Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #76
pelvis_98
Havin A Time

Oddometer: 1,951
Whether its a Touratech product or just something they sell on their website. I dont like being ripped off. No matter what language you speak.

I click on their link.
http://www.touratech.com/shops/020/i...hp?language=en

First thing I see is GPS's. Hmmm I dont need to shop in the states. Can anyone else find me a cheaper price on those GPS's in Canada? If not Ill send you the Link
pelvis_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #77
Bora20
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelvis_98
Whether its a Touratech product or just something they sell on their website. I dont like being ripped off. No matter what language you speak.

I click on their link.
http://www.touratech.com/shops/020/i...hp?language=en

First thing I see is GPS's. Hmmm I dont need to shop in the states. Can anyone else find me a cheaper price on those GPS's in Canada? If not Ill send you the Link
http://www.gpscity.ca/ in Calgary and only 1 tax paid.

Garmin GPS60 Monochrome $238.95 at www.gpscity.ca

Garmin GPS60 Monochrome $532.21 at Touratech Canada ON SALE!
Bora20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #78
pelvis_98
Havin A Time

Oddometer: 1,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bora20
http://www.gpscity.ca/ in Calgary and only 1 tax paid.

Garmin GPS60 Monochrome $238.95 at www.gpscity.ca

Garmin GPS60 Monochrome $532.21 at Touratech Canada ON SALE!
Did you get a look at the Garmin GPSmap 60cx? I just bought this GPS last week. (not from here obviously) But if you think that is a fair price. Give me a PM. I can beat it for you.

Mind you, It did not include City navigator, Power cable and ram mount. Could some one please sell me those 3 items for a $1000 bucks? please anyone?
pelvis_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #79
smeagol OP
Beemer Virgin

Oddometer: 100
while you're checking gpscity.ca, check gps central .ca

also out of calgary, and between the 2 of them, usually competitive prices

brum-brum!! I has a motorbikes!
smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #80
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10
Now that we're all up to speed, have you seen the new prices from Parts Canada/Motovan/Kimpex?

Average of a 20% increase across the board, according to my local dealer. They're claiming the exchange rate tanking is why.

And when we were at par did they adjust their prices? Of course not, they kept raking it in.

The ones this really hurts is your dealer. As a customer, why should I pay so much more for the same part when I can cross-border it? So my local shop loses the biz, and as more and more people do so, we'll lose more local shops.

Profiteering run amok. You can't expect your customers to pay damn near double for their stuff. Tire prices are 2 for 1, and with their new rates, the rest of the consumables and gear is reaching the same level.

Not looking like a good time to be in the bike biz. And it has nothing to do with the recession.
The attitude and aggrogance of these wholesalers has been breath-taking over the years. I talked to a Motovan rep @ the Vancouver bike show about this price increase, noting that we hadn't seen a price decrease when our dollar was up over par from the low $.60's of 2 years earlier, he just smiled, and said that's market conditions for you. When I do on occasion find a better price on something in Canada, I must tell myself not to think where the bike shop has gotten the stuff, or I'd end up grinding my teeth in madness. It really bother me, these guys, acting like "higher purpose people" or some such.
Steve
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #81
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G.
The attitude and aggrogance of these wholesalers has been breath-taking over the years. I talked to a Motovan rep @ the Vancouver bike show about this price increase, noting that we hadn't seen a price decrease when our dollar was up over par from the low $.60's of 2 years earlier, he just smiled, and said that's market conditions for you. When I do on occasion find a better price on something in Canada, I must tell myself not to think where the bike shop has gotten the stuff, or I'd end up grinding my teeth in madness. It really bother me, these guys, acting like "higher purpose people" or some such. Steve
Steve,

Pity them they are working themselves out of a job and they don't even know it. The sad thing is that they are going to take more than a few dealers with them.

When this all happens it will be the educated consumer (though we won't be called that) who bought internationally and the evil internet who will be blamed for these failures.

Now excuse me while I go find my night guard
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #82
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill 310
Steve,

Pity them they are working themselves out of a job and they don't even know it. The sad thing is that they are going to take more than a few dealers with them.

When this all happens it will be the educated consumer (though we won't be called that) who bought internationally and the evil internet who will be blamed for these failures.

Yes, I'm expecting blame for this, competitiveness has nothing to do with it!
Steve
As for TT stuff, I've seen what happens to TT boxes when you lay over, the things are tin cans anyways. My Happy Trails boxes actually stiffen and strengthen the rear of the bike. Plus, no rivets to leak, no glue to crack, just welded boxes.
Steve
Old 03-22-2009, 06:42 AM   #83
fyr
iRoast Coffee

Oddometer: 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill 310
Steve,

Then the internet will be regulated somehow so that the dealers/wholesalers will get max profit. Or just higher border tariffs and the like will be placed on anything and everything.
As I said, until the whole motorbike thing loses its reputation as the midlife crisis toy store and motorbikes are taken as serious modes of transportation in this country (as they are in 75% of the rest of the world) then we will be fleeced as we dont have the numbers behind us shouting for change (political and on the retail front)
84 R65
Gonzo- 08 Ural G/U, 77 R100S, 01 Bonnie, 2x KLR's, Wee, Ninja's, CBR's, yadda yadda...
fyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #84
blackmamba
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
Moto internat/ Touratech Canada truly sux!

Yep

I have to add my little bit as well
These people are soooooooooooooooo pathetic.

Listen to this:

I browse the Touratech Canada site and see a couple of odds and ends I want
I ordered online late night March 12
They let me know that the order is processed on March 13

Then I don't hear from them again. I start to get worried. I start to work myself up in a frenz(ch)y, ready to go to attack mode.

All the goodies arrive at the post office for pickup March 23.

Halle-fuckin-lujah, ,even at the worst of times THERE IS STILL SOME GOOD SERVICE!

THANK YOU TOURATECH CANADA/ H-D MONTREAL/MOTO Intern'tl for a NO HASSLE, FAST AND ACCURATE processing and delivery of my order.

I WILL order from them again.

cheers

Couple of pedal bikes
blackmamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:22 AM   #85
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba
Yep

Listen to this:

Then I don't hear from them again. I start to get worried. I start to work myself up in a frenz(ch)y, ready to go to attack mode.

Halle-fuckin-lujah, ,even at the worst of times THERE IS STILL SOME GOOD SERVICE!

THANK YOU TOURATECH CANADA/ H-D MONTREAL/MOTO Intern'tl for a NO HASSLE, FAST AND ACCURATE processing and delivery of my order.

cheers
You forgot to say how happy you are about paying twice what the parts are worth.
Rick West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:51 AM   #86
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yep

Listen to this:

cheers
Nobody here is trying to stop anyone else from buying from anyone, I think it's still a free world. However, if you try to tell me I HAVE to buy from someone, often at double the price, just because of the color of my passport, well, I'll either find a way around the rule, or avoid the product and get something else. In both instances, Then I'll tell that person trying to impose their wishes, to, as my dear old dad says, 'take a long walk off a short pier'. If you think looking for a fair price is pathetic, well, your on a way different planet than me buddy.
Steve
Old 03-24-2009, 10:01 AM   #87
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,921
Hey my house isn't for sale, but since you are Canadian I will gladly sell it to you for more than 50% above market

By the way if my house was for sale I would sell it to Americans at market.

Are you getting the point now ?

Quote:
Yep

Listen to this:

cheers
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:44 AM   #88
blackmamba
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
Put your panties back on girls!!

I understand your points.
Did I quote you on anything?
Did I try to disprove anything?

Don't you think you are imposing your wishes on someone else Steve ?

Rick, I was ecstatic at the price. I was even a little happy the I don't have to pay import duties. Yes , they are very expensive.

And last but not least.....................Bill.
Even I don't have enough money to buy a house in BC, so sorry, but I would have to turn down your offer.

Cheer up. I was pleasantly surprised at their service as I expected worse and felt I wanted to post it.
I knew how much the stuff cost when I bought it, so no hidden "fedex" surprises.

Almost as bad as the overpriced KTM's and BMW's some guys ride, he boys?

Now go out and ride, simply because you can. I am still stuck in snow.

cheers

Couple of pedal bikes
blackmamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #89
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 4,942
Quote:
Nobody here is trying to stop anyone else from buying from anyone, I think it's still a free world. However, if you try to tell me I HAVE to buy from someone, often at double the price, just because of the color of my passport,
just to stir the pot a little-US and Canadian passports are both blue if those were the 2 you were referring to? I know 'cause I have one of each.

Quote:
Almost as bad as the overpriced KTM's and BMW's some guys ride, he boys?
ahhh Mamba, I just want to know this: overpriced as compared to what?
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #90
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69
just to stir the pot a little-US and Canadian passports are both blue if those were the 2 you were referring to? I know 'cause I have one of each.

ahhh Mamba, I just want to know this: overpriced as compared to what?
actually, I used the passport as an example because all the US passports I've seen recently are a dark burgundy. You know what I was getting at though.
Steve