Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average. Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #916
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by AerialCameras View Post
I've walked away from several of these. If I see clear Lexus style replacement lamps or a Pep Boys cold air intake, I keep walking.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #917
kawalaser
Hip to be square

Oddometer: 8,486
Have a local trusted mechanic perform a pre purchase inspection. Check the front end for looseness - control arms, upper and lower control arm bushings, wheel bearings, etc.

GET THE SUBFRAME CHECKED. Cracks are possible on some and are über expensive to fix. Check rear trailing arm bushings, DISA, Intake boots for cracks/tears, run it for any codes. Check for weeping valve cover gasket, worn/cracked belts, check the age/condition of the water pump (corroded? Probably original and should be replaced). Best bet is go to a BMW guy for PPI, he will check all these things and more. Some are dealbreakers, others are not. At least a mechanic can give you an estimate of the cost to get these things fixed and you can then bargain with the seller on the price. You're correct about scrutinizing the seller. Don't buy the car, buy the seller, as they say. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednas
I will never sink to the level of stealing from the homeless.

kawalaser screwed with this post 12-16-2012 at 02:47 PM
kawalaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #918
brewer90
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
I found an 05 330Ci ZHP up in Dallas and was close to a deal when I ran the carfax and saw it had 5 previous owners in 7 years. That didn't smell right so I moved on to the one way far away from me in Green Bay, WI.

It's an 06 which is the last year of the ZHPs. I plan to fly up on 1/4 and drive it back down to Texas. I sure hope I strike it lucky with the weatherman.

brewer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:50 AM   #919
Zoul
No Comment

Oddometer: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Our rental Car from vacation in Portugal and Spain. Nice little 1 Series with a 4cyl turbo deisel 6-sp. Great handling, good power, and amazing mileage. We put over 4K KMs on it in three weeks!

Bigger than it looks too!

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bone View Post
File under: one more we'll never get here...

Throw the Xdrive in and that would be the perfect vehicle... damn near perfect in rwd.. but people just have to have awd here in New England...
I'd do that one in a second. I've got a 3 series AWD wagon now. It's very nice, just bigger than I care for.
Zoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #920
Venteuri
I don't give a shit

Oddometer: 15,028
My new to me 1981 E12 528i

Now I got to get rid of those ugly US bumpers and replace them with Euro specs ... and maybe an ALPINA front wing.

If any body know a good source for e12 euro bumpers

Member #68,893
Above all stop pandering to posts from morons like Venteuri who can't even spell Venturi properly.
Venteuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #921
A-Bone
Indubitably

Oddometer: 12,465
Tell us more about it...

Looks pretty damn sharp....

Love the nose on these...other than those US spec buckers... the Euro bumper will clean that up though...
A-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #922
HOT DAMN!
♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer: 7,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venteuri View Post

Now I got to get rid of those ugly US bumpers

Makes a world of difference, love the old school BBS wheels, congratulations.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #923
Venteuri
I don't give a shit

Oddometer: 15,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bone View Post
Tell us more about it...

Looks pretty damn sharp....

Love the nose on these...other than those US spec buckers... the Euro bumper will clean that up though...
thank you guys.

It was well taking care of.

Its a 528i, 2.8L 6 cyl. & manual 5 speed gearbox.

There isn't much to tell yet... I just bought the car last week ...in Houston.
Today the shipping company is picking it up and taking it to Laredo, to my broker.

I live in Mexico so i'll need to import the car. It will be a while, like a month, to have the car with me.

I was really looking for an 80 Mercedes 300SD diesel ... which is something i want since a long time.. something about them built like TONKAs!

Anyhow, while searching around I found a nice BMW 2002 but lost the bid .. and then voila .. i found this car which I wasn't looking for, but he was looking for me

I will need some recaro seat and I want to replace the US bumpers (see my pics) with this euro style which completely changes the looks

and maybe the alpina front spoiler (not completely sure)

Member #68,893
Above all stop pandering to posts from morons like Venteuri who can't even spell Venturi properly.

Venteuri screwed with this post 02-26-2013 at 10:24 AM
Venteuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #924
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,818
Great lookiing car.

