried to find out about buying a Revit suit earlier last year and they never responded to my requests at all. I ended up buying the suit while I was down in the US. Then after destroying the same suit two months later in a wreck, I bought another identical one from the same shop in the US by mail. Just for not bothering to show interest in my request they lost out on the sale of two suits.

I think I'll continue to find somewhere else to get accessories.
MCMXCIVRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #22
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

I can't say my dealing there have been good but after 20 years I'm trying to forgive them.

Way back in 1988 I put a deposit on a BMW and over the course of the winter made a few more totalling up to about $4000. One early spring week I call and say get the bike ready, I'll pick it up this weekend. Guy comes on the line and says we don't have it any more. Turns out it was very common for them to they take multiple deposits on bikes and then sell to whoever brings the balance first. I tried to get my $$ back but the sales manager told me he had just finished a law course and that if I wanted my money I'd have to take them to court.
It was spring and my money was tied up and I wanted a bike so they brought a bike over from another dealer but it was beat up so I refused. Eventually they sold me one of their salesmen or mechanic's bikes. It was a 85 K100RS and eventually turns out it was run endurance style around Montreal to prove how tough they were. Bike gave me quite a few problems and ever since then they reamin way out of my good books and only buy there when I don't have any other choices. Screw someone once and the memory remains for a long long time. I could have spent 1000 times the amount they made off that deal if I was treated fairly but no more my friends

Dan Alexander screwed with this post 03-10-2009 at 04:58 PM
Dan Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #23
mixedup
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
fwiw, about a month ago i got a quote on a TT seat from the canadian dealer and was told 6 weeks or so to receive. i ended up ordering from the u.s... with hopes of receiving it sooner (which i did), and hopes for an early spring! anyway...all said & done, it probably would have been cheaper to order from the canadian dealer (but much faster from the u.s. who shipped to the UPS depot for pickup).

next time i'll try via canada...

edit: it DOES look like the prices have increased...it would no longer be cheaper to buy from canada.
mixedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #24
smeagol OP
Beemer Virgin

So i got my reply from the TT manager there in Montreal... I sent him a frustrated email asking why, after only 3 weeks had my $2000 order turned into a $2500 order.

All I got in response to that was a simple "there has been a price increase recently"

No shit. Jesus...

and then he proceeds to try to hide the increase in smoke and mirrors about taxes and shipping costs... which I didn't quite understand, as taxes in Quebec are still the same, and the shipping cost is added after the fact... so basically he was ing and wouldn't just say the bloody base prices for EVERYTHING went up...

This is total foolishness!! If they weren't the only distributor in Canada, I'd go elsewhere. What is this dude's issue?

Old 03-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #25
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Go elsewhere anyways??

What exactly are you buying? Saddlebags, buy Jesse's or Micatech's or Trax. There isn't anything you can't get online and no doubt at a better price and with better service.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:11 PM   #26
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 5,003
I had a brief encounter at motointernationale in September while on an 8300km ride from Newfoundland.

I roll up, the store says "open" so I go in and look around the day after being turned away because they were doing inventory and stroll around to see all the stuff that I'll never see at home.

When I ducked a little rope to see some clothing and accessories one of the sales people started yelling at me that they were doing inventory etc and to get out. I did, and I will never spend a dime ordering Touratech or anything else from them while I can still do business ordering from Washington.

I felt it was a pretty poor way to treat someone from over 1000 miles away who only wanted to look around on that particular day. I started taking Touratech orders from my local friends while working in the US so I could hand deliver the farkles and stick it to motointernationale-just on principle.

If you can't deliver half an ounce of customer service then close your doors!
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:04 AM   #27
smeagol OP
Beemer Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69
+1

Old 03-15-2009, 07:41 AM   #28
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69
I had a brief encounter at motointernationale in September while on an 8300km ride from Newfoundland.

I roll up, the store says "open" so I go in and look around the day after being turned away because they were doing inventory and stroll around to see all the stuff that I'll never see at home.

When I ducked a little rope to see some clothing and accessories one of the sales people started yelling at me that they were doing inventory etc and to get out. I did, and I will never spend a dime ordering Touratech or anything else from them while I can still do business ordering from Washington.

I felt it was a pretty poor way to treat someone from over 1000 miles away who only wanted to look around on that particular day. I started taking Touratech orders from my local friends while working in the US so I could hand deliver the farkles and stick it to motointernationale-just on principle.

I hear your thoughts, and understand. All I can say is, look at the location of the shop. I've tried to buy stuff out of Quebec for years, it's simply hopeless unless you speak french. My old company's H.Q. was in Montreal. Never once was anything easy, the language issue meant we had to jump hoops for the most simple of requests.
As long as there is another Touratech outlet somewhere else on this planet, I know I can buy TT stuff without having to suffer that intolerable arrogance and indifference. And when MI is the only place to buy TT, I'll not buy TT.
Steve
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #29
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G.
I hear your thoughts, and understand. All I can say is, look at the location of the shop. I've tried to buy stuff out of Quebec for years, it's simply hopeless unless you speak french. My old company's H.Q. was in Montreal. Never once was anything easy, the language issue meant we had to jump hoops for the most simple of requests.
As long as there is another Touratech outlet somewhere else on this planet, I know I can buy TT stuff without having to suffer that intolerable arrogance and indifference. And when MI is the only place to buy TT, I'll not buy TT.
Steve
I can't help but wonder why Touratech Germany does not set up a proper outlet for Canada as they have for the US. A stand alone business where their products could be sold where it is not a sideline. The first attempt at setting up Touratech Canada, Anderwerks, was a huge failure by their own design. Now it would appear they have done it again. I have to speak French to deal with them? I have to suffer the intolerable arrogance and indifference to deal with them?

I will continue to purchase any T/T products I need from the US dealer. My dealings with them have been great and they fully understand why Canadians keep calling.
Rick West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #30
smeagol OP
Beemer Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick West
I will continue to purchase any T/T products I need from the US dealer. My dealings with them have been great and they fully understand why Canadians keep calling.
I was under the impression from the USA TT website that they would not ship to Canada any more since MI took over TT in canada... I tried to place my order on the site and it wouldn't let me get past the part where you fill in the address...