Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #10891
Airwave77
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Wink 2002 Parts for Sale

I'm new to ADV.
I was in a hit and run a little while back. I will be rebuilding my 2005 Dakar (she only had 1,700 miles on her) this winter (and powder coating her all black) but I have some parts to sell off of my 2002 running parts bike as I go. Currently, I only have a few 2002 parts for sale:

Front headlight assembly
Tail light assembly
Exhaust
Two Dakar Seats - both need recovering
One TT Zega Case & Frame- buy the one and I'll give you the dented one for free (bike tipped in soft soil on the kickstand)

I will eventually have a 2002 to part out: minus the radiator and fan, stanchion tubes, and plastic.

Let me know what you might need. I'm not trying to make a killing, I do need more room in my garage and $ towards my rebuild.
Airwave77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #10892
Beema
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Question BMW G650GS single pot

I am getting back onto a bike after 30 years away from a Honda K1 and thinking of the new G650GS tourer single pot and would appreciate any feedback on the 2012/13 models?
Beema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #10893
bhb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beema View Post
I am getting back onto a bike after 30 years away from a Honda K1 and thinking of the new G650GS tourer single pot and would appreciate any feedback on the 2012/13 models?
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760254

or

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747861

bhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #10894
Aquatic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beema View Post

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760254

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747861

Essentially the same bike - http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825384
Aquatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #10895
Rovas
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave77 View Post
I'm new to ADV.
I was in a hit and run a little while back. I will be rebuilding my 2005 Dakar (she only had 1,700 miles on her) this winter (and powder coating her all black) but I have some parts to sell off of my 2002 running parts bike as I go. Currently, I only have a few 2002 parts for sale:

Front headlight assembly
Tail light assembly
Exhaust
Two Dakar Seats - both need recovering
One TT Zega Case & Frame- buy the one and I'll give you the dented one for free (bike tipped in soft soil on the kickstand)

I will eventually have a 2002 to part out: minus the radiator and fan, stanchion tubes, and plastic.

Let me know what you might need. I'm not trying to make a killing, I do need more room in my garage and $ towards my rebuild.
Airwaves, you don't happen to have any side plates? When bought my bike, never had them. Not real important, but wouldn't mind finding a pair. How much for the cases? I'll try to PM you. Thanks Bill
Rovas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #10896
Airwave77
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by majbg View Post
Airwaves, you don't happen to have any side plates? When bought my bike, never had them. Not real important, but wouldn't mind finding a pair. How much for the cases? I'll try to PM you. Thanks Bill
Do you mean the plastic side panels? I have a great set of those, but they are off of the 05 (grey with blue and red decals). I had caribou cases on my 05 when I was hit and they saved the entire rear-end. Using the same cases on the 02.

How does $125 for the one Touratech Zega case sound? I can sell the rack for the same price, as well. So, for $250 I can sell you the good case, the dented case, and the rack.
Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #10897
Airwave77
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave77 View Post
Do you mean the plastic side panels? I have a great set of those, but they are off of the 05 (grey with blue and red decals). I had caribou cases on my 05 when I was hit and they saved the entire rear-end. Using the same cases on the 02.

How does $125 for the one Touratech Zega case sound? I can sell the rack for the same price, as well. So, for $250 I can sell you the good case, the dented case, and the rack.
Thanks,
Chris

I should have mentioned that they are the 35L cases, and that they came on the 02 when I bought it and that I do have a key but just the one.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #10898
Gravel Seeker
Thomas

Oddometer: 3,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneC1 View Post
When parking on slopes, place in gear, failure to do so is ugly
Uh uh...

2005: Australia - 8 months/ 26.000 km (anti clockwise circle)
2009: Norway - 2 weeks/ 6000 km (Lindesnes to North cape)

Gravel Seekers.com

Hey !
It's the African ant eater ritual !
Gravel Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #10899
Gravel Seeker
Thomas

So, tired of waiting for a reply to my email to an Aprilia dealer I called today asking for a set of spokes and nipples for the 19" Pegaso wheel i picked up from ebay a few months ago.

36 spokes and nipples....wait for it.... NOK 3.300.....that's USD 577..... think my reaction was smetinhg like this
He agreed that price may be a bit steep. He suggested looking at the price for a complte new wheel... NOK 5200 + vat (25%), so USD 1.136,-

I've got the wheel dirt cheap so I'm thinking of cutting my losses already when speaking with a colleague he sends me this link. Looks like a built to order spoke/ niple set is 79 (USD 125) + shipping + import fees + 25% vat

But I need the data for the spokes, like length, bend and thickness and what type of nipples before I can order.
And I need the offset before I can have somone lace the wheel, but neither the Aprilia dealer nor the BMW dealer could tell me the spec's. I'm sure if they bothered to go ask a mechanic they could though.

So, if anyone know the data needed to order spokes and nipples and the spec's to lace it correctly I'd appreciate it.
If not I'll just look for another eBay wheel. A mint-ish one this time

Gravel Seekers.com

Hey !
Old 06-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #10900
tomatoe333
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Seeker View Post
So, if anyone know the data needed to order spokes and nipples and the spec's to lace it correctly I'd appreciate it.
Not sure how easy it is to get stuff from the US to Norway, but my local dealer relaced my front wheel last year with an Excel rim. He got the rim and spokes from Buchanan's Spoke and Rim. They knew all of the specs and everything fit together right the first time. http://www.buchananspokes.net/

If it's just spokes and nipples, you could measure the ones that are on the bike and use that as a guide. So long as you can get the nipples loose you should be able to extract at least one good set of spokes.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #10901
dansin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Seeker View Post
So, tired of waiting for a reply to my email to an Aprilia dealer I called today asking for a set of spokes and nipples for the 19" Pegaso wheel i picked up from ebay a few months ago.

36 spokes and nipples....wait for it.... NOK 3.300.....that's USD 577..... think my reaction was smetinhg like this
He agreed that price may be a bit steep. He suggested looking at the price for a complte new wheel... NOK 5200 + vat (25%), so USD 1.136,-

I've got the wheel dirt cheap so I'm thinking of cutting my losses already when speaking with a colleague he sends me this link. Looks like a built to order spoke/ niple set is 79 (USD 125) + shipping + import fees + 25% vat

But I need the data for the spokes, like length, bend and thickness and what type of nipples before I can order.
And I need the offset before I can have somone lace the wheel, but neither the Aprilia dealer nor the BMW dealer could tell me the spec's. I'm sure if they bothered to go ask a mechanic they could though.

If you like waiting then they're the people to deal with.

I suppose it depends on how old the wheel is but don't the Pegaso and Funduro use the same hub? You could buy a spoke or 2 from Motorworks and see if they fit. Cheap enough if they don't.
dansin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #10902
Don Coyote
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,027
Tires they are a changin

Does anyone have experience mounting an Anakee 3 on the front themselves? I tried putting on a Distanzia with Lojack's help last year, and even using his kiln-like room to get it to pop the bead on, i think i've had more fun lowsiding the bike. The nearby dealers want to charge US$54 for a wheel, so i'm thinking tar-arns and practice might be in my near future. Are Anakees any more giving when mounting than the Distanzias?
Old 06-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #10903
Renaissanceman
DON'T PANIC!

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Coyote View Post
Does anyone have experience mounting an Anakee 3 on the front themselves? I tried putting on a Distanzia with Lojack's help last year, and even using his kiln-like room to get it to pop the bead on, i think i've had more fun lowsiding the bike. The nearby dealers want to charge US$54 for a wheel, so i'm thinking tar-arns and practice might be in my near future. Are Anakees any more giving when mounting than the Distanzias?
Matter of fact, I mounted a set of Anakee3's a few weeks ago. Front was on in 3 minutes, the rear took a little longer, maybe 5 minutes. Tire lube and 2 irons.

A couple weeks later, I had the opportunity to fix a flat on the road. Easy as pie.

Love these tires. Haven't had them seriously off road, but they stick like glue on pave wet or dry. 4,000 miles on them, and it looks like there's at least that much left.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:36 AM   #10904
Gravel Seeker
Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoe333 View Post
Not sure how easy it is to get stuff from the US to Norway, but my local dealer relaced my front wheel last year with an Excel rim. He got the rim and spokes from Buchanan's Spoke and Rim. They knew all of the specs and everything fit together right the first time. http://www.buchananspokes.net/

If it's just spokes and nipples, you could measure the ones that are on the bike and use that as a guide. So long as you can get the nipples loose you should be able to extract at least one good set of spokes.
Problem 1: I threw away all the spokes and nipples after I had cut them off with an angle grinder (Tried loosening, but the spokes just twisted around themselves)
Problem 2: It's an Aprilia Pegaso 19" wheel so my BMW 21" Dakar wheel is pretty worthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansin View Post
If you like waiting then they're the people to deal with.

I suppose it depends on how old the wheel is but don't the Pegaso and Funduro use the same hub? You could buy a spoke or 2 from Motorworks and see if they fit. Cheap enough if they don't.
That link might just be the ticket

Just got off the phone with BMW and he could sell me genuine Aprilia spokes/ nipples for NOK 3150,- and BMW Funduro ones were about half the price. Who'd a thunk that.

Gravel Seekers.com

Hey !
Old 06-19-2013, 03:38 AM   #10905
Gravel Seeker
Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Coyote View Post
Never had a problem popping tires on the BMW rims. Need lube and it's nice to have a compressor, but hand pump will do in a pinch. Need lube though.

Gravel Seekers.com

Hey !