Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2010, 02:37 AM   #466
ditchwitch650
living the nightmare

Oddometer: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuc
I just bought one off the bloke on ebay - pretty helpful. He said that it comes prejetted with a #145 main which is for sea level. Also has a jetting guide so when mine arrives I'll give you a hoy.
i got mine from mike at powerbarn? he said it close but i have heard some say there way off greta to have a starting point

ditchwitch650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:58 AM   #467
Burkey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
bars

Just put a set of Renthal Button bend bars on the 650. Had stockies on it, with a slight bend that shouldnt have been there.....I like the extra height out of the Renthals. Will be good for standing up as well.
Burkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:09 AM   #468
KASUYAHO
Road Hog

Oddometer: 3,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkey
Just put a set of Renthal Button bend bars on the 650. Had stockies on it, with a slight bend that shouldnt have been there.....I like the extra height out of the Renthals. Will be good for standing up as well.
Did you end up changing the top triple clamp?
KASUYAHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #469
badcooky
I see dumb people!

Oddometer: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR680R
Once again you had to much to drink and got board?

The pump will add fuel every time it is move up till a point (as when you come off and back on during a shift) and makes up for the lag in time it takes for vacuum to draw fuel through the jets. Just as it is for a car carburetor and anyone that has had the pump go out on a car carb would know the same Honda kill switch. I do not know what your problem is with a accelerator pump on a carburetor? It is a proven design and works quite well. Yes, you can make a none pumper carb work but, if you had a choice why would you? I did a nice write up about the stock carb on this thread and gave good clear facts about it. Mine worked good and quite well for most things but, I have won the sand drags over all spot many, many a time with the pumper. I know for a fact that Team Honda has ran the FCR during Baja. I just do not understand why you trash a pumper, Must be one of those guys, "If I don't have one, then it must be junk"

Yes, my cylinder head has been on the Edelbrock Flow bench. The head was compared to the findings of many other configurations of the XR650R and those worked up for three other 680cc bikes. Rob Barnum did most of the work and his 680cc bike was one of the bikes used for comparison. In the end my head was mach ported all the way to the over sized intake valves. My Cylinder head and the carb were setup at the Edelbrock R&D shop, some of the best in the business but, as always you know better and have something negative to say about anyone that is trying to make a better bike or that is trying to share what they found to others. You constantly make up false assumptions and tell lies about me. So, to help in this thread for those in the land down under, lets just agree that your bike is the best, much better then mine and leave this yank and his crap out of it? Yes, Rich Tracy, Mr. Lewis, Barnum, Mr. Gray, Gene Lane and many, many other have no problem with my bike or it's setup but, what do they know?
Bruce i always like to hear from you but not when it's like this mate.
Please ignore the foolish stuff and continue to contribute here,these guys here appreciate it and having another 'good old boy' around would be cool..
Guys for every one XR650r sold in Australia there was 18 sold in the states,so that's 18 to 1 odds that those boys have figured out how to make an XR650r run right in the States.And usually junking the stock carb was top of the list.
The bike is boring with it,add a pumper and it comes alive.
This is the only place in the world this thread here that disputes that big valves make top end power as well,i just don't get it.
Guys big valves make top end power,sacrificing some down low but big power up top.When done correctly there's no substitute.
Yes Team Honda have used a pumper in Baja but their fuel stops were critical so they only used them when the fuel stops were possible to do so,for example when a Baja was well under the 1000 miles they'd go it if all was well.
All those good old boys you mentioned have over the years said that your bike was a tractor and could race start in 4th and dig a massive trench for hundreds of metres/yards.
Way cool.
Later dude.

badcooky screwed with this post 09-06-2010 at 03:25 PM
badcooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #470
Russ

Oddometer: 15,509
OK this " my d... is bigger that your d..." attitude is spoiling the thread for others..
There will be no more warnings.
Russ
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:39 PM   #471
galbo950
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 572
Some Bike Content

This turned up from Germany on Monday, now I just have to find time to fit it.

galbo950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:05 AM   #472
Russ

Oddometer: 15,509
Cool look forward to seeing it fitted.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:38 AM   #473
Burkey
Gnarly Adventurer

Temp gauge

Has/ does anyone use a temp gauge on their 650??? Was looking at the XR's Only temp gauge/ dip stick $US40

All feed back welcome
Old 09-07-2010, 02:41 AM   #474
pRICK
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDADVGS
OK this " my d... is bigger that your d..." attitude is spoiling the thread for others..
There will be no more warnings.
Russ
+1
pRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:44 AM   #475
pRICK
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by galbo950
This turned up from Germany on Monday, now I just have to find time to fit it.

Doesn't look like it will fit very well! I will take it off your hands
pRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:38 AM   #476
galbo950
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 572
Oh I'm sure it will fit. I mean I would sell it to you, but i'd have to cover my all my costs and then there would be a few extra taxes as well for the time i'd have to spend waiting for another to arrive, i'll let you pick a figure and i'll see how close it is...
galbo950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:50 AM   #477
digga1111
bann ed

Oddometer: 3,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by galbo950
Oh I'm sure it will fit. I mean I would sell it to you, but i'd have to cover my all my costs and then there would be a few extra taxes as well for the time i'd have to spend waiting for another to arrive, i'll let you pick a figure and i'll see how close it is...
i think they are about 750 euros, so about 1200 + gst + freight so probably about $1556. i like em, just cant justify the coins. are you upgrading the stator for the lights?
digga1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:56 AM   #478
KASUYAHO
Road Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkey
Has/ does anyone use a temp gauge on their 650??? Was looking at the XR's Only temp gauge/ dip stick $US40

All feed back welcome
Temp gauge on the oil dip stick measures the oil temperature
Old 09-07-2010, 03:59 AM   #479
KASUYAHO
Road Hog

Old 09-07-2010, 04:01 AM   #480
Burkey
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KASUYAHO
Temp gauge on the oil dip stick measures the oil temperature
I sort of noticed that, was after some feed back on what others have found to be the best option...maybe my engrish not so gud