User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #46
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,602
Pissed I am impressed

I was trying to locate a spare power cord for my Garmin 2610 and thought I would check out Toura "RIP" Canada to see if they could supply.

Check out the links and note the substantial profit margin....$100 cdn plus shipping and handling. Or $30.00 US plus shipping and handling.

I can see the new owners are trying hard to gain a loyal following and create that ever so needed customer base during tough economic times. WOW...open your eyes..

http://www.touratechcanada.ca/en-CA/renseignements.asp

http://www.touratech.com/shops/020/p...oducts_id=2961

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/sh...FBD7IgXW42F575

Old 03-18-2009, 07:23 PM   #47
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,757
The links aren't working for me right now. Does the $100 include both of the sales taxes?
Old 03-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #48
big adv
I need supervision

Oddometer: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader
I was trying to locate a spare power cord for my Garmin 2610 and thought I would check out Toura "RIP" Canada to see if they could supply.

Check out the links and note the substantial profit margin....$100 cdn plus shipping and handling. Or $30.00 US plus shipping and handling.

I can see the new owners are trying hard to gain a loyal following and create that ever so needed customer base during tough economic times. WOW...open your eyes..

http://www.touratechcanada.ca/en-CA/renseignements.asp

http://www.touratech.com/shops/020/p...oducts_id=2961

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/sh...FBD7IgXW42F575

Try GPS Central, there here in Calgary and on line. Dont know the pricing, but I try to buy here if within a few points of US pricing. Plus will not buy from any US source that will not ship via USPS, UPS charges exorbitant brokerage fees, Canada Post charges $5.00 flat fee.

Was looking at the TT Cnd web site, saw they sold Motorex oil, checked it out. 20W60 synthetic-$65.00/liter!!!! Yes this is expensive oil, but I can get it here for $32.00/liter. As most of there crap is just bling for the poisers, I find what I need elsewhere.

Earl

My dad's a TV repair man, he has an awsome set of tools. We can fix that!

big adv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:15 PM   #49
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick West
Zega Pro 45 litre with S/S racks for a 1200GS $2900.00
TT US price converts to about 2300 cdn. Adding taxes gst and pst = 2569 versus 2900 plus gst = 3045

A difference of 476 cdn or almost 2 sets of tires from SW Mototire.

Of course the US shipping to a US border is less than shipping in Canada, we are on the same time zone and in my experience it is always easier to deal with US than with Quebec.

I don't see why there is this huge push to deal with TT Canada and pay more, most of us buy our tires in the states why not expensive aftermarket accessories ?
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #50
smeagol OP
Beemer Virgin

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
try gpscentral.ca and gpscity.ca

usually have competitive pricing

brum-brum!! I has a motorbikes!
smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #51
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol
I was under the impression from the USA TT website that they would not ship to Canada any more since MI took over TT in canada... I tried to place my order on the site and it wouldn't let me get past the part where you fill in the address...
That is correct, I have "heard" that when you call they tell you that they can't sell to Canadians, then i have "heard' that only ship to a US address, and then I have "heard" that they want your credit card to match that address.

Apparently TT Canada has a different view of NAFTA than do some of the posters to this thread.

I wonder if all motorcyclists or just Canadian motorcyclists are the most diligent in shopping for lowest cost via the internet
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:52 AM   #52
Joel ph
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
TT Canada vs. USA

After I picked up my 950 Adventure last spring I went on TT USA's site and found 5 or 6 items I wanted. It worked out to about 600.00.

After placing the order I got an email directing me to TT Canada, because of their territorial agreement with Germany. I emailed them the list. They could supply 1/3 of the items (the others TTUSA produced). The prices weren't unreasonably higher but it was going to take 8 weeks to get them.

I bitched to TT Germany, USA and Canada and got the response I expected. Nothing.
It really makes no sense to have a warehouse on the west coast of the continent with the stuff in it that a customer wants but TT Canada brings it directly from Germany and increases the cost to reflect the unnecessary shipping. I expect TTUSA brings in container loads. The Canadian market isn't big enough for an exclusive territorial dealer. Unfortunately it appears it isn't important enough for the potential customers to be dealt with fairly either.

In the end I got the heated grips and accessory power plug from KTM, the GPS cable from GPS central and did without the rest.

I say screw'em all.
I'll just ride the bike and spend the money on tires and fuel.

Joel
Joel ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #53
BackRoader
Heading There Next

Oddometer: 4,602
Get this....I got a "TT power cord kit", which includes the GPS Cord along with hardware for mounting, fuse etc....from GPSCentral out of Calgary (including shipping and handling).

The official "TT" product was supplied to me for "1half the cost" that TT was selling it for out of Montreal. (not including shipping and handling)

If anyone from TT is on this site, you should start looking seriously at a new marketing plan and do some cost restructuring, if you intend on staying in business.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #54
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,587
Quote:
Get this....I got a "TT power cord kit", which includes the GPS Cord along with hardware for mounting, fuse etc....from GPSCentral out of Calgary (including shipping and handling).

The official "TT" product was supplied to me for "1half the cost" that TT was selling it for out of Montreal. (not including shipping and handling)

If anyone from TT is on this site, you should start looking seriously at a new marketing plan and do some cost restructuring, if you intend on staying in business.
Touratech Germany is doing very well I'm sure. As for TT Canada, of course no one from there will be checking out an off road/dual sport adventure site like this . Seriously, they wouldn't check a site like this unless someone directed them to this particular thread, this is an English speaking thread, it's just not going to happen.
I really feel sorry for anyone who for various reasons has to deal with TTCA if they want to buy TT. I really do, it's got to be painfull in the wallet as well as the darn frustrating. TT USA are good guys, they ride, they know their products. You go to their store [about 1/2 mile north/north-east of Boeing Field, just south of downtown Seattle] , look at the stuff, there's often seconds and shipping damaged stuff for sale a great discounts, you can try anything on your bike to see how it works. It's really a no-brainer for a west coaster.
Steve
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #55
johnnyx27
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Thumb

I've watched this post with great interest and have remained silent. I too have experienced the same issue with these clowns. I have called on about 3 occasions to get information an pricing.

To say they were less than helpful is an understatement a simple question to get info not just about pricing but about installation and general infor was met with a tone of attitute and to be honest a whole lot of indignation and overall rudeness. Basically they did not want to help or give me the time of the day.

A friend of mine also visited in person and he came away with a more sour taste in his mouth than even myself. He basically said 'these pricks will never get one penny of my money' even if this is the only place in Canada that we can get Touratech.

He even complained to Touratech in person on a recent visit to Germany and basically got a big F** You.

This led to a bit of a conversation among a few of my friends on what to do about this. If we can't get Touratech otherwise in Canada what are we going to do?

But then I realized something. Why worry and make such a big fuss? I've got a KLR and can get every accessory I need from almost anywhere.

Having the lastest Touratech farkles really won't improve my life that much and if this is the only place in Canada to get TT stuff I'll go out of my way not buy from them and will find a way to make something work.

Besides I don't want to loose sight of what's important. To me riding is about the journey and how I get there. I've often got muddled with technology and toys in the past. I've wasted too much energy worrying about what GPS mount I must have or what panniers I need.

I'll find a way to make somethign work and get on with my adventures.

Cheers,

Johnny
johnnyx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #56
smeagol OP
Beemer Virgin

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyx27
Besides I don't want to loose sight of what's important. To me riding is about the journey and how I get there. I've often got muddled with technology and toys in the past. I've wasted too much energy worrying about what GPS mount I must have or what panniers I need.
Well said, Johnny! I second that motion... however, I bit the bullet and bought the TT gear. Life's too short to hold a grudge, and I'm not gonna waste any more time/energy trying to find a cheaper way around the TT Canada dispenses. It's the gear I wanted, and I'll not let MI rain on my parade... Unless I feel like riding in the rain that day!

I'll give them my money, and tell myself Moto Internationale is only getting about $.02

It helps me sleep at night!

brum-brum!! I has a motorbikes!
smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #57
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,757
Why not order from the US and have it delivered to the UPS Store in Ogdensburgh and then have them forward it or if you're close, make a day trip out of it.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #58
pelvis_98
Havin A Time

Oddometer: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander
Why not order from the US and have it delivered to the UPS Store in Ogdensburgh and then have them forward it or if you're close, make a day trip out of it.
I agree.

if people keep taking shit and spending there money there nothing will change.

if i dont like the service at a place or dont think i was treated fairly, i dont shop there. If everyone did that stores would have to rethink the way they do business or go out or business.
pelvis_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:44 PM   #59
fyr
iRoast Coffee

Oddometer: 1,270
If TT are uptight dinks then shop elsewhere.
Just because they "support" the latest in Media (read LWR LWD franchise) Just move on. I have a KLR and shit is all over the net for that cheapskates (me) bike.
Anyways Moto Int aren't really into the BMW's they love Harley's.. Thats their bread and butter. Im pretty sure if you needed shiny chrome they'd be all shits and giggles.

fyr screwed with this post 03-21-2009 at 06:13 PM
fyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #60
Bora20
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 849
The order that I want to put through, with today's exchange of $0.805:

$3000 CAD through Montreal
$2400 CAD through Seattle

Taxes have to be paid on both. I would rather save the ~$675 or use it for new camping gear.

Ridiculous. Enough said.

Bora20 screwed with this post 03-20-2009 at 07:04 PM
Bora20 is offline   Reply With Quote