Euro bumpers: Yes.

Alpina spoiler: No.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #925
AerialCameras
Gyrating Peacefully

Oddometer: 1,916
Well I finally found my 330 here in Cali. I must say the cars out here are in far better nick than the heaps in we get in Florida and cheaper too. When the p/o produced binders full of receipts for the entire history of this car, it was all I could do to keep a straight face. There isn't a button that doesn't work, a light that doesn't shine or anything that doesn't function as it should. Control arms and bushings done in the last six months at dealer, along with new cooling system and belts and hoses. The car has only been serviced by two dealers in the valley and not a single stamp is missing from the book. This guy took the car to the dealer for bulbs, tires, shocks, even a new windscreen when the other got a crack. There isn't an aftermarket part on here.. Which could be argued for or against. Either way I'm Florida bound Tuesday or wedensday. It's a 2004 with factory nav, parking sensors and all the associated goodies. However that nav system sucks compared to a current Garmin. Is it worth updating the nav database, or should I just install a new head unit? Less than 100k on the clock, and less than 10k from my checkbook.

Weird that I came here to mourn the loss of a friend and help with the memorial service, and ended up also picking up work and a new to me ride.

AerialCameras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #926
Barry
Just Beastly

Oddometer: 7,195
Cross post from Shiny Things...

2002 325Xi

Just found this, paid a wee bit of a premium to get it. 1 owner, 70K mile car, had my BMW shop check it, nothing wrong that was not minor, they gave me the thumbs up to pull the trigger with confidence.

Interior is nearly flawless, ordered a unit from www.bavauto.com that will allow me to get my iPhone integrated into the head unit.

As others said, I saw one with a strut brace, racing sticker, cold air intake kit, and ran like hell as fast as I could. PPI is critical, as is vetting the owner as much as the car.

After I hit it with Pinnacle all in one product, and the Porter Cable.

Considering these for it, or E46 M rims.

Do not do business with Myrtle West Cycle... Not a reputable vendor by a long shot.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #927
kawalaser
Hip to be square

Oddometer: 8,486

Two hours of swinging a mallet against a screwdriver but seized exhaust butterfly valve is finally liberated and my exhaust is no longer constricted. Can finally hear what an inline 6 is supposed to sound like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednas
I will never sink to the level of stealing from the homeless.
kawalaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #928
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawalaser View Post
Two hours of swinging a mallet against a screwdriver but seized exhaust butterfly valve is finally liberated and my exhaust is no longer constricted. Can finally hear what an inline 6 is supposed to sound like.
Looks like you answered your Sig line in classic Clarkson fashion.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #929
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,309
Quote:
My new to me 1981 E12 528i

Now I got to get rid of those ugly US bumpers and replace them with Euro specs ... and maybe an ALPINA front wing.

If any body know a good source for e12 euro bumpers

Might try mye28.com and ask round since most of us (not me YET) also have E12s. I still have my E28 Dinan and will never part with it. I am also going to do euro bumpers at some point. And an Alpina front dam.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #930
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,309
Quote:
thank you guys.

It was well taking care of.

Its a 528i, 2.8L 6 cyl. & manual 5 speed gearbox.

There isn't much to tell yet... I just bought the car last week ...in Houston.
Today the shipping company is picking it up and taking it to Laredo, to my broker.

I live in Mexico so i'll need to import the car. It will be a while, like a month, to have the car with me.

I was really looking for an 80 Mercedes 300SD diesel ... which is something i want since a long time.. something about them built like TONKAs!

Anyhow, while searching around I found a nice BMW 2002 but lost the bid .. and then voila .. i found this car which I wasn't looking for, but he was looking for me

I will need some recaro seat and I want to replace the US bumpers (see my pics) with this euro style which completely changes the looks

and maybe the alpina front spoiler (not completely sure)

The seats you can do cheap, there is a guy who sells adapters to stick E30 Sports in it for 60 bucks. And one can usually find the correct E30 Sports in colour for a few dollars in good nick at the local breakers. There is also a guy who does repop Alpina E21 front spoilers and rear wings.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